when did everyone stop wearing their binder?

I am a little scared of getting a tummy tuck. I am...

I am a little scared of getting a tummy tuck. I am getting it done on December 21 because i am a teacher and i have vacation. I will be off until January 2.
I am going to have a few people over on christmas eve. I am wondering if I can just use the "hurt my back" on that day. how were you 3 day po?

Tomorrow, my tummy tuck is 3 weeks away. I am...

tomorrow, my tummy tuck is 3 weeks away. I am wondering how my recovery will be, since it is drain less tummy tuck. What should i eat the first few days? should i buy anything in particular? IM SO NERVOUS!
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

See under the real self logo it says forum? Go there and find December tummy Tucker's :) I forgot to ask but when he took off my tape it was so thin and pink and not crusty. But the area he left untaped looks horrid. Go to the forum there is so much help there
I cant remember what I asked my PS for the both of us..I know I must of but cant remember what your question was. Do you remmeber? Do you ever post in the Dec forum? Its instant answers which is nice.
wonder how long it takes to heal this incision. or when it just starts to look a little better. how do i find the december forum?
Mine does too, I will ask why at my PO tomorrow and let you know.
thanks so much!!! i love this website. i wonder how long it takes to heal this incision. or when it just starts to look a little better.
I don't know when you find out let me know lol-day13 still looking like a little old lady
I'm three weeks po and it is still a struggle- if I am sore I am bent quite a bit, but if I am not sore and swollen I almost feel straight, until I take my CG off, then I am reminded that I am a little short of skin still :) All worth it!! Hang in there!!
im so sore, from where the drains were. I hope those holes heal quick.
Where did he place the drains? A lot of people have that complaint. My PS put mine in the crease between thigh and pubic mound, they were not too bad, but by the end of the week I was definitely ready to be done with them!! I would say at one week after having them removed I couldn't really see where they had been - I have a small scab still from where they each were, but very fine. They stopped feeling irratated about a day after the drains were removed.
I'm straightening out. It's not super straight, but not crazy. Today is day 5 for me. The first few days were worse. Walk around in different spurts - it will help.
thanks....im hoping tomorrow (day 4) is better. i had my drains taken out today.
Wow! Congrats! I hope to get mine out on Wednesday.
Congratulations! Please post about your stainless TT. Mine is on the 26th and I'm getting scared. Happy to know you are through surgery!
I ended up needing drains and they suck! the recovery really isn't bad. i am just really hunched over.

You are going to do just wonderful and we will all be here for you when you are done.

Keep a mild diet the first week but make sure you are taking in plenty of good lean protein, fruits and veggies.  You need the protein for healing and the fiber to keep regular.

Also keep up on the fluids all day.  I really like the Ensure High Protein Shakes. They taste great and are loaded with good things.  Also the calories and sugars are low in this one.  You can put them in a blender with ice to make a shake as well.

love that last idea...putting the ensure in a blender with ice.

You will like it!!   It's totally nummy.  I like the chocolate the best!

I did eat mostly crackers, toast, and applesauce for the first couple of days. Make sure you drinks lots and lots of water, as it really does help with swelling; they told me to drink a gallon a day.
Is your surgery still scheduled for tomorrow? Try not to be too nervous.... I was a basket-case by the time I got to the surgery center (my blood pressure was up about 40 points higher than usual) but it really was over with so quickly. Now I'm heading around the corner of 2 weeks PO. The time after surgery seems to go much quicker than prior :-) Good luck to you!!!
well blood test came back positive for pregnancy. but i just had my period. so i am thinking it was a chemical pregnancy. i am waiting to hear my blood results. hopefully i still can have it tomorrow.
Omg... I just read your profile and saw that you are a teacher! So am I...that is why I am getting it done too at this time. What a small world lol!
yeah and i am just hoping i don't swell too much when i go back to work.
I am sure we will both be fine. Keep your posts coming. I can't wait to go through this with you(;
no i am not ready...and very upset...They changed locations and everything...I had to pay for my surgery twice...because it takes 5-7 days to refund my visa...grrr...mine was $17,500 x2...but I will get a refund in 5-7 days...Not fun finding that much again...lol
how are you?