4 Days Postop!! Silicone Overs 425/450 Cc's! LOVE Them but Have Questions. - Pennsylvania

First, I'd like to say thank you to all of you for...

First, I'd like to say thank you to all of you for posting!! You have no idea how you've helped me!! Your willingness to share your stories has been amazing. I've spent hours reading about all of you!

So, I am 4 days postop and feeling pretty good. I am in my 40's, 5'5", 125 pounds, and I was a B cup but recently lost about 10 pounds and with the weight went the boobies. I finally had enough and opted for a BA, something I've wanted for more than 10 years. Because I had too much space in between my breasts and was slightly droopy, my PS said I would get a much better result with overs, and after doing my homework I was perfectly fine with that. My PS is the best in my area and I have all the faith in him. His reputation is excellent and I trust his judgement. I got 425/450 silicone on 11/21/12 and quite honestly I couldn't be happier with the way I look already! Recovery was way easier than I anticipated! I have not needed one pain pill since surgery. I opt to take a Percocet at bedtime simply because it makes sleeping easier. I wouldn't describe it as pain. It feels more like a tightness/pressure on my chest so I occasionally will take a few extra strength Tylenol. I do have some bruising at the sides and I itch pretty bad, but that's the extent of it. I think I'm doing very well, but I do have some questions please.

I have seen some rippling in the very center bottom of both breasts. Not bad but I see it occasionally. It seems to go away but does come back. I especially have seen it when I removed my sports bra to take a shower. Will this go away? My first postop appt. is tomorrow but I'm wondering if anyone else sees this as they settle into their normal position. Also, my right already seems like its dropping but my left is still high and tight. It's not too bad but definitely noticeable to me. I think I have read that this is normal but I need some reassurance from those of you that maybe experienced it. Also, how long does it take for the numb feeling to go away? This part is kind of weird to me. Just a very weird sensation for your boobies to be numb. Almost like they don't feel like they are part of me.

I am very, very happy overall. It is hands down the best thing I have ever done for myself!!!

I'm now 8 days postop and had my infra mammary...

I'm now 8 days postop and had my infra mammary stitches removed today. That felt good to get those out. They were starting to become extremely itchy. Started scar cream immediately.

Here's a lesson I'd like to share because when it happened to me I couldn't seem to find a solid answer. As I noted above, on day 4 I noticed some mild rippling on the inside of my breasts in the cleavage area. I was quite upset as you can imagine. Yesterday I noticed that my original sports bra which was a 36C was getting tighter and tighter and was really starting to hurt me pretty bad. I had no choice but to take it off. I immediately felt better. After I thought about it, I realized that maybe it was just to small for my size and immediately ran to Walmart and started trying on some Danskin sports bras in all sizes. Lo and behold...I'm a 36D!! Or at least I think so..there were no 34D's to try on. Is that a bra size?? How in the world would I know since all I ever owned were 34B's... Haha. At any rate, I LOVE these Danskin sports bras when compared to the front zip sports bra from Penney's. Sooo much more comfortable for the girls. I had an appt. with the PS today, had him check it out. He says its fits fine and had good support. Guess what?? Ripples gone!! My damn bra was just to small and the girls were squished enough to cause a rippled look. Lesson learned. I just wanted to post this in case it happened to anyone else a few days after surgery. Make sure your sports bra is the right size for you. I feel so much better!

Oops..I meant my original sports bra was a 34C...

Oops..I meant my original sports bra was a 34C (not 36C).

Hi, You look great! How did you loose your 10 lbs? I just recently had an implant exchange and now I'm wanting to shed excess pounds! Thanks!
Thank you! Just watching what I eat and going to the gym 3 times/week. So far I am maintaining the weight. Good luck!
You look great! Glad your recovery is so easy. Did you have the implants over or under the pec muscles?
Glad you found the culprit! So glad to hear your recovery is going well!
Thanks for the tip!
You look great! Glad you found a comfy bra! Hope you are happy with your final result!!
Bwahaha! Hilarious that it was your bra! And we were worried it was an "issue"! So glad for you it was not!
Great tip on the rippling/bra info. Congrats to you, I'm glad you're so happy with your decision. Now the waiting for them to drop game begins ;-)
Who is your PS?
Looking great!
First, The rippling may resolve as your scar capsule forms and matures, so do not worry now. Second, One will drop faster than the other, so relax and wait on it. Third, The numbness may be gone in 4 weeks, but usually takes 6-12 weeks. The textbooks say it can take up to two years. Congratulations.
Thank you, Dr. Sexton. Very helpful!
Yeah! Lets see some before and afters!
Hi ProudofThem! Congratulations on the new girls! I bet you feel like a new woman! As far as the rippling goes, I am wondering where your incision sites are? It could be stitches "pulling" or it could be because you went "over". I cant think of any other reason it would be happening. If it's from the stitches, it could go away, if it is just b/c you went over then it may not. And yes it is normal for one side to drop faster than the other or be of varying softness. Are you massaging yet? That will help with tightness.  As far as numbness goes, I am 6 months post-op and still have numb spots. Numbness could be either temporary or permanent. Only time will tell. Mine has progressively gotten better through the months and I now have some sensitivity in my nipples. If you notice that your nipples contract at any point, that is a good sign. Well that is my 2 cents, Good luck to you and welcome to the other side!
Hi Scrappy! I do feel like a new woman..it's incredible. My incision sites are inframammary. I saw my PS today and the stitches will come out on Thursday. He thinks I look very good, and that when I drop I won't have any ripples. There is just one crease on the very low center of each breast. I am a very thin person on the top, so that doesn't help. I did overs to get the best result for my body type, and I am not sorry because I FINALLY have cleavage. My PS did not think I'd have the same result with unders due to the space issue between my breasts. He also didn't say anything about massaging either. I don't think he wants me to do anything until the stitches come out on Thursday. I will say that each day the tightness gets better and better. I am now experiencing those zingers people talk about...little shocks when the nerves come back around. Wow...that's a funny feeling. I am so very happy with my decision to do this. I can't even imagine not having them now!! Haha Thanks for writing Scrappy!!
Thanks for sharing your story, proud. You look great! Rippling is a common risk associated with having a BA. (more prevalent with saline implants) Any pre op piks to share?? Would be nice to compare before/after differences.
I too have to same questions. Im 6 days post op and my right boob seems like it has dropped and healed. It feels very natural. Now, my left boob is a differ story. Its still high, tight, and bottom half is numb. Im thinking its normal cause I can easily do things with my right arm and have no problems but if I do things with my left arm the tightness comes back. I can also lay on my right side at night but not on my left. My doctors appt is tuesday so I'll see what they tell me plus I'm sure message will help which will start tuesday.
Thanks Marie! I'm the same as you, I can sleep leaning a little bit to the right but not to the left. My left breast also appears to be a bit larger, but I think it's just because that one is still more swollen. I can use both arms just fine. I see my PS tomorrow, so I'll let you know what he says. Thanks for answering! Good luck! I'm sure we'll both be fine!!