Tired of Near Death Experiences with my GIRDLE! Lol - Pottstown, PA

So i'm a proud mommy of 5, DJ-Summer,Madison,...

so i'm a proud mommy of 5, DJ-Summer,Madison, Xavier & Tommy. Needless to say, my 5ft frame has taken a bit of a beating. My body is not perfect (not looking for it to be either) but even loosing weight seemed to never really show in the mid-section. I'm ready to back the hated girdle away for good.

My surgery is scheduled for April 12th first thing in the AM. Crazy excited, but just as scared. Uuumm i've even (not kidding) finished my WILL and Trustee forms hahaha crazy i know, but I needed to be proactive. Will post pics

Updated on 29 Mar 2011:
i'm so extra nervous today; i have about 14 days to go and i'm telling you, it's been the craziest few days mixed with tears, weight gain (guess i'm being a nervous eater... never was before) laughs, more tears, wanting to change my mind... but the stomach is a huge drag to carry around and plus i've paid my $$ so i guess it's a go hahaha
i was thinking... my husband has to enjoy this stomach? man that has to suck for him!hahhahaha but he never complains which has made me feel good but i'd like to feel good for a different reason now.
ladies (and any gents out there) i've taken pics of the BELLY (yuk) and i uploaded them to put on the sight but i'm still a bit apprehensive about doing it. but here goes!

Updated on 8 Apr 2011:
4 days!!! SCREAM!!!!!!!! i'm so nervous and excited, i haven't been able to sleep in like 3 days, well some sleep but nothing like what i usually get. anyways, keeping busy... staying positive, i'd like to be a part of the "already done the surgery, flat tummy" club already!
well i will have my 7 year old's BD party this wknd to keep me busy, so i wont be on here much but keep me in your prayers! i'll let you guys know how it went

Updated on 13 Apr 2011:
List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

Updated on 14 Apr 2011:

Updated on 14 Apr 2011:
OMG OMG OMG... SO TODAY IS THE 1ST TIME IM SEEING MY FLATTER BUT STILL SWOLLEN STOMACH AND GEESH I COULD REALLY CRY! I'M SOOOOOOOOO HAPPY WITH THE RESULTS. SORT OF NUMB IN SOME AREAS AND IN A LITTLE BIT OF PAIN BUT NO WHERE NEAR WHAT I THOUGHT THE PAIN WOULD BE LIKE. IM NOT SURE WHEN I'LL GO BACK TO GET THE DRAINS OUT BUT I THINK THE WORST OF THE DRAINING IS OVER... BUT WE SHALL SEE:)
SEE THE PICS

Updated on 15 Apr 2011:
VERY SWOLLEN TODAY... BUT STILL GLAD I DONT HAVE THE FUGLY STOMACH THAT I HAD FOR SO LONG LOL
TODAY I GET THE LEFT DRAIN OUT AND THE RIGHT ONE WILL HAVE TO SAY IN A TAD LONGER, LIL BASTARD! BUT OH WELL... I'M DOING A LOT BETTER, IT'S BEEN 3 DAYS AND I'VE JUST STARTED TO CUT THE PAIN MEDS IN HALF, THIS IS AFTER GOING FROM 2 PILLS EVERY 4 HRS TO JUST 1 EVERY 4 NOW I THINK A 1/2 WILL DO THE TRICK::)
OH YEA AND I CAN LAUGH A LITTLE WITHOUT B N READY TO CRY HAHAHAHA

Updated on 18 Apr 2011:
NOT SURE IF IVE EVER BEEN HAPPIER TO HAVE A BM IN MY LIFE HAHAHA AFTER NEARLY 10OZ OF STRAIGHT PRUNE JUICE, THIS MORNING ALBEIT LOOSE I WAS STILL VERY HAPPY FOR IT! I KNOW THAT WAS A LOT OF INFO HAHAHA BUT GEESH I WAS HAPPY!
OFF LATER TODAY TO GET MY LAST DRAIN OUT... YEA ME
I'LL POST NEW PICS LATER TODAY SINCE IT WILL BE ABOUT A WK POST OP...

Updated on 21 Apr 2011:
SO I HAVE A SPOUNGE SOUND EAR PLUG IN MY BELLYBUTTON-TRYING NOT TO HAVE A FOOTBALL SHAPPED BELLYBUTTON HAHAHA BUT IT FEELS FUNNY BUT I THINK IT MAY WORK:)
ITS CRAZY BC I FEEL GIANT AND SWOLLEN TRYING TO KEEP POSITVE ABOUT THE WHOLE THING, BUT IM FEELING A BIT LOW

Updated on 18 May 2011:

Updated on 18 May 2011:
6 wks yesterday and i feel GREAT! wish the scale noticed how great i felt and went down but hey... it's ok! i'll take new pics soon just have been crazy busy.
things i've noticed... if you skip putting the cocoa butter on your incision for like a day, YOU WILL PAY!!! it felt like my skin was raw, uuuggg so painful! but after a few hours of putting it on regularly i was back to normal. i still wear my binder, not to bed though which is nice bc i have an extra tight one and i'd like to not lose consciousness over night hahahaha last thing is I CAN GO BACK TO THE GYM!!!!! yea me! i was soooo ready to start actually loosing weight and not just looking better because my awesome PS really did a good job in contouring my body lol kudos to him, but i'm glad i can do more then the treadmill now;) i'll take it easy, but glad i can go and challenge myself a little.
needless to say, the hubby is a happy man! lolUpdated on 22 Dec 2011:ok so it's been 8 months out... i still struggle with my weight OF COURSE around this time of year... but i make sure i do not over do it!
crazy thing is, i still swell like crazy and the scar tissue behind my belly button feels weird but all and all i'm a HOT MAMMA again! i get so nervous about IT coming back lol i've dealth with my old stomach for so many years that i literally still have nightmares about it returning. i know it will take a lot of food and little excerise to accomplish this so i'm always watching my food intake and work out like crazy lol hope everyone is well

June 21 2012 ok so i am IN LOVE with my...

June 21 2012

ok so i am IN LOVE with my tummytuck after over a year... it's so liberating to choose to wear a girdle and that's only to squeeze into a sexy dress hahaha so i've lost a few more inches on the waist since my last posting.
I've checked out a few of the new post about others results and i am floored at how awesome these RealSelf members look! you guys rock
Reading Plastic Surgeon

You look great! I'm thinking about scheduling the same procedure with Dr. Reedy. Based on your ratings you seem happy with everything. Would you recommend Dr. Reedy?
LOL...ME TOO...I had to have my 13 yo daughter cut me out of one last night...it felt good at first but I took a nap and woke up in pannick that I could not breathe....I will stick with the compression garment the doc gave me until I feel comfortable getting properly measured for one...LOL...this is funny but sooo true and I completly understand the near detah experience for sure.
my girdle issues were before the surgery... i have on a medium cincer now and it's a year later hahaha i dont always wear them but i wanted to pull the waist in a bit more for the shirt sake lol
but that happened to me a few nights ago, slept in a small compressor and girl when i tell you i woke up in the middle of the night horrified hahaha i can laugh now but at the time it just wasnt funny lol
You look good girl!! I had mine on December 15th-I'm 8 days out already-can't wait til I reach the 8 month mark..lol...I still have the stretch marks too but oh well I knew those weren't going away. I hope I look as good as you do by then (in my bathing suit). ;o)
thanks so much for the kind words... its the best thing ive ever put my $ towards! blissfully happy
I'd say the absolute happiness on your face says it all! Very happy for you! You look great!!
Yippee, happy six weeks... post some new pics girl! I am six weeks on Friday! I just posted some new pics! go for my six week ps visit on monday...

So what are you cleared to do exercise wise?
check out my day 9 pics...i am thrilled! hope everyone is getting on well :)
Good to see you girls are healing up. Don't they put steri strips on the holes? Or do they want it to keep draining til it stops on it's own? The girdle blog here is interesting to me because if my prayers are answered I will get to go in June but thinking four to six weeks in compression garments durning the summer ughhh not to mention the tan lines LMAO!
I know I had triple anti-biotic oinment and gause covering the drain holes for a week. They do leak and they wanted the fluid to just come out if there was any extra. Then last Thursday I went to the PS 13 days post op and he took my tape off the the incision and gause off of the drain holes and said to start using mederma scar treatment. Yea, I wouldn't want to wear a compression garment in the dead of summer UGH! ITs in the 80's here now and I am sweating with one on! lol!
nothing on the holes until they close.. it'll be a few weeks and dont' worry about them woman! they will heal and return back to the natural color (the skin) as if you had nothing there ;) .. that fullness filling will wear off just a tad bit so make sure you begin doing some light walking or something as you will gain a few lbs back if you do NOT! LOL and you dont gain it in your stomach which ='s more junk in your trunk OR your legs or something ;) lol .. so just manage yourself good. Think about what you went through, what you paid and how Fab you'll look by summer it will work out just fine. BTW.. the compression garments will help with the swelling a LOT!! keep them on as much as you can.. i can't believe that I even had the surgery now. It's been 1.5 months now (wow time will fly!!).. and it doesn't feel like i had drains or incisions from hip to hip.. it just looks like it because of the scaring that is healing well. Other than that.. my stomach is still looking devine but i have to strengthen my legs and tone my arms again and be in perfect shape by June for After 5 Gown Time. update the pics when you can! xx
hi how long do you girls have to wear your surgical stockings for and compression garment, i have been advised the stockings for 4 weeks and compression garment for 6 months..i am in the uk, is it the same in america x
So far the PS wants me to wear the compression garment for the first 6 weeks and at my next check up he will give me further instruction... I feel better when I have it on even though its tighter than heck!
Kat,

When did you stop feeling sore in your abs and incision area? Are you still wearing compression garments? I am three weeks post op tomorrow and still sore as anything!
Congrats girl! Glad you made it through and are doing well! You will feel so much better with those drains out... I know i got my drains out on the 15th and still have those holes...ugh! That area is still sore! So happy for you!!!!
How are you doing? Still have you friends (the drains) :)?
Font stress over the swelling, Cause I think mine is getting worse before it gets better. I Keep telling myself it wil take a few months to see the final result...but it will be so worth it. Happy easter to you and your family~
Drains are out but left little sores in their place that I'm now nursing back to health! Lol I'm really good tho. I'm going to be 2 wks PO tomorrow & it feels great! I'm nearly completely up right at this point. How are things with you?
My incisions come out next wk...YEA! altho they don't bother me one bit, it would b nice to have them gone. O & the bellybutton is rounding out quite nicely after using the foam earplugs! Lol
You look great! After the last drain come out you are going to feel so much better! I know how you feel about the BM...LOL! IT took 4 days from my surgery b4 I had one. I had both my drains out and BM 4 days post op.
Wow you look great!!!!!
how are you doing? the pain is actually alot better than I thought it would be!
yes it's not bad at all! I agree!! but wait until the stitches come out.. it's like WOW! unbelievable! lol
well the pain has pretty much gone away, i have one last drain and i'll get the last drain out tomorrow:) yea me!!!!
i'm sooooooo swollen sometimes i feel like i can hardly breath, seriously... after i eat even a little i just feel so extra full all over its unbelievable! havent seen my actual scar yet but maybe in a few wks i'll be able to grace my scar hahahaha

how is your recovery coming?
You look great. Congrats.
That's so awsome (not the drain part lol) I'm so glad you are pleased and you should be very proud of yourself too!!! By the way I was born in Pottstown, left as a baby too but that's what's on my birth certificate. :)
wow, really! thats awesome... i live in the Upper Pottsgrove area so i'm sure we would have been close neighbors somehow:)
i'm going today to get my left drain out, he right one (of course the annoying one) stays in for now:(
but oh well... so far this has been a great experience...