Surprisingly Pleased!! 2 Wks Post Op & Amazing Results - Philadelphia, PA

Researched & shopped...set up a 'smart...

Researched & shopped...set up a 'smart lipo' procedure with dr I've used for botox, peels and my sis used for smart lipo of hips, back, arms, legs, chin & stomach!! 4 day pre op doc calls & cancels surgery...ugh! I called several area surgeons & chose a 'top doc'.....had "slim lipo" of upper & lower abdomen under general anastasia. Dr removed 2 liters of fat.....recovery was not as easy as would have been with local anastasia but the result IS AMAZING!! I had a raised csection & appendix scars with what I referred to as a "tire" around my mid section.....it's all gone!! The scars aren't raised and only 'faint lines'......I'm 46 yrs old & never thought I'd have this result!!

AMAZING......and only 2 wks post operative!!

Can't wait to see the final result....although, I'd be more than satisfied if "this was it"!!

5 and a half weeks post surgery & results are only...

5 and a half weeks post surgery & results are only getting better (I am watching what I eat ~ want to protect my investment)!!
Going to doc for follow up visit in a few days but as of now all is well, down a pant size :)
Still wearing compression garment & I prefer it on rather than off. Everyone asking "how much weight have you lost" when it was never about the weight for me in the beginning...it was about having my pants fit better across my stomach. I actually got on the scale out of curiosity & was surprised to see I'm down 12 lbs!!

Well, it's just over 3 mons post op & every day is...

Well, it's just over 3 mons post op & every day is better results!! Just amazing...people continue to compliment me on how much younger (yes, younger) I look along with the difference in my size overall!!!
I continue to watch what I eat; I don't over indulge.
My expectations weren't unrealistic to begin with but this is just "too good to be true"!!

11 mons post-op & I'm THRILLED with my results ~...

11 mons post-op & I'm THRILLED with my results ~ down 2 pant sizes & have ppl commenting on my "weight loss" or "looking great" when in reality; the scale isn't that drastic but I am down 2 pant sizes...assuming the lipo made me much more proportioned which is what I wanted!!
**you must have realistic expectations** lipo is a kick-start, not a miracle & you have to 'protect your investment by watching what you eat & exercise' bottom line!!
I'm considering having my flanks done soon, so I'll keep posting!!
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

I've only spend the follow up visit with Dr. Glat, since I'd already made my decision..but very satisfied with my results!!

Hello, I am going in for same procedure and was reading your reviews. What did you mean when you said that you would have had better result with local anesthia. I am going to the surgery center because I thought I would have better results if I was put to sleep so I would not need as much fluid put into me. How was you recovery time immediately after the procedure? Were you able to move around? I am scheduled for 10:00am. Nadine
11 mons post-op (abdomen slim lipo) and I'm ready to do it again ~ now my flanks!! I def protect my investment by watching what I eat but I'm still getting "wow, how much weight did you lose?" and the truth is not much, maybe 13 lbs but it's distributed evenly now :)
My advice is "keep your expectations realistic" and you must "protect your investment by working out; watching what you eat"
BOTTOM LINE!! Lipo is a kick-start not a miracle!!
Hello, I am going to Dr. Glat and I was erading your reviews. What did you mean when you said that you would have had better result with local anesthia. I am going to the surgery center because I thought I would have better results if I was put to sleep so I would not need as much fluid put into me? How was you recovery time immediately after the procedure? Were you able to move around? I am scheduled for 10:00am. Nadine
I just had Lipotherme on May 24th, and I am now one week post op. I see some changes but not HUGE, and my lower abs feels hard, and still sore. Is this normal? I am hoping to see more changes, please! I am 48. I guess I just need to be patient. I keep reminding myself it has only been one week. Just looking for some reassurance and some signs to look for or helpful tips. Thanks!
I'm not sure what the difference is between lipotherme & slim lipo, but 1 week out it's unusual to have the results that I did. I know several others who had slim lipo & they didn't see results for months. So, I'd suggest to keep wearing compression garments as long as you can & watch what you eat (protect your investment)!! I recently had slim lipo on my neck & arms (3 wks post op) and see results in my neck but not arms & am told that's typical!! Good luck & you must watch what you eat or it will all be for nothing! I'm down 2 pant sizes & am very happy with my results, hope you wind up the same!!
Hey, where did you go for Lipo in your arms. That is def my next area I am thinking about.
No retaining water...the first couple days swelling but never water weight gain. I had a general anesthetic and with a local you may have water retention? I'd ask your doctor. Good Luck.

I'm just about 6 mons post op & down 2 pants sizes & still VERY HAPPY & would do it again tomorrow :)
I had slim lipo last week along with breast augmentation. I am barely one week out and I am still up 10 lbs from my pre-surgery weight. Do you remember retaining water after your surgery?

Welcome to RealSelf, Mich! It's great that you're up and about only 2 weeks post-op. Are you still swollen or anything?

It's now just over 3 weeks. I just start seeing a wave across my stomach but I read up on this and it's normal. I continue to wear compression garment & even have compliments on my "weight loss"! Soo far just minor swelling & healing.....still very satisfied :)