Gingival Recession This Early or Poor Approximation - Orlando, FL

Hi, I had 8 anterior eMax veneers placed by a...

Hi, I had 8 anterior eMax veneers placed by a recommended cosmetic dentist after doing extensive research. I previously had trust my family dentist but was completely uneducated and uninformed and as a result, completely unhappy with the results. I had them replaced. I am thrilled with the new results however, as you can see on the attached picture, my right lateral incisor, either I've had gingival recession since having them placed on July 11, 2013 or there wasn't accurate approximation to the margin. I notice some sensitivity and upon really close inspection, the color variation close to the gum line ( a slight more yellowing). As I paid thousands of dollars to have these redone, Im a little bothered as I really had planned to keep these for decades. I practice meticulous dental care. Thanks for the advice.

Rather not say

I would say this is a successful result if you are thrilled with the overall aesthetics of your new smile design. The hairline recession is definitely within normal limits and is of no concern to the overall aesthetics or long term durability of the veneer. I'd recommend that you still have a follow-up with the aesthetic dentist to ensure there is no bonding residue or cement around the margin of the lateral which could be causing minor gum irritation. Otherwise, it appears you have a wonderful result. Good work.
whats ur doc name i would go re do mine over there ?
From what I can see from the photograph the veneers look spectacular. It is normal to get a small amount of recession up near the neck of the tooth and sometimes that happens within a few weeks or months of having the veneers placed. In your case the dentist used a very predictable material and it looks very natural. It is important to realize that this is cosmetic surgery much like any other cosmetic treatment. You are looking very intently and very closely at a very small area. Try to look at it at the same distance as would other people you know. People that undergo other cosmetic surgeries stand in front of a full length mirror at about 3 feet to evaluate results. Do the same with your smile. If you cant see it from the same distance, neither will anyone else. Again, fantastic looking new smile!

Overall, I think they look amazing!

Have you spoke with your dentist about your concerns with the margins not meeting the veneer?

I wonder if just trying a whitening tooth paste would help blend in that little spot that your worried about.