18 Days and Counting! - Palo Alto, CA

I've done a great amount of research and...

I've done a great amount of research and although I feel as prepared as I'll ever be, I can't help but feel a bit scared; mainly about the anesthesia, I have never been put under and that scares me!

Which brings me to this; yesterday I had my pre-op and expected to have labs and an EKG but my surgeon explained to me that because I am young and appear healthy there is no need for labs, etc. Can anyone tell me if they underwent their TT without having any work up done prior?

A little about myself: I am a 30yr old, Mother to a 10yr old son. My height is 5'3" and my weight tends to fluctuate between 115-120lbs.

I workout and watch what I eat but like most, I fall off the health wagon from time to time.

My main reason for getting the TT is my stretch marks and the pertruding stomach that I can't get rid of no matter how many ab excercises I do.

I'll post before and after pictures once I've undergone the TT; stay tuned!

I just had my tummy tuck on the 23rd of November. I had actually called my surgeon a few weeks in advance because I kept thinking shouldnt they be calling me or something. No pretesting either. I actually had mine under twilight sedation in the doctor's office and was pretty scared about that but it all went well and the recovery is quite easy. I also had muscle repair and hernia repair. Hopefully this helps.
Yes you will love this site. It is very addicting and an excellent source of information and support. I look forward to reading more about you as you go through the process.

Are you going to post before and after pics? We all get very excited about those!
Yes, I plan to post them after I undergo the TT ;)

Front and side view preop pictures posted. 17...

Front and side view preop pictures posted.

17 days prior to surgery.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Preop photos added. 17 days before TT.

Preop photos added.

17 days before TT.

Good luck! & days will fly by so fast... I am scheduled for 2 weeks from today and I am nervous and anxious as well! Lean on the girls in this site to get you through! Good Luck!
Yikes, only 7 days away from my surgery! I'm becoming more anxious and have even noticed some anxiety when I think about it...

This week I plan on cleaning, running all my errands and purchasing all the must haves for my recovery; any suggestions ladies?

The count down is on!   You are going to be so busy this next week that the time will fly by.  Do you have the butterflies in the tummy??

Must have's..

Cotton Granny panties, pain meds, protein shakes and other healthy fruits an veggies, Milk of Magnesia, and a really good sense of humor for the recovery!

Surgery went smooth I woke up feeling fine and...

Surgery went smooth I woke up feeling fine and even chatted up a storm with the nurse lol

Getting in bed was a little tough but that's been the hardest part so far. I'm actually surprised that my pain isn't that bad, I would say it's probably at a 5 or 6 right now but definitely tolerable.

My PS said everything went as planned and he was able to place the incision really low, as planned. I can't wait to see my new tummy!

So far so good, stay tuned and thank you for the support Realself group :)

Yey Nayeli! You just had your surgery today and you are already posting!! Thats wonderful and I am encouraged to hear that your pain scale is low. Hang in there and please keep us posted! Happy Healing!

Morning of day two has been better. I was able to...

Morning of day two has been better. I was able to get in and out of bed and go to the restroom on my own.

Last night wasn't too bad and only woke up once to take my meds. The pain is a little better than yesterday. I haven't had too much drainage and spoke to my PS last night, he said they might be able to remove one of the drains tomorrow during my f/u visit.

Hope healing continues to go smooth.

Yes, the info you listed for Dr Kahn I'd correct. Dr. Kahn was the attending and Dr. Watt was the Chief Resident. You may not find info on Dr. Watt since he is still in his residency years..

Hi - I looked for over 20 minutes for your doctors website.  No luck.  Is the one we added to your review correct?  How do I find Watt's information?  thx

Thanks for the advice I can only be up for small periods of time before my back starts to ache, I'll try the back excercices you recommended.

Drains didn't come out bu I have my next appt Monday and he'll take the drains out then.

Other than that still feeling good, better and better by the day :)

It's day 6 and I'm feeling ok, but still...

It's day 6 and I'm feeling ok, but still sore and found that sneezing and laughing is very painful!

It seems as though I felt better the first couple of days post surgery....

Yesterday I had the worst experience with a bowel movement in my life; it was extremely painful!!! I hadn't had a bowel movement for a few days and I am always regular, so have never experienced severe constipation :( today was a little better, although still somewhat painful.

I'm having a little bit of the blues, I guess maybe it's from seeing these horrible tubes still inside of me; tomorrow cannot get here soon enough. I'm still slightly hunched over and that's also getting a bit annoying.

All in all I think I'm pretty happy with my results and know there is a lot more progress to come. If I had to pick at one thing I would have to say it is that my stretch marks aren't completely gone (even though my ps advised me they wouldn't be). But I do have to say my tummy looks a lot better post surg. Oh yea, the one other little thing is the vertical scar where my "old" bb use to be. I wish it weren't there but again, my PS did say that scar would likely be there.

Anyway, just venting and looking forward to the days and weeks to come!

Yay, that's great!

How are you feeling today? I just woke up, but I can already tell that I feel better then yesterday :)

I go back to work on Monday, hope I'm ready for that =\
i feel amazing! i want to skip around the city haha. but i know btter so i just try and relax. i have work monday too so im giving my body as much rest as possible. i couldn't get any more days off so this is just what i have to do. as im sure u would love additional time off too. so happy u are feeling better today.
wow lol im scared i know some ppl say they didnt feel the drains at all and some ppl say the pain is excrutiating. i go in at 9am. now im crossing my fingers on a cool new garment cant wait to update u tomorrow...ok i cant blieve its been 1 week

I'm post op day 10 and I'm not going to...

I'm post op day 10 and I'm not going to lie, I expected to feel a little better than I do. But then again I guess I could feel worse and have to remind myself that I did just have surgery.

I feel like each day I have slightly more energy then the day before. The aches and pains are getting better. I'm down to 2 Tylenol's twice a day and my muscle relaxer before bed(sleeping is SO uncomfortable!)

Today I spent a couple of hours outdoors; went to Target and Ross. By the time I was about 20 minutes into my shopping at Ross I started to feel exhausted...back pain, stomach pains, you name it, and I was feeling it :( I had to use one of their display living room chairs as my resting spot lol I notice when I start to feel that way, all I need is a little time out, then it's like my battery has re-charged.

Now the swelling, Oye!!! I don't think I was really mentally prepared for that. I look at it, and at times think it looks as big as it did pre surgery. I just have to continue to remind myself that it's just a matter of time, and the key thing is PATIENCE(easier said then done).

I try not to look at my stomach too much, but when I do, my thoughts and emotions are different each time. They range from what did I do?? It doesn't feel worth it ;( To, today's latest emotion of, WOW look at the difference!! The few stretch marks left don't seem so bad and I'm really liking the results so far!

I am dreading my return to work on Monday, I have a feeling getting through the day won't be easy! Each day has been a real challenge, some days good, some not so good...I often read about how so many people experience some type of sadness or depression,but I never really believed it would happen to me AND boy was I very mistaken. In the meantime I am trying to stay optimistic, and enjoy this time off by taking it easy and spending extra Qt with my son.

Every day is a blessing!

oh i've had that anxiety when i couldn't sleep finally i started taking benadryl at 10pm everynight to put me to bed. Happy New Year!
hey nayeli! you look great, i'm actually a little jealous :( how are you feeling? i had a little bit of pain today...
Hey Goldengirl, you to look great!! It's hard to see our fabulous results with all the swelling but I'm confident when all is said and done it will have been well worth it; hang in there :)

My pain level is better but I feel drained in other ways. I think I pushed myself to hard yesterday...couldn't sleep and at about 2am had extreme anxiety it was a rough night.

Hoping for a more restful sleep tonight! Happy New Year!

I'll be 4 weeks on Monday, Jan 17 and it feels...

i'll be 4 weeks on Monday, Jan 17 and it feels like i've been recovering FOREVER. i'm still sore and very uncomfortable some days more then others. My tummy is still numb and a little swollen and i get little burning pains kind of like a sting every now and then. this week has been rough, i noticed there was an orange/clear fluid leaking from my incision and freaked out. I went to see my ps and he looked at it, said it was fine and not to worry. I thought i might have torn, ripped, stretched something lol I take the train to work and ran in my heels to make the train and as soon as i got on i felt some pain =/ but my ps reassured me i was fine.

I hate that i'm still so uncomfortable and not even close to feeling back to normal...the recovery period has been a much longer process then i thought it would be.

Nayeli,

I had a mommy makeover to get my body back the way it was before I had kids. (I have 3 kids). I had it done 3 days after you. This weekend will be a month for me.
You look really fit. I can tell you that even though you had a TT you were already working out. It really does show:)
When will you start working out again? I am taking it slow. Watching what I eat though I do fall off the wagon aswell!
Where did you have your TT done?
Hi! Yea I've been on a pretty consistent work out regimen for the last cpl years. I was in a cardio-kb class for about a year and a half and I absolutely loved it! I read you also work out; that's great! You look amazing and your boobies, wowzers! I'm even a little jealous that you don't have any stretch marks! I love everything about my TT, the one and only thing is those darn remaining stretch marks (hard to see them in the pics but in person you can def see them). I had two options, low incision with stretch marks or high and longer incision with fewer stretch marks. The thought of a higher incision worried me so I opted for the low incision, right above my pubic area, very low and clean.

I saw my ps yesterday and he said I could go back to doing low impact excercise, bicycle, elliptical etc. So i'm going to give it a try this evening and see how it goes!

Best of luck and keep me posted on your progress :)

Best of luck and keep me posted on your progress :)

I'll be 6 weeks on Monday. Still going through...

I'll be 6 weeks on Monday. Still going through the motions of recovery but am feeling pretty good. Went back to the gym, low impact exercise only. Trying to ease my way back into it. Can't wait to go back full force, planning on hiring a trainer in march; scheduled for a vacation in Miami in April and want to look as close to my best as possible!

You look really good in such a short time.  You will continue to notice changes month after month as the swelling goes down.  Go slow on the full force exercise because that can also cause swelling.  You do not want to destroy all of the good work that was done to your tummy.
Hey Kimmers you're absolutely right, I've been trying to listen to my body. I've noticed more swelling over the last week. I went back to the gym on sat and then i went again on Sunday. I went slow but decided to take today off.

My incision isn't healing as well as I had hoped. I'm having a little drainage but my ps says it's normal. I go back and see him Wed.

I still don't fit into my jeans comfortabley :(

I hate the swelling, feels like it will never end! When should I start expecting to see less swelling?

I started to really notice changes at about 10-12 weeks.  I know that sounds like a long time but it will go fast.

The more you push it the longer it will take to heal.

Photo Update

you only spent $4600? who was your doctor and where did you get it performed at? ah and when can i sign up?? you're pictures look like they did a great job especially with your belly button! i'm looking to get a TT because i have sagging skin and excess skin! no matter how much i work out it won't go away! do they also have payments plans or was it all needing to be paid upfront?
Thanks, lovely lady! You know I'm two weeks into this & I've cried to some of my friends why did I do this & You know my how my body looked. I'm glad I have you to help me trough this. Te quiero un Chin...

Hang tough girl!!   It will get better and better each week.   You know why you did this!!
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Dr.'s W and K were very patient and explained everything in detail. I felt that they really cared and understood the results I was looking for, they listened and always made me feel comfortable.The entire staff was great, from the receptionist to the nurses and anesthesiologist.