Ouch, So Far...hoping for Good Results!! :) - Palm Harbor, FL

I had my waist, including my upper buttock and...

I had my waist, including my upper buttock and hips, and "bra roll" done on 3/30/12. I made the decision to have lipo because I've always struggled with my weight. I had a "butt shelf" as I like to call it...which was like an extra ridge of fat going from my hips around my lower back making my butt look even bigger than it already is and shortening my waist. The stress of being a caseworker for foster kids and mentally ill adults for 6 years has physically and emotionally taken it's toll on my body. Along with diet and excercise, I decided to add lipo to change the contours that never would have disappeared with excercise and diet alone ...I refuse to live "fat" anymore! My doctor gave me Ativan, an antibiotic, and Vicodin prior to the surgery. Then he marked all the areas that he was going to work on with purple marker...super sexy...haha. I was laying on one side for half of the surgery and then the other side for the second half. He used a small needle to numb the areas where he was going to create the holes where the cannulas would go. He then punctured the holes (3 on each side...6 total) which I did not feel at all. He then used a cannula to inject the tumescent anesthesia. I've got to admit that it did hurt....kind of a sharp stinging pain. He then used a cannula to "suck out" the fat. It did hurt on occasion if he hit an area that wasn't totally numb, but he would go back with the anesthesia and numb the area further and mostly I only felt pressure. A little over 4 hours later I was done. I got bandaged up with giant maxi pads to absorb the extra fluid....again, super sexy. :) Unfortunately the Vicodin made me really sick and I vomited for hours (just being real here, folks) ..so make sure to talk to your doctor about pain medication if you're sensitive to it at all!!! My mom actually watched part of the proceedure and said she could see the difference in my waist and hips. I was swollen like a water balloon and leaking fluid and sick from the meds...so I wasn't in much shape to notice. I really leaked a lot afterwards even through my bandages onto my clothes. I would highly recommend wearing loose clothing you don't care about, and having lots of absorbent padding, old towels, and plastic sheets just in case. I was numb but sore the first night and I could only sleep on my back, which sucks for me since I am a side sleeper. I did have to get up and sleep in the recliner for a bit that night. The next day I felt like I got beat with a baseball bat, but I was able to move slowly and take a short shower to rinse off. It's the second day now and I'm not gonna lie...I'm still really sore and gravity is not my friend. The pain is kind of like a ran a marathon and then bench pressed 300 lbs without training first. Definitely starting to swell, but not too much bruising that I can see. My pain could be worse since I'm not taking anything but Tylenol. No way I'm taking more Vicodin...I'd rather hurt than puke! I will post photos eventually when I am a little more up to speed. I can see some difference in my contours and it appears as though my "butt shelf" might be gone??? Only time will tell. I will keep you updated!

Fourth day and holy pain, Batman. The swelling is...

Fourth day and holy pain, Batman. The swelling is pretty bad too. I talked to the doctor today and advised him that the Tylenol wasn't making a dent in the pain. not much he can do since prescription pain meds make me so sick. I'm going to have to force myself to go back to work tomorrow, even though drIving hurts like heck and I've got a 45 minute commute. I'm wearing the compression garment to try to keep the swelling down. So ready for some relief!!!
Dr. Bonelli

I am so glad I went to see Dr. Bonelli after seeing another surgeon first in the Tampa area. He did the same proceedure the first surgeon would have done for less than HALF the price. He is just as experienced and actually may even be more experienced. I like that his practice is small and that he doesn't do a million other proceedures on the side, letting him be an expert at the lipo. He spent a lot of time even after hours on my free consultation and talked to me on the phone before the surgery when I had questions as well.

Hey Sonshine, how are you feeling now that it's been a couple of months since your procedure? Are you starting to see results?

Still super sore on my sides and upper back with quite a bit of swelling. Parts of my lower back...since he did my hips and upper buttocks...are kinda numb-ish. The level of pain seems to be getting better. I see a little change in the way my back and sides look. I can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for asking!!!
How are you doing today? Feeling any better?