Perlane review - Seattle, WA

I went to see Dr. Reichel last December because my...

I went to see Dr. Reichel last December because my regular dermatologist was booked until January. She charged $675 for I cc of Perlane in my nasolabial folds, but the Perlane box I saw said 0.2 cc. She injected the product very quickly, did not give me a mirror at the end to see if I was satisfied and left the room right away. One side was more swollen that the other and within TWO DAYS it was all gone. I called several times, they finally gave me a 10 minutes appointment with another dermatologist at the office. She made me wait for ONE HOUR and came to tell me that, since she did not put the product in me, she was not going to correct it unless I pay again the full amount. They promised to call back to make an appointment with Dr. Reichel; It has been a month, no call.

Hi Patricia. First, please let me apologize that we did not get back to you. Unfortunately, I was unaware of the situation. I was away when you came in to see Dr Jacobson. I have spoken to my team and let them know how truly important it is to always inform me if any patient has a concern. Excellent patient care is our goal. As soon as I saw your post, I phoned right away. Thank you for posting your concerns. It is unfortunate that the Perlane seemed to go away after only two days. I remember you telling me this happens with you quite frequently. On the amount of Perlane, it does not come in 0.2cc. We were actually out of the 1cc syringes - so we used a 2cc syringe for you, but only charged you for 1cc (so you got twice the amount). I would love to see you back and try to fix things for you. Sincerely, Dr Reichel

My goodness, from reading your other reviews you've been having a really difficult time with injectables. With all these poor experiences do you feel that perhaps injectables just aren't the right choice for you?

No. I have had three excellent injectors throughout the years and I am very happy with them. Unfortunately two are in Florida -where one of my houses is located- and the other here in Seattle - where I live most of the time. I will post my experiences about them.
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon