51 Yr Old, Mini or Vertical Lift Performed by Dr Siegel 12/5/13. A Complete 100% Failure. Houston, TX

After the procedure completely failed & he blamed...

After the procedure completely failed & he blamed my "genetics", he refuses to show to me or provide the before & after pictures he took in his office. Why would he NOT want me to see them? I have asked many many times yet he refuses to let me see them. Interesting how he & his office always have my correct phone numbers & email address yet misplace them when I ask for the B & A pictures to be sent, as promised. Coincidence? I think not. Very sneaky….please avoid this one. Too many good, honest ones out there!
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

poor manners, lack of patience, dislikes questions or explaining things, refusal to accept any responsibility when a procedure fails.

This review is now being closed to future comments, as the conversation is no longer helpful to the consumer or the wider community. The review can still be viewed, but is not accessible to comment on.

Privacy laws do not allow the doctor to engage in direct conversations so they are unable to respond to direct patient conversations.

Please ensure that any comments you make on RealSelf comply with RealSelf Terms of Service. If you have any questions about this, please PM me.
I appreciate all feedback - positive, negative or neutral - as it helps me to provide the best possible care to my patients. Privacy of our patients is most important, and to comply with HIPAA laws, I cannot address the specifics of this review. I would like to provide some information for prospective patients considering plastic surgery. Results after surgery not only depend on the technical aspect of the surgeon, but also on the expectations of patients. Two different patients undergoing the same procedure by the same surgeon may get different results, even if the surgery was performed in identical fashion. Inherit anatomic characteristics in each individual may limit the results of a particular procedure. Even-though the surgeon cannot modify these, it is imperative to discuss this limitations so the patient's expectations are in line with what is surgically achievable. The best results are achieved when the patient and the doctor work in concert to create the desired aesthetic effect. This relationship goes both ways, as the surgeon has to understand the patient's goals, and the patient has to consider the surgeon's recommendation.
Dr Siegel, Have you made available to the patient her own before photos? If not, why not? And as far as two patients getting remarkably different outcomes based on their "inherit anatomical characteristics".....isn't the likely compromise in results something YOU should warn them about in very specific terms. Did you advise this patient that based on her "characteristics" she was going to have a bad outcome. I think sometimes surgeons CAN recognize patients whose result will be less than ideal or whose result will not last but for some reason they aren't too forthcoming with these observations or predictions. Wonder why? grace

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

It is important for all patients to understand that if a medical professional fails to live up to their obligations, patients have the obligation to contact the Medical Assurance Board in the state that licensed the doctor and have them investigate the situation. The Medical Assurance Board protects all of us and makes sure people are held accountable for their actions.
Too many promises were made by his secretarial staff, without his knowledge perhaps, but unprofessionally. One of his staff stated the Dr often must perform "re-do's" but he didn't want to discuss that even at my expense. That would indicate his failure at procedure #1, obviously. BTW, I finally received my before & after shots but the office hasn't distinguished which ones are which. I can't remember which blouse I wore on which day & the photos are completely identical without any evidence of a procedure having been performed. So I now have before & before shots…..just with 2 different blouses. Wow-such a miserable, disappointment this process has been. How does this man (or his staff?) sleep at night? On extremely high-end sheets, I suppose.
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf.
HI dlutzow, Wow, Really sorry to hear about this. Can U tell us what went wrong with the procedure? I know this doesn't help you, but anyone else who may read this, it is a precautionary tale to take some photos yourself before any procedure just in case something goes awry. I know most people don't even want to think about the idea of a procedure having a significant problem but it is probably a good idea if U need to document anything. I would also recommend using a professional photographer to take the before photos. U can usually find someone who does passport photos for a relatively low price to do this.
I have many before photos. After the procedure failed, I took too many after shots to count…different angles, different lighting…all hoping I'd come to realize that maybe I'm wrong. He took several before and after shots but refuses to allow me to see them. If he would, I'd go away.
I'm starting to think, with his refusal to show me the before & after photos, that nothing went wrong with the procedure because the procedure never happened. I think this is worse then we imagined. Is it possible he did NOTHING other then make 2 small incisions then suture them up to make us think something happened? Then when nothing did, he blamed it on my "genetics". Is this possible? Have you ever heard of something more horrific?