I finally had my jaw surgery done

I would like ask questions to the doctors and...

I would like ask questions to the doctors and members here. I need your opinion. I am going to have an orthognathic surgery as my orthodontist told me to see an oral surgeon. I have been wearing braces for 1 year and 11 months now. I have an under bite and crossed bite. My teeth are all lined up but my bite still bad (well, better than before). I have an appointment this coming Sept. 11th. I don’t know if I need a chin reduction because my friends and family tell me that I have a long face. Also, I am very self-conscious about my cheek; I have a very flat face. Now that I lose some weight, the first thing that my friends notice is my face. When I smile I have a sunken cheek and it seems like my chin is pulling it forward, and it create creases around my mouth. I don’t know if I need a cheek implant or not, I been reading about fat transplant. What do I need to ask when I have my consultation with oral surgeon? If I need some things done in my face (like my cheek or chin) do I need to find an Oral Surgeon as well as Plastic Surgeon? Right now, I will be seeing an Oral and Maxillofacial doctor. But I been researching, there is an oral surgeon/plastic surgeon in my area. I live between Orlando and Daytona, Florida. Is there anybody here who has gone through orthognathic surgery around Orlando or Daytona area? My orthognathic surgery is covered by our insurance, but anything else will be out of pocket. I would appreciate any advice and recommendations.
Thank you.

My surgery was done on the 27th of December. The...

My surgery was done on the 27th of December. The surgery went very well, I am still swollen but I hardly had any pain at all. I stopped taking pain med on the 3rd day, although I don't need it for pain I took to be comfortable and to go to sleep. :) Now, my problem is eating. I am wired shot for 4 weeks, I am only in liquid diet (sucks, bigtime!) I'm living off, apple juice, apple sauce, ensure, smoothies, and soup. :(

My photo update

Latest pic

Latest pic

Eight months later... this is how I look like. ;) I noticed the loose skin under my chin after I have jaw moved 7mm, but that's not a big deal. I like how I look now that before.

Two years after

I am more confident with myself. Now I am working in customer service and I have no problem dealing with people. I can say, my surgery is worth it!
Message me.

My doctor, Scott Wenk did a great job! I will highly recommend him to anyone.