I Was So Excited to Finally Get Back my Body after 3 babies.... Overland Park, KS

I am 6 days post op and am having some feelings of...

I am 6 days post op and am having some feelings of regret about the TT part of my Mommy make over. I am very please with the breast lift. And the TT made my stomach very flat and tight. My concern is the placement of the scar. I made it very clear to my PS that I wanted my scar as low as possible. We even discussed the possibility of having to do a vertical cut to get it low into my public area. I told him I was not wanting a vertical cut because I didn't want anything to show above my underwear, but wanted it as low as possible without it. On day 2 when I was able to take off the bandages to shower and saw where the scar placement was, I just cried. I have since tried on underwear and swimsuits to which the scar is above all. I have not seen my PS for my follow up but his nurse is telling me that to wait till the swelling goes down to see where it ends up. I have done enough reading on here to understand that if anything the scar will move up, not down. Her other response was it that there was not much they could do about the scar placement now. REALLY??? I was just wondering if anyone felt the way I do this soon after surgery but ended up with it working out, or did you have to have a scar revision?

Gonna be patient

I am 8 days po got out the drain today and feel like a new person today!!! I just left my ps and he was in agreement that the incision was high but he explained that I did not have enough skin to take it any lower without a vertical incision. I had lost down to 124 lbs before the surgery. He says wait until the swelling goes down and if I am still not happy, as soon as he is able, he will do another procedure to move it down! I totally trust him so i will just be patient! Not much else I can do at this point. I am very pleased with the breast lift and lipo he did to give me a waist again. Let me know if anyone finds a cute bikini that the bottoms come to my belly button:) Now to wait patiently for all the swelling to disappear!!!!!!!

Almost three weeks po and doing good!!

Tomorrow will be three weeks po. I am feeling pretty well. Probably trying to do too much though! Yesterday started having some sharp muscle pain upper and lower. But having the same pangs in my breast as well from the lift. Should I be concerned? I am assuming it is just my nerves coming back to life and feeling all coming back. One nipple has feeling, one does not yet. Hope that can still change! Seems my scar placement is a tad better but still not where it is hidden in anything. Swelling is horrible by end of day with compression garment. Can a compression garment be too tight? Have every seam mark embedded in my body by end of day! I put my binder back on at night as tight as I can get it and swelling usually gone by morning. Go to ps on Thursday but if any of you can help with my questions before then I would appreciate it!

3 weeks post op

My last update should have been titled two weeks post op. The last couple of days have been trying. My breasts have been more painful than right after surgery. My ps says it is my nerves growing back....but i am PMSing also. Would that be causing the painful sensations i am feeling? Or am i overdoing it? (back to laundry, house cleaning, normal activity except trying to limit lifting to 10 lbs or less) I have scabs under each breast at T , which I read on here is fairly common. But read conflicting reviews whether to keep scabs dry, even by sleeping bra less and naked at night to air dry or to keep moist with ointment and cover with non stick pads? Then the whole debate on which ointment, I am so confused. Just want to do the right thing so I can heal as quickly and with least scarring as possible. Which I know is everyone's goal on here. My TT incision is looking and feeling great, I think it has lowered just a bit, but still experiencing swelling through the day. By morning all is good though. How long does this go on? Still wearing spanx during day and compression wrap at night. My ps didn't want to see me this week, which makes me full of questions. Thanks for all your input girls!!

One year later.......

I could not be more pleased with my Mommy Makeover. Time has been good to my TT scar. I was very nervous about it at the time of the surgery, But I love where the placement is. Because it is just at the top of my tan line, it blends in great. I was just told by another Dr I saw this week, it was the best TT scar she had ever seen and she wanted the name of my surgeon. Dr. Cannova is a master at what he does, thank you for giving me my confidence back. I would do it all over again to get these results!!!!
Dr Cannova

Very very pleased with the results of my Mommy Makeover!!! Love that Dr Cannova is such a perfectionist with his work!!

So glad it worked out for you. I have a BA schedule this June and am also contemplating about a mini tummy tuck as I don't have much loose skin, just stretched muscles. My biggest fear though has been the size and placement of the scar. So I can definitely understand your concern...but yours turned out amazing! Your belly looks great and the scar is soo smooth and light! I'm happy things turned around for you:)
great results!
Thanks for posting new pictures!! You have beautiful results!!! I'm going for my MM with Dr Cannova on Friday!!
So happy for you! Good luck and remember it will all be worth it!
How are you doing now and did you like your overall expirence with your ps?
I am very pleased with the experience overall. I go in for a revision in April, but not for my TT scar which I was most unhappy with initially. It it in a perfect location now. I have one dog ear he is going to correct. Would do it all again.......very happy with the results!
Just curious on how everything with your scar is going? Are you still upset with it and are you having a revision?
Tiny waist! Beautiful results so far :0) I'm 8wks PO and still get the zingers. I hope they go away some day... I'm wondering if my CG isn't tight enough! I don't know how we are supposed to know what a proper fit is :0/ happy healing!
Thanks, I needed to hear that! I have never even had a waist before now! Just wish my scar was lower:( Need patience to get where I know I can! You look amazing and so jealous of your working out and drive to run in the 10k. You go girl:) be proud when you cross that finish line!
Thanks!
I have had the same pains here and there...a few days ago I swear I pulled my lower abdomen muscle. However, the next day it didn't hurt. My breasts are still 'sunburn' sore. I don't know how to explain it really, feels like a sunburn UNDER the skin. It's annoying for sure. They actually finally feel a bit better today but still tender. Oh and the CG....I'm with you! Mine digs into my body by the end of day also. Ugh. I also wear my binder at night and when I'm not out in public. I actually like it..it allows me to stand straighter for some reason, might be in my own head though who knows. I don't think they can be too tight from what I've read. I think you are looking fantastic. I'm going to PS tomorrow and will be asking some of these questions also.
Just took a look at your profile, WOW....... you look great! I am so jealous how low your scar is. I wish my ps would have opted to do the T instead of the high scar! Still holding out that he is gonna fix it right in the next year! He said it would be an in office procedure, so I have to think it cannot be too bad. Tell me about coconut water ???
I think you are going to be happily surprised that the scar will move down (at least that's what I have read on here). The incision looks nice and straight also. I like that your PS is willing to revise it though if you aren't happy. I wonder how they will do that? Pull even tighter?? Ugh.
I'm sorry you had to deal with that disappointment. :( I'm hoping everything turns out okay. If you are into the vintage look, there is a website called modcloth.com that has some cute swimsuits with higher waists (because they are a vintage look). Hope everything works out okay! I just had surgery 2 days ago and it is very weird to see your body so different that first time especially! Happy healing!
I have not had mine done yet, but just wanted to give you a little encouragement. I have done soooo much research and was worried about a high scar. I have come across a ton of various reviews that women have stated the scar does drop as you heal. Your belly button looks great and your sooo flat. It looks great and I think if your patient you will be in love :)
Thanks for the encouragement. My ps told me today if I am not happy with it in 6 months he will fix it and make sure I am happy with it. Love him!!! When is yours?
I wrote almost the exact comment and felt the same as you. My Ps did go low- I know where he cut was very low because I had bikini tan lines and he cut below them. The problem is it all pulled up. Mine is about 2 " below my belly button too and it is sits above all of my bikini bottoms and underwear. depending on swelling it seems higher and lower at times. I asked at my last visit and was told to give it a good 6 months to see where it ends up. In the mean time I got some higher waisted bikini bottoms, which I couldn't wear before, but seem to look ok now that my belly is so flat. I'd like to hear from others too. I am 16 days post-op.
I just left my ps and he was in agreement that it was high but he explained that I did not have enough skin to take it any lower without a vertical incision. I had lost down to 124 lbs before the surgery. He says wait until the swelling goes down and if I am not still happy as soon as he is able he will do another procedure to move it down! I guess I will just wait and see. Not much else I can do at this point. Let me know if you find a cute bikini that comes to our belly buttons:). Lol. Good luck to you hopefully it will work out and if not your ps will offer to make it right for you!
I found several online at White House Black Market, the regular bikini bottoms come up high enough(barely). There were a couple of skirt types that are cute and fitted that come up higher. Their suits fit great and free shipping and returns. I've never been able to catalog or online order a swimsuit, usually have to try on dozens, so I was excited with how good they look and fit. (I'm 124# and 5'3.) Would never have worked with my old belly! You should check them out. My Ps told me he couldn't have gone lower on the scar because of the thinness of the skin down below:).
Thanks for the info.... I will take a look! Ironically, we are the same size! ( Anyway that was my presurgery weight, too scared to weigh for awhile) Good luck with the healing process!!!!!
LOL! Me too. Haven't dared to weigh ! I will when I'm able to do something about it and can work out again. For now, no need to get upset. Good luck to you too!
I am 16 days post op also. I can't fit anything because of the swelling!!! Is your swelling down already?
No, just got my drain out yesterday so my swelling is just starting. I am trying to wear a very tight compression garmet as they told me that would help! Not to comfy though:( I hear the swelling can take quite a while to stop! Good luck to you.... Keep me posted as I am about a week behind you !
Honestly, I haven't even attempted to wear regular clothes except for loose fitting dresses and sweatpants. I'm sure I'm too swollen for my jeans or pants. This week I had an issue with my bellybutton too- started to get infected, the PS said it was probably irritated from one of the stitches. it got red and I called and they had me come immediately to the office. I'm back on antibiotics, and the good/ and bad news is he doesn't want me to wear the compression garment at all. Good because it was irritating, bad because the swelling is worse without it. No telling when I'll be able to fit in regular clothes.

So sorry you're disappointed about your incision placement. Things really can move a lot when swelling subsides, so fingers crossed that that's the case for you. Definitely do bring it up to your doctor, even if there's nothing major he can do right now.