Significant Improvement for Melasma Sufferer - Palm Beach, FL

I have tried everything. I am 40 yo, suffer from...

I have tried everything. I am 40 yo, suffer from melasma and am of Hispanic descent. I have tried other peels, fraxel, ( which cost thousands and made it worse!), other lasers, bleaching creams, microdermabrasion, and the list goes on and on. The melasma had become so bad that I didn't want to leave the house. I contacted VI and attended a skincare event in Palm beach.

The peel itself was intense. I had the precision plus. I peeled for 5 days. I cannot even tell you that even from one peel I see significant improvement. Dori did suggest I may need more than one which I expected but I didn't expect such improvement from one!! I purchased the appropriate products for after care and its very very important to follow aftercare instruction, wear hat and glasses with serious sunblock etc. I am looking forward to my next peel and will post after that one next month too. Take it from me, I have spent thousands, with little, no improvement or even worsening of my pigmentation. I am finally hopeful I can control my melasma and keep it at bay. FYI, tightening of skin and softening of wrinkles also seen!

Hello everyone, I wanted to update you. I have...

Hello everyone,

I wanted to update you. I have just undergone my 2nd vi peel with Dori, esthetician who's a rep for vi peel and the results are AMAZING !!!!! I have one time area to peel yet on my nose and this peel had me down for about 3 days but well with it!! I have suffered horribly with melasma- this is truly the only thing that works!!!

Hormonal issues keep melasma coming back

Hello
I had some requests on how well the VIP peel results lasted. Over the months I have come to understand that my underlying hormonal issues are bringing back the melasma. Until that is fixed it continues to come back no matter what I do. It's very upsetting but Im working to correct the hormonal issues as well as I can. For me it's an internal issue. My best recommendations if you have hormonal issues are a chemical free physical sunblock like suntregrity brand or elta md or any others you find on the EWG website and a hat. Light peels can help keep it at bay and HQ plus retin a if you can tolerate it from your doc. Don't over stress skin it can make it worse.

Good luck!
Dori

Let me just say the customer service is OUTSTANDING!! The representative of the product in my area, Dori, was so incredibly knowledgable- she took the absolute best care of me and suggested my treatment plan. After i met her at the skincare event she asked me to be a skin model due to my pigmentation issues and she peeled me herself. She was available to speak to even during my recovery from the peel. Talk about top notch people and service!

I love this peel so much I can't even tell you. My skin looks amazing in every way thanks to it. I get compliments everyday. I bought it (after getting it done once and seeing how simple and easy it is) at www.agingagelessly.com It was half the cost and so easy (comes with directions). It was great to be able to do it on myself at my home on my schedule and they are super fast answering any emails if you have any questions
wow!! de verdad no luces de 40 te vez super joven, y recuerda que eres bella, quierete y aceptate reyna que lo demas vendra solito... Y de verdad te dio resultado te ves radiante, me da mucho gusto porque se que eso te ayudo a recuperar a tu verdadero ser.. Bendiciones y espero sigas mejorando hasta lograr tu aspecto deseado... :)
Is 40 y/o a typo?? You DO NOT look 40, you look great honey! I'm glad you liked the results. I've been afraid to try the peel, but your results are great, I think I can do it now! :)
Hi cgarcia9! I don't know if you still check in with this site but I just wanted to tell You that your pics look AMAZING!! I am very jealous :( I have red acne marks throughout my face and they are hard even to conceal with make up. On top of having had bad acne, I'm extremely oily, and my makeup/concealer /foundation doesn't last and by mid day my face looks horrible, riddled w/ marks. The skin every girl dreams of, NOT! I'm not giving up though, I've had about 6 Jessner's peels layered with TCA about 2 years ago for the same problem. Which i saw a drastic improvement. This time, when I heard about the wonderful things the VI peel could do in less treatments, I booked my appt right away. Well, I'm on day 7 post VI Acne Peel and I must say, I don't see any improvement :( I wasn't expecting a mirical but there where soooo many great reviews and pictures about this peel, I was just really hoping to see an improvement. My dr says give it time, my skin is still healing and not everyone will react the same to having it done and unfortunately I may need a few more. Sorry for rambling on, I just thought I'd let you know how great your results were, and I'm sorry it keeps coming back. Keep at it and hopefully you'll find the skin you've always wanted :)
Hello Palm Beach Gal, I have the same issues as you do and am currently fixing my hormonal issues as well. I have had 2 vi peel and have noted a significant improvement. In addition, I am using Clinicians complex bleaching cream, 6 percent hydroqionone and seems to be doing the trick. I also do a light home peel once a week at home. Lots of work, but better than having the "brown mask". I look forward to my 3rd vi peel and wish you the best!
Hello, I wanted to check in and find out if the results from your VI Peel are still the same or if the melasma has come back. Also, could you let me know what your aftercare regiment was and has been. I have a peel scheduled for later this month. Thanks!
Hi, you're wise to check it out. I had a good result from the VIP But it was temporary. I have since then over the last few months had my bloods drawn and my doctor has been helping me. I have a special case in that I have a very difficult case of perimenopause. My doctors aren't even sure how to interpret my labs. So I have come to realize that until my hormones regulate, there is little for me to do about melasma. It seems to always come back. The issue is internal for me. I would say if you have epidermal melasma you could have a good result but mine is now very deep bc of my hormonal fluctuations. The VIP really helped as I say but it was back after one month. Then I had another peel and it helped but came back again. I wish you the very best. I know how debilitating it is to have melasma. Yet I have learned a lot. Use a physical only sunscreen. Chemical sunscreens not only have unhealthy ingredients they don't work as well. I use elta md and suntregrity brand. Don't overdress skin it makes it worse. Good luck!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Thanks so much for posting pictures for us! Would you mind posting a picture without any makeup so we can see your bare face? It would be nice to see how much of a change the peel made without wondering how much is makeup. :)

Glad to hear the peel worked well for you.

Who actually administered the peel for you?

Dori the product rep for the actual company. She is amazing. Will post pics soon
Do you have Dori's contact info? I live in Palm Beach too & suffer from HORRIBLE melasma! Mine is much more severe than yours & no other peels or lasers have helped! I'd love to get more info about Dori! Thank you!!
Hi yes! Her cell is 772-559-7207. She's amazing. I really trust her, she knows what's she's doing! If you have melasma as bad as I do, you will need more than one and the aftercare is super important. I am 10 days out and it hasn't gotten worse which is what has happened to me in the past. Who does the peel is really what matters. She's awesome, good luck you will be in good hands. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

I'm a bit confused why a rep is doing the peels? Do you know why she is opting to do them, as opposed to selling the product to the derms offices who can then determine if the peel is actually appropriate for a patient of not?

Not confusing, how I met the rep and how she came to do a peel on me is stated in my post. I used to be a pharmaceutical rep and the rep's responsibility is to educate the doctors on the correct patient type, skin type etc so she is completely within bounds to use me as model. She is also an excellent reference as to which doctors in the area she can suggest to do the peel for people in the area. If you have any questions you can feel free to call her also. She's wonderful, professional and very kind.
She can do the peels to show med spas, offices how to do the peel. A doctor doesn't typically do this peel - it's usually an esthetician and the reps are highly trained estheticians, nurses, etc. I don't know if she needs more models or what her personal situation is except that she helped me tremendously and she can one way or another help others either by recommending spas or estheticians etc .

Yeah, I guess it just concerns me a little bit since she is a rep that obviously her recommendations won't be completely unbiased. I guess it seems to me it would be preferable for a person to go to a derm's office and have them recommend the appropriate treatment, rather than the opposite.

Hey if she produces great results like CGarcias photo than I'm willing to try her out! Thank you for her phone number, I will be contacting her soon! : )
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-