Very Pleased with Slim Lipo - Palo Alto, CA

After two IVF treatments (In Vitro Fertilization)...

After two IVF treatments (In Vitro Fertilization) and one successful pregnancy, I gained a lot of weight, especially in my stomach area. After the birth of my baby, I was back to running 3-4 days a week and started losing the weight. However, 10 months later (though I was pretty fit and down to near my ideal weight), I still couldn't lose the stubborn belly fat. So, I made the decision to get laser liposuction right after my 40th birthday.

I was referred to my doctor through a friend who also had the laser liposuction done. The doctor performed the lipo on my entire stomach (upper, lower abs, and flanks) on December 17, 2010. I also had my inner thighs done on February 16, 2011.

I do agree with one reviewer that the procedure itself is not really painful but uncomfortable at times. You're on local anesthesia, so you're awake during the entire procedure. But I saw IMMEDIATE results after the surgery was done. Five inches were taken off my waist! And I finally don't have any fat when I sit down.

I think the hardest part of the whole process was the swelling and the soreness I experienced in the following two weeks (after the surgery), especially when taking the compression garment on and off. It was also frustrating not being able to go back my regular cardio exercise right away. I was able to go back to running after 4 weeks. During that time, I also had to be patient with the healing process. I experienced hardness and lumpiness underneath the skin - which is very common after liposuction. In my experience, recovery from lipo on the inner thighs was faster and easier than on the stomach.

Overall, I am very happy with the outcome! People that I know notice the results right away.

Hi MissL,

Thanks for writing such a helpful review of your experience. Are you completely recovered now or do you still have some residual swelling?

Hi Sharon,

I was happy to write a review for Real Self! Yes, I'm totally recovered now and no swelling on the stomach or thighs. As I mentioned, it was easier recovery on the thighs overall. But can you do me a favor and make a correction? You have the wrong doctor and picture listed on my review. My doctor's name is: William H. Brown III, his practice is Palo Alto Laser & Skin Care in Palo Alto, California.

Thanks!
Josephina

Glad to hear you're through "swell hell" :).

Sorry about linking to the wrong doctor - I've corrected it now.

Photo Update

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Did you go down in dress size at all.
him i was wondering- did you get that $3000 price for your stomach when they were running some kind of special for the holiday season? when i spoke with the office they said the stomach starts off at $4000, although they do occasionally run specials around the fall. thanks!
Hi Wendy,

No, it wasn't a special. I was very fortunate to get that $3,000 price because I'm a good friend of the Office Manager and her whole family, so I was able to get a "family discount."

J.J.
William H. Brown III, Palo Alto Laser & Skin Care

All of the staff are fantastic! What I like about this place is that everyone is friendly and professional and they're not going to talk you into procedures and treatments you don't need. Also, I like that Dr. B ONLY does laser liposuction. He doesn't perform all other cosmetic surgery procedures, so his expertise is in liposuction. Please read their reviews on Yelp. Everyone has had an average of a 5 star rating!