My Rhinoplasty Story - Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Hello everyone. I have to say this site and all of...

Hello everyone. I have to say this site and all of your stories has gotten me through this entire process so much easier, so I felt that it was only right to share my story with you.

I am currently 4 days post-op as of this morning and it is safe to say I have finally come out of the woods, as far as most of the pain and uncomfortableness goes (except for this pesky tongue bite I did on day 1, which is still bugging me and why I am up at 5am writing this). Throughout this entire process, I found myself extremely nervous because my besides the bump, I basically like my nose. The bump is hereditary and more noticeable from the left side, so my desire to have it removed has grown with time.

Everything kind of lined up very easily for me to choose to do this procedure at this specific time in my life (I am 22, graduating college in a month and planning on moving to NYC), which is why I decided to just bite the bullet and do it four days ago. I know that I am very lucky because I know and deeply trust the plastic surgeon that I used. I have seen his work and it is always great and I knew he would take good care of me which made the whole decision easier, especially that he understood that I want an extremely subtle change (just bump removal).

I definitely fall on the sensitive side and had to come to terms with the fact that I was giving up the bump that both my father and grandma have, which I know sounds corny, but it is something of a bond we shared. I also worried that it I one day have a daughter who inherits the bump, she will look at me and wonder why she didn't get my perfect nose. I wouldn't ever want her to feel insecure. I'm not sure if anyone else things of these things, but they definitely were concerns of mine that I personally had to come to terms with. I had to know that despite these things, this was what I wanted. In the end, I was unhappy with my nose and every time someone would sit on the left side of me, I worried that they were looking at it (I know they weren't, but hey, insecurity is such a b****).

And I did, so here I am, cast and all, waiting for the results. My doctor said everything went perfectly and actually photographed my nose before he put the cast on to show my mom, who said it looked amazing. I can not wait to see the results, although I realize that they will be very subtle and people probably won't realize the difference. It has definitely been uncomfortable, but the pain has not been too bad. Yesterday, I even went out to lunch with a hat and sunglasses on, incognito style! I got through moments where I question my decision and wonder if vanity got the best of me, but what's done is done and the result will be the straight nose that I have always wanted.

I will continue to update on my progress and deeply send my best wishes to all of you considering this procedure. Here are some pics of my own journey!

Sorry for the typos in my first post; i guess...

Sorry for the typos in my first post; i guess that's what I get for posting my story at four in the morning on meds. Just as an update, I am now concluding day 5 post-op and can honestly say that I am feeling pretty good..right now. Bruising and swelling has nearly totally cleared and I find myself pain free on my face. I can smile, yawn, and laugh easily without wincing from discomfort in my nose for the first time. Saw my PS today who said everything is looking perfect under my cast with genuine excitement about the results (the cast is fairly thin and see through). Ugh, I just can't wait to get it off wendsday morning! What's bothering me is the itchiness I am feeling inside of the nostril that he operated from. It may be the dissolvable stitches, but I am dying to scratch. I also found myself getting very exhausted in the middle of the day, in need of a good nap. But that's basically it, as far as issues go. Praying for a good nights sleep tonight. Hope all if going well for everyone else! Night :)

Sorry for the typos in my first post; i guess...

Day 6 and feeling great! Still get minor headaches...

Day 6 and feeling great! Still get minor headaches and feel slightly more fatigued than I normally would, but this is the first morning that I have woke up feeling fully like myself! It was also the first time since surgery that I slept all the way through the night. My swelling is nonexistent and just have a little yellow left under the eyes, which makeup will cover up easily tomorrow when I have to do a presentation at school right after cast removal (not sure if choosing to do this surgery a week and half before finals of my last semester ever in college was the best idea), but hopefully my nose will not look too noticeably worked on to my classmates. I have told a few close friends and family about my surgery, but other than than, I feel that I would rather people I am acquainted with not know (judgement and all). I am not sure if others feel this way also or are more open about it? Depending on the change in the nose, sometimes it is too obvious, but I don't think mine will be so much. People may look at me and wonder why I look better, but based on what my PS said, I don't think that they will be able to pinpoint it. I guess I have to see what it looks like tomorrow, but praying for not too much of a difference. I also model (not why I did the procedure, I learned my angles from a very early age, no clients or photographers have complained about the bump) and just found out I am booked for a shoot next week. I really hope that swelling is not bad and everything comes out okay for that, as well. Eek, tomorrow, tomorrow, just cant wait....Only a day away :)

So exited!!!!! Cast is off and I adore my new nose...

So exited!!!!! Cast is off and I adore my new nose so much already. It's still bruised and swollen, with some stitch marks, but here's the pics right after it was off. I can't begin to say how worth it this was...so happy. I went in there this morning terrified too! I'll put up more pics later when I clean it up and get some hair and makeup on :))) he did exactly what I wanted!

Concluding my big cast removal day, day 7 since...

Concluding my big cast removal day, day 7 since surgery, and wow has it been a great one! I still have slight black eyes and a small bump, which he says is good because it will go down great once swelling stops. If it were already perfectly straight right now, it would concave, but because of your ladies stories I was already prepared for swelling! My skin is not amazing, keeping it super moisturized right now. I also have to keep pressure on my tip throughout the day so it stays straight, i guess the cast threw it slightly off. But all in all, my recovery has gone just so great. I can't believe the change a week can make. More pics to come! Also if I have left anything out that anyone would like to know about the process, let me know :)

Well I guess I am going through something common...

Well I guess I am going through something common in recovery. After the first day that my cast was removed (two days ago) where my nose looked amazing all day, it has kind of swollen back up and appears more shapeless. I just want it to go back to the first day so much!! I'm not sure what I am doing to make it swell up, I know I have to be patient, but I saw how great it can look, so it's a bit frustrating. I was out with some friends last night who were flabbergasted that I had a nose job only 8 days before. They would have never known. Right now, it is definitely looking closer to pre-nose than post and I am still feeling throbbing. It's mainly the front view that's affected. This is definitely quite a process of ups and downs. I'll post some pics too. Also, I feel like I am going to have to learn new makeup techniques now too. I used to Love doing up my makeup, but yesterday it just didn't look or feel right. I liked it much better in the morning when I only had mascara.
Palm Beach Plastic Surgeon

From a friend

You. look. incredible. I love your article because the cost was about where my budget is AND... You look incredible!
looks amazing! how is the progress coming along?
I am about a week behind you in recovering and I am having ALL the same issues that you did in the first week. The day my cast came off it was perfect and I was SO excited and thought I had magically skipped the swelling phase. Now, day 9, my nose is doing the swollen shapeless thing. :/ I also am having a hard time with makeup because what used to look great doesn't anymore...I think it might have something to do with seeing myself for a week with no make up at all so even the smallest bit seems almost overdone. Keep us updated because I am hoping to hear good news from you!
so pretty!! congrats on getting it done :)
It looks great!! You're even more beautiful!!:)
Looks awesome!
holy crap, you look like an actor before and after the picture you ever been on tv?you look amazing
Lay low on sodium high foods, and the swelling won't be as much. Come on now, though, you should have expected a long recovery from reading this website. :) Anyway, I didn't notice the swelling in that one pic you mention it until I read the caption. You think it looks huge, but it doesn't. Don't worry too much because it is going to look fantastic in a couple months. I wish my tip was like your's. It's one of the biggest things I wanted altered, but it's usually a hit or miss unlike simple bump removal. So you'll be fine! I hope mine turns out great and natural looking like your nose.
It is so strange because obviously often doing my research, I was so prepared for swelling! But when it looked so perfect the first day, I thought I somehow avoided it. Lol it's already going down a lot again and can't wait to see the final result. Good luck on yours, I'm sure it will turn out great. You are beautiful :))
Yeah that is totally common but the nose right after was amazing. Did you just have the bump removed? You look amazing! :)
Thanks! Yea, I did just have the bump remove, but they did have to do a small fracture so that it would not get too wide from the rasping! :)
I think it looks so good! Drink plenty of water and eat very little salt. At least that's what I keep hearing to help with swelling...I've even hear pineapple helps too.
"I have even heard" Not "I've even hear"haha sorry I had to correct myself....I was too annoying to read that way.
Lol please, my spelling has been all over the place lol thanks for the advice! I actually heard the same thing about pineapple and have been eating tons of it!!
Wow it looks soooo good! Even with the swelling, you look beautiful. I wouldn't have even noticed swelling unless you said so. It's only been 9 days so imagine in 2 weeks what it will be like! Congrats!! I hope my surgery comes out as successful as yours.
Thanks!!! I know, I am dying to hit the 2 week mark, where I hear everything really goes down! Just have to be patient! I'm sure yours will go great, good luck :))
Looked great before and even better after. Congrats on a succesful surgery!
Thank you! :)
Wow you are gorgeous and even more so now with your new nose! Glad you have had a wonderful experience! :)
Aww, thanks girl :)!
Everyone must see their own swelling because I just don't see yours. It looks great still. They say a high sodium intake will make one swell up especially around surgery sites up to weeks after the procedure. Maybe chips n salsa (at a restaurant) or some canned soups may be some foods to avoid for a few weeks. But I promise it looks so good:)
Thank you :)) yea, that may be a factor for sure, especially since I was just eating chips and salsa actually! Lol! I'll def try stay away from sodium better
I was just talking to my surgeon about this, I am so worried about walking around for whatever time it takes, with a swollen nose that looks as bad or worse than my original nose. I can't stand the idea of people wanting to see it and thinking the surgery was a mistake. But I'm trying to remind myself that it's the long term results that I am interested in. In my opinion I can't see that much change in your nose and you are truly stunning in every photo you have posted...but I know that it's all about how you feel. Hang in there! You have been so fortunate with an realativly easy recovery thus far, this is just a little bump in the road. Congratulations!!
Thank you for giving me some insight. Exactly, I know these results are for the long term, but it is really difficult going through the insecure process of those knowing that I got it done seeing new nose. I want them to see it looking great, not just okay. Thanks so much for your kind words also...makes me feel a lot better :)
Enjoy your beautiful result!