Septoplasty procedure by Dr. Marc Reinald Santiago, Pampanga Philippines: A Severe Case of Deviated Septum

I had a deviated septum for nearly 7 years due to...

I had a deviated septum for nearly 7 years due to a basketball accident. Some friends from the Philippines recommended a young doctor, Dr. Santiago, to see him during my vacation. In short, he checked my nose and explained everything to me including my severe allergies which greatly aggravated my breathing since my left nostril's passage was constricted already. He also explained the surgery to me and what to expect after.

I was admitted to the hospital the day before the operation. They checked my heart since I have a hypertension and almost 40 years of age. Next was my lungs and I think that was for the general anesthesia for the next day's procedure. The following morning before the procedure, the anesthesiologist explained to me again what will happen and what to expect before, during and after the surgery. After less than 2 hours in the operating room I was brought to the recovery room. Another couple of hours when I woke up they then sent me to my room wide awake and happy that it was finally over..

My left nostril was stuffed with what they call " NASAL PACK". Ask your doctor about this. It replaces the gauze that traditionally put by the doctor to stop bleeding. Another advantage is that it avoids changing of gauze everytime when it's filled with blood. This nasal pack was amazing because I just let it there inside my nose for 9-10 days and no more cleaning whatsover. When my brother saw me after the surgery he told me that I looked like the same after surgery but not for a little swelling. I went home the following day. The swelling lasted for few days but it was not reddish. My first night was actually ordinary just like my regular night. The doctor advised me that I can actually do my regular routine except to avoid swimming. I took pain reliever for 2 days only and I really feel great the entire healing process.

The 3rd day, my left nostril with nasal pack started to shrink and I felt some air going in and out already. I also went back to my usual routine after 4 days but of course I was still conscious about my nose. After a week I went back to Dr. Santiago and he tried to clean my nose and gave me some sprays to use for complete healing including some antibiotics to avoid infection.

Now I feel great. The surgery helped a lot that brings back my old self. I wish I knew Dr. Marc Santiago before so I didn' have to experience sleepless nights, difficulty in breathing etc. The doctor was superb aside from a very low cost. I stayed at Mt. Carmel Hospital in San Fernando City, Pampanga, Philippines.

How about uterine septum doctor? could you operate on that too? Im willing to travel to pampanga to set an appointment with you doctor marc reinald santiago.btw,im from the philippines
how about a septum in the uterus? when i gave birth to my firstborn son (deceased). the doctor who performed the CS saw that my uterus was partitioned..its like having a compartment in my uterus. so i want it out..can anyone help me pls

Thanks for posting your experience. So glad you're breathing well again!

Dr. Marc Reinald Santiago

He was highly recommended to me by a friend who operated on him in his throat. Another acquaintance told me that she was treated by this doctor after seeing lots of ENT doctors in the U.S.. She testified that only this doctor helped her recover her taste and smell.