Very Pleased with Slim Lipo - Palo Alto, CA

After two IVF treatments (In Vitro Fertilization)...

After two IVF treatments (In Vitro Fertilization) and one successful pregnancy, I gained a lot of weight, especially in my stomach area. After the birth of my baby, I was back to running 3-4 days a week and started losing the weight. However, 10 months later (though I was pretty fit and down to near my ideal weight), I still couldn't lose the stubborn belly fat. So, I made the decision to get laser liposuction right after my 40th birthday.

I was referred to my doctor through a friend who also had the laser liposuction done. The doctor performed the lipo on my entire stomach (upper, lower abs, and flanks) on December 17, 2010. I also had my inner thighs done on February 16, 2011.

I do agree with one reviewer that the procedure itself is not really painful but uncomfortable at times. You're on local anesthesia, so you're awake during the entire procedure. But I saw IMMEDIATE results after the surgery was done. Five inches were taken off my waist! And I finally don't have any fat when I sit down.

I think the hardest part of the whole process was the swelling and the soreness I experienced in the following two weeks (after the surgery), especially when taking the compression garment on and off. It was also frustrating not being able to go back my regular cardio exercise right away. I was able to go back to running after 4 weeks. During that time, I also had to be patient with the healing process. I experienced hardness and lumpiness underneath the skin - which is very common after liposuction. In my experience, recovery from lipo on the inner thighs was faster and easier than on the stomach.

Overall, I am very happy with the outcome! People that I know notice the results right away.

Photo Update

William H. Brown III, Palo Alto Laser & Skin Care

All of the staff are fantastic! What I like about this place is that everyone is friendly and professional and they're not going to talk you into procedures and treatments you don't need. Also, I like that Dr. B ONLY does laser liposuction. He doesn't perform all other cosmetic surgery procedures, so his expertise is in liposuction. Please read their reviews on Yelp. Everyone has had an average of a 5 star rating!

Hi, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Did you go down in dress size at all.
him i was wondering- did you get that $3000 price for your stomach when they were running some kind of special for the holiday season? when i spoke with the office they said the stomach starts off at $4000, although they do occasionally run specials around the fall. thanks!
Hi Wendy,

No, it wasn't a special. I was very fortunate to get that $3,000 price because I'm a good friend of the Office Manager and her whole family, so I was able to get a "family discount."

J.J.

Hi there,

Yes - it's a good price for the entire stomach! After seeing my pics, another friend of mine is having the same prodedure (lipo on stomach) done by my doctor. Had her consultation this week and has her surgery scheduled for the end of next week. My doctor is Dr. William Brown, Palo Alto Laser and Skin Care, l151 Forest Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94301. Their phone number is 650-565-8683. When you call, please talk to their office manager, Kim Armstrong. She'll set up everything. Good luck!

J.J.

Thanks for responding, 3000 is a great price! Can you give me the name and # of your doctor? How long did it take from first appointment until actual procedure?
can i ask what the price was without your thighs? was it $5100 total for the entire stomach and thighs?
Hi there,

I'm not sure why it says $5,100 at the top. In my actual review, it's $5,000. I paid $3,000 for the entire stomach and $2,000 separately for the inner thighs. I wanted to do both procedures at the same time. But when doing laser liposuction (you're under local anesthesia), there's only so much of it they can inject in your body at one time. Because they took so much out in just my stomach (more anesthesia), the doctor had to break it out into two surgeries. Hope this makes sense.
Hi Sharon,

I just posted pics of my before and after lipo surgery at the bottom of my review. Hope it helps readers that are looking into Slim Lipo. Also, how do I see a response to a question I asked regarding breast augmentation? I clicked on "Expert Q&A" at the top of the Real Self website and typed in a very lenghty question in the "Search by asking a Question" box then pressed the ASK button. If I did not post my question correctly, can you please show me how?

Thanks!

Hi Josephina,

Unfortunately we don't have your question, so I think it didn't go through. :( After you click "Ask" you have to scroll through the list of possible matches and click "Can't find your answer? Ask your question." This takes you to a second page where you can add more info and photos, then submit your question.

Hope this helps! Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Cheers,
--Sharon

Thanks Sharon!

I followed your steps and it totally worked and I just sent my question, along with some pics. Now will wait to see it posted and what the doctors (and others) have to say.

Thanks again for all your help!

Hi Sharon,

Sorry to bug you again, but can you please tell me how I check a question that I posted on your forum regarding breast augmentation? Is there a way to search for it and see if there were any responses?

No problem. :) You can view all of your posts by clicking "My Profile" in the upper-left corner of the screen, or by clicking on your username next to your comments.

Hi MissL,

Thanks for writing such a helpful review of your experience. Are you completely recovered now or do you still have some residual swelling?

Hi Sharon,

I was happy to write a review for Real Self! Yes, I'm totally recovered now and no swelling on the stomach or thighs. As I mentioned, it was easier recovery on the thighs overall. But can you do me a favor and make a correction? You have the wrong doctor and picture listed on my review. My doctor's name is: William H. Brown III, his practice is Palo Alto Laser & Skin Care in Palo Alto, California.

Thanks!
Josephina

Glad to hear you're through "swell hell" :).

Sorry about linking to the wrong doctor - I've corrected it now.

Hi Sharon,

Regarding "swell hell" - LOL. Getting through that phase of lipo(of swelling and soreness), that's exactly what it's like. Thank you for making the correction!