My Tooth Fairy - Levittown, PA

I am going onto week 3. First two weeks were...

I am going onto week 3. First two weeks were really tolerable and I felt confident. Two days ago I got the ridges put in.... Oh boy. When my trays are on, I don't even notice the bumps and they don't hurt at all. Without the rides.. NOT so good. They hurt and are painful to eat with. But I am sucking it up and I am determined to do this. It will be 1.5 years and then they will come off.

The staff at my orthodontist's office is wonderful and they are a great support and motivator.

Going Strong! I will have 14 trays on the bottom...

Going Strong! I will have 14 trays on the bottom and 24 on the top. I am 2 days into tray 3 and the trays are nice and tight. I do have some minor sore spots but I can deal with that and I am used to the ridges now.
I am drinking a lot more water, snacking a lot less and I've lost 6 pounds so far. By the end of next year my goal is to have beautiful teeth and be at least 20 pounds thinner.
For anyone who is considering Invisalign, Get yourself a good orthodontist who lays everything out for you, accept that there will be minor agitation and go for it. For me so far it's well worth it.

I initially thought I'd end up wearing each...

I initially thought I'd end up wearing each tray for 3 weeks as my teeth are so crooked, but so far I'm barely making it to 2 weeks before they are loose and I have to change them out. I started tray 4 last night and they feel tight but they don't hurt at all. I am getting used to the ridges and I go back next week for the last set of ridges to be put on and I'll get more trays. I can see a subtle difference in my top teeth but nothing in the bottom yet.

I have learned some new tricks as I go along....

I have learned some new tricks as I go along. Chewing gum for 10 minutes after eating and then flossing/brushing and putting the trays back in helps.
Putting a little bit of Listerine in the trays at lunch keeps them clean and from getting gross.
Soaking my trays in peroxide and water 4 nights a week, and denture cleaner 3 nights a week, while I eat dinner keeps them clean and from getting disgusting.
Taking advil/tylenol and Putting in a new tray before I go to bed minimizes the discomfort of a new tray.

Dr. Cullen

My orthodontist has taken time to sit and explain everything to me and has made sure I know when to expect pain and discomfort and what to expect cost wise and how the end result will be. Someone who takes the time to explain everything, is up front and is very supportive and listens is a very important part of this process.