The Absolute Best - Palo Alto, CA

From the pre-op appointment where he answered all...

From the pre-op appointment where he answered all my questions and advised me wisely on what to get and not get done, to the actual procedure in which he outdid himself with superior skill and know how, to the frequent post ops where again all my concerns are addressed and all his advice is dead on, Dr. Commons is, bar none, the best in his field, without a doubt. His fees are honest, his work his superb, and his caring for his patients is ever present in each visit, each step. If you live in the area, there is no reason to go to anyone else. If you live further... take the drive, it's worth it. I'm still newly post op and already, I look miles better than I did before he worked his magic on me. His bedside manners are top drawer, his professionalism is unmatched, his attitude is friendly, reassuring but never condescending. I had a full tummy tuck, lipo on thighs, hips, flanks, arms, back, fat transfer to buttocks and left breast.

One month and one day post op check up

And again, Dr. Commons continues to deliver top drawer quality care, he really goes above and beyond the call of professional duty whenever I see him.
I continue to heal well, I am now standing up completely straight and I only start feeling pulling in the tummy area when I am really tired.
The scar is thin, flat, straight and pink.
The fat transfers are taking on well.
The lipo areas look smooth and very nice.
As usual, all my questions are answered clearly, I always leave his office feeling upbeat and confident that everything is going well, and it always does.
BONUS: Dr. Commons has a great sense of humor, it makes those post op appointments that much nicer.
H! I am scheduled for a TT, lipo and fat transfer with Dr. Commons too! I would love to see your results. Also, when were the drains and pain pump removed? Are you still wearing compression garments?
I do not have pics right now (I'm terrible with stuff like that) but here's what I can tell you: Do not expect quick results, because it does take several months for swelling to totally disappear. My drains and pump were removed 2 days following surgery, I kept on draining quite a lot after that, so be prepared with lots of towels on hand and someone to do laundry for you. I am still in compression garments and will be for as long as there is swelling, I suppose. Rule of thumb: the older you are, the longer you take to fully heal. Also the more fit you are before surgery, the easier it is to heal. Overall, even though I won't see the final results for a few more months, I'm already pretty happy with what I see, so I'm very positive for the final outcome. I will try posting pics once I no longer have any swelling, but right now is not a good time. You will love Dr. Commons though, he really is the best on every level. Also, Elaine at the front desk is wonderful and always very quick to respond and be helpful.
Thank you so much. I'll message you separately as I have more questions.

So it's been 14 months since my tummy tuck, lipo and fat transfers

My tummy went from blubbery muffin top to smooth, firm and flat, I look like I never had kids. My mid section certainly does not show my 38 years anymore. My tush is rounder and fuller, waist is more defined.
One thing, though:
If you are middle aged, do not make the mistake of thinking that all of Dr. Commons' genius and hard work will enable you to eat like a teenager and remain thin: with age, our metabolism slows down and in order to maintain the results of the surgery you will have to exercise and eat right, they're no magic trick.
The difference is that after Dr. C works his magic on you, it is no longer an uphill battle: Eating right and exercising will actually yield results.

Another plus is that in my case, my pre-op tummy was destroyed by 3 kids including a 12 pounder and even years after giving birth I always had pain and my core was very unstable.
Today, I have zero pain, my mid section is tight, the natural corset is back and everything is supported so working out feels good again.

But my days of eating like a competitive teenage athlete are definitely over, lol.

Dr. C also worked on my face, I'll update that review at a later date but suffice to say that I'm very pleased.

All in all, choosing Dr. C as my surgeon was the absolute best decision I could have made, I trusted him with everything he said and I do not regret it: I look and feel younger, more energized, happier, I enjoy life a lot more than I used to because his work erased the nasty side effects of a previous and very difficult life, and his knowledge and skill did not make me look like a walking caricature stuck in a wind tunnel.
I no longer hate or avoid mirrors, shopping for clothes is fun again, and going out without a stitch of makeup on is easy.

And no matter what, ever post op appointment has been awesome, in fact from the pre op consult to now, every question is answered honestly and realistically, Dr. C is very attentive and caring, it is very obvious that he loves his work, takes great pride in it and cares deeply about his patients.
Even for such a drastic procedure, I felt 100% safe from start to finish.

It's been awesome.

I do not have my before/after pics but we took them the other day, I will post them as soon as I get them.
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon