Liposuction of Abdomen & Hips - Palm Harbor, FL

It's finally MY time for the body I want....

It's finally MY time for the body I want. Well, in stages. =)

I'm 28 & have 3 gorgeous kids. The first was born when I was 14 & did major damage to my body. 10 years later I had a son & became pregnant with my daughter when that son was 3 months old. My bod's been through a lot!

I've been working out pretty hardcore for over a year. I've seen dramatic changes in my arms, face, legs & rear. The fat on my gut & hips wasn't budging. I've got a nice little "flap" & the skin is beyond damaged. I know I'll need a FTT. The first step was lipo of the tummy & hips.

All my kids were delivered via c-section. The pain after lipo was a breeze compared to that. The pain was/is annoying at best. I'm almost 2 weeks post-op & itching is the worst right now. I also wasn't prepared for the lumps, bumps & rope-y feelings that now live beneath my healing skin!

I don't think I was properly fitted for a compression garment & have been using some pretty good shape-wear as a substitute. I notice some good levels of pain when I accidentally stretch my tummy too much or twist the wrong way.

All in all, I do see changes, but can't wait to heal up & really see the me w/ less tummy & hip fat!

Hi DevinGirl. I just had ad and back lipo Nov 30-2 days post op now. It really was more than I thought it was going to be-more pain-more recovery. I don't know anyone besides myself who has done this so I have no one who can relate. I am in Pinellas Park and will give you my number if you would like to talk. I am female,49, just don't want to put my real name on line. Thanks!
Hi there! Thanks! I've notice more swelling gone down. I don't even need to take Tylenol anymore. So far there's 2 inches off of my waist & 3 from my hips. I'm 2 weeks post-op & wondering if any more inches will fall off! Hope so! I think we all heal differently & I'm sure you'll see results soon enough, AustinMummy! =)
I am 3 weeks post-op but it seems like nothing change. i m disappointed in the way. i try to think positive to give it more time.. keep my fingers cross. anyway, you sound good for 2 weeks. i think you are getting smaller everyday.

I'm 7 weeks post-op today. Very thankful that...

I'm 7 weeks post-op today. Very thankful that there were zero complications in my surgery itself & with the healing. I'm back to the gym full-force. Very high impact is a little tender on my abdomen, but a light shaping cami takes care of that. 90% of ropes, bumps & lumps are gone. My abdomen & hips made were a full size smaller than the rest of my body. I used to wear a 14 snugly with the legs & bum loose on bottoms. Now I can wear a 12 pretty confidently. More importantly my clothes just fit & look better. My shape is much more pleasant & stream-lined. I cannot WAIT to get my FTT, but in the meantime...I'm very happy.

Dr. Harrell & his team did such a super job. I got a lot of follow-up appointments. At the final one, I got a laser microdermabrasion treatment, makeup application & a lovely photo taken at no extra cost. Was great to be pampered!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm 14 weeks post op today & feel GREAT. All...

I'm 14 weeks post op today & feel GREAT. All lumps, bumps, ropes & superficial pain is gone. There was a few weeks where wearing much would feel irritating - & that has gone as well. Before surgery I was a solid size 14 & my hips were pretty much a 16. Now I'm a size 12 & my hips can fit into size 12's but most comfortable at a size 14. I can fit into junior sizes now. So exciting! I can't wait for my tummy tuck! I've been steadily working out & still working on cleaning up my diet.

When did u hit the gym for the first time ? Any reactions in ur surgical areas ?
I think I used the treadmill like 3 weeks afterward. I walked at first & there was tenderness & a little swelling. That's when I knew I was hitting it too hard. Little by little, any tenderness when I ran went away. It took about two months before I could sprint to my max & take the high impact gym classes.
Palm Harbor Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Harrell was very pleasant & the FOYI staff are super sweet, knowledgeable, & professional. My only minor complaint is that there wasn't too much in the way of Dr./patient time. I didn't get to talk with him during my pre-op or really after my surgery. I know liposuction isn't weight loss surgery, but I just don't know what to expect for my final results. I'm sure all of that can be resolved with my post-op appointments though. I'm pleased to see results already & don't regret choosing Dr. Harrell for my liposuction!