Hyaluronidase Very Effective at Removing Restylane Under Eyes - Orlando, FL

I had Restylane injected under both eyes in...

I had Restylane injected under both eyes in mid-November 2011. The swelling never went down though some days were a bit better. I was disgusted that I had spent $450 to make myself look OLDER and TIRED I went back to my MD injector, and she insisted that it would go down. After 3 weeks, she used ultrasound therapy. It made it WORSE! On January 3, 2012, I saw an opthalmic surgeon who injected hyaluronidase under both eyes. Initially, both eyes swelled up to almost closed but dissipated within 10 minutes. She also gave me a script for prednisone for 5 days. Within 24 hours, my eyes were back to normal and remain that way 3 months later.

Dr. Parbhu

She is very experienced with anything related to eyes and allayed my fears. The hyaluronidase worked great!

I had 'tyndall effec't from juvederm and restylane in eye hollows. It was minir swelling just under the eye bags along with a horrible brown-red-bluish line-looked like coffee cup stains under the eye bag are-horrendous. I lived that way for 3 years-getting more injected and saw 3 plastic surgeons-none of whom knew what it was!!! I went to the 'best' around last month. Immediately he told me it was the filler and 'tyndall' effect and he'd seen it hundreds of times!! They injected hyaluronidase and in 24 hours ALL the swelling and MOST of the brown-red-blue lines were gone-first time in 2-3 years! I can't believe I walked around, bought at least 10 concealers (none worked) and hated looking at myself and NOT ONE doctor knew what it was! I am so happy they are all but gone-don't evenneed concealer-just a touch of a slight partial line under one eye-amazing stuff. LESSON: keep filler away from your eyes or do a small trial 2) ONLY use a filler that can be dissolved-use fat if possible 3) GET THE BEST DOCTOR around-DON"T cheap out-this guy was pricey but it was worth it-won't let ANYONE touch my face other than him from now on...
It is like the border between wear the filler ends, and where your own flesh is, is where the bluish discoloration line from the tyndall effect forms. I have the same thing and I know it is the filler that is still causing it. It can't be a year long bruise like I keep being told by incompetents.
That's it exactly and this blue they talk about can look brown due to the swelling and shadows. The doc I just went to is awesome. He knew immediately and fixed it in 5 minutes...after 2 years of walking around that way. What I can't believe is the docs who are rated so highly not knowing what it was when this last doc said he sees it all the time. You posted a year ago that you were getting hyaluronidase- did that not correct it? There is NO such thing as a year old bruise....
I had a little Hyaluronidase, and then some Radiesse put over it, and it went away, but now it is resurfacing. Not all of the Juvederm was dissolved, so I need to get more Hyaluronidase, and then if that doesn't work get Radiesse put over the area again. I just saw a plastic surgeon who told me it was a bruise, but I think she just doesn't want to get involved with another doctor's mess. I told her no bruise lasts over a year, and she didn't say anything but to go back to the doctor who treated you.
You are probably right-some docs are afraid of patients who have problems even if caused by another doc because of liabilities-go to the best you can find and maybe stay away from all filler for awhile?! best of luck!
The hyaluronidase is 48 hours now and one eye lost more filler than the other so I have a bit of eye hollows back under one eye but not the other: still, it is probably only noticeable to me and I'd rather have uneven eye hollows than the horrible puffing and discoloration under the eyes from filler. I guess I am done with filler ANYWHERE near the eyes- best of luck to you-I know with a GOOD doctor they will fix you up perfectly-also remember that radiesse cannot be removed....also, a good doc will go SLOW with the hyaluronidase-you can always get more but too much can also dissolve your own skin's natural fullness..she put in a TINY amount of it and I'm glad she did-that's all I needed...
I was just wondering if I could get the name of your doctor so I can set up an appointment to get the Hyaluronidase. No doctors in Michigan will treat me. They keep telling me to go back to the doctor who did it to you. I've got the coffee like stains under my right eye and want to have the leftover Juvederm dissolved by someone who knows what they are doing.
Did you get yours from the very first injection? Or the second? I had my eyes done last February with no problems. He goes very deep and places it on the bone. I'm glad there is a solution. Also, I saw you had a facelift. You look incredible…very young and natural! Congratulations!!
Thanks for posting your experience. I have exactly the same problem as you one month after Juverderm under both eyes. The Juvederm also caused numerous wrinkles on and around the raised Juvederm areas. I will be getting Hyaluronidase this week and hope it works for me also. I'm also digusted with the tired, socked in the eyes, look.
dont do it I had it done and it melt my own ha from one side of my face , im so sad now my face is never going to be the same
Dear Barbara8253, I've been gettting several small injections, of the Hyaluronidase, for two months now. A large indention formed below, and around, my right eye as well as a comma shaped blue ring in the indented area after the first round of Hyaluronidase. A plastic surgeon was able fill the indented areas with Radiesse. This immediately took away all the blue discoloration, and also filled in the hollow areas. He balanced it with the left side of my face so it was very close on both sides after the Radiesse. This area was a little away from my actual eye, because Radiesse is not supposed to be used too close to the lower eyelids. You may want to check into this with a plastic surgeon, or even look into fat transfer to fill in the indented areas. I really think a good, experienced, plastic surgeon can use Radiesse, or fat transfer, to help you too. Radiesse is the cheaper, and quicker, way to go and will last up to two years. Don't give up and set up an appointment A.S.A.P.
Sure. Check out his credentials-amazing work and very personable and straight-forward-also teaches. Dr Steven Dayan website is drdayan.com (in Water tower building on Michigan Ave in chicago) Let me know if you make appt so you can use my name...best to you
Thank you so very much for letting me know his name! I appreciate it so much. I would rather drive the four hours instead of going to twenty more doctors who all turn me away and give me stupid answers because they don't want to get involved. Did the really small line ever go away as well? I have all of these brownish blue areas that are really visible in bright light. It originally happened right after Juvederm and I've read over, and over, that both Juvderm, and Restylane, produce this same Tyndall effect. I've had doctors tell me that it is large amounts of undergrowth of hair from my eyebrow under the skin which is so ignorant I can't even believe it. I've also had doctor's tell me that the eye creams I've used caused the stain, but I used the same creams prior with no stains and then immediately after Juvederm all the blue, and brown hues, show up all the time but especially in bright light. I didn't use the creams for two weeks after injections and the discoloration showed up immediately. I noticed it the same evening after injection. I cannot even believe these people are doctors. When they tell me stupidity like that I feel like tearing their heads off, and I'm normally a super calm, nice person. Nothing will mask them, and cover up cream always shows up on my face over these areas. Radiesse masked them for several months, but then they started coming back because I never got enough of the Hyaluronidase in these areas. I got it mostly in my eyelids because they were so swollen for several months. Can I ask you how much he charged to inject the Hyaluronidase into the discolored areas? I would really appreciate knowing about how much I'll have to come up with. I will definitely let you know if I see him to get help and also what happens. God bless you for getting back with me and I hope that you are having a very happy holiday season! - Art
Well, when he removed the old stuff the first time, it all went away-NO lines, puffiness. But of course my eye hollows came back. He wanted to wait at least a week, then went back for more filer in cheeks (have no problem there) and told him I wanted to try again around the eye as I know what an expert he is-the hollows filled beautifully but in 3 days about half of the lines and puffiness I had before came back. they injected just a touch of hyaluronidase again and results are beautiful. NO lines, NO puffiness and luckily, most of the filler stayed-now have SOME hollows but very slight and all the cheek stuff was NOT dissolved-they knew just how much to inject. I LOVE the results. Go see him! Tell them Mari Jo DP recommmended him.....
He is pricey. Charged $180 to remove the filler around eyes. To me, a HUGE bargain. Then filler in cheeks and a bit around eyes was $1600-high, but since I trust him completely and know how good he is, it was worth the extra money- I want no more mistakes on my FACE!
I just read about him being an artist and it sounds like he has compassion as well. I found out I'm a three hour and 35 minute drive and I'm willing to make it to try to end this nightmare. Again, thank you so very much!
I'm just going to go for it because it is more than worth a try to end an over a year nightmare.
I'm going to let him know for sure, and I really feel like I have some hope right now. You don't know how grateful I am that you responded to me! I'm going to let you know what happens and I hope your holiday season is great!
If u look through his website, it is really amazing to see his accomplishments, diplomas, etc. Let me know how it goes! I know you will like him. Happy holidays!
H, please help me. I'm from Australia and I think I'm having the same "coffee stain" thing happening to me. I had juvederm under eyes 6 mnths ago. It was a disaster, caused a lot of bruising (some permanent spots), wrinkles I never had, puffiness, ridges and lines. No amount of concealer or make up could cover this mess. 5 months later I had it dissolved with far too much hyaluronidase. My eyes became so hollow and wrinkly. 1 month after (2 and a half weeks ago) i got restylane to fill the hollows. I think I'm already starting to see the coffee lines re-appear. Could someone please describe again exactly what that is and where they are? Is it like a semi circle that starts near your tear duct and goes all the way down to your upper cheek? Does it look like a gap between ur cheek flesh and eye hollows/bags? Also i feel like 80% of the restylane has dissolved, hollows are back. I can't handle this nightmare anymore and have suicidal thoughts, I feel like I have ruined my face and my life and there's no return. Does anyone know if fat transfer could stain the skin in the same way as the fillers? Someone please help!!
I had the same thoughts, but there is a God and to do something like that over an idiot crook doctor would be the biggest mistake. Resylane, and Juvederm, cause the Tyndall effect. With me, it is a line that is shaped like a comma from below my eyebrow that runs through the middle of my cheek. It is exactly where the filler ends and my real flesh begins. I was told that these areas need to be flooded with Hyaluronidase to get rid of the blue-brown line. Tiny amounts will not penetrate deep enough. and several re-treatments may be necessary. You are supposed to wait at least two weeks inbetween treatments. If there is still any discoloration, I small amount of Radiesse can be used to cover the areas. They say that fat transfer is the very best option for under the eyes and is not supposed to cause the Tyndall effect. I new filler called Beletero soft is not supposed to cause it either and was made for under the eye area. I hope this helps.
You described exactly what I had-exact location and just like pics I've seen of filler problems. Fat is your own so there is no bad reaction but it is more involved procedure. My advice: see the best pl surgeon around. You can call the companies that make juvederm or restylane and ask who their most experienced injectors are in your area or which docs teach injection techniques...if you lived in states, I'd tell you to call my docs office and ask for recommendation...try the filler companies. Any injector should have a phone number if u can't locate one...don't give up ! U just need a very experienced plastic surgeon who excels in fillers ...
I made an appointment for January 21, and I'm also on a cancellation list. They told me he could do the treatment the same day after an initial evaluation. Hopefully, something will come up sooner.
Thank you both very much for replying and for the advise. Could I just make sure I understood marijowin correctly. So to fix your problem you still had restylane put under your eyes but dissolved it in some areas?
I had restylane and juvederm under my eyes injected once a year for 3 years I think and had the coffee stains just as has been described here and a touch of swelling for 2.5 years. I went to 3 other docs- no one knew what it was. For some reason, I decided to go to Dr Dayan this time for my yearly injections (I didn't know it was the FILLER that was causing it). He knew immediately and injected hyaluronidase (quite a bit I guess) under my eyes. In 48 hrs ALL the 'staining' and puffiness was gone-most in 24 hours-I looked great. A week or so later I went back for cheek and nasolabial filler, after all had settled. I asked him to try the thin version of juvederm (forget the name) in my eye hollows again thinking he is such an expert on technique, maybe it would work. He warned me but did a little anyway. About 1/3 to 1/4 of the puffiness and dark lines I had the first time for years came back. Much fainter but still noticeable-I went back in right away and his assistant, also well trained (he was in surgery) injected a very tiny amount (like 1/10 of what I had the first time) of hyaluronidase. All the swelling and discoloration were gone in 24 hours and most of the filler remained. (all cheek filler stayed-lost some filler under eyes but hollows still about 3/4 filled. This is why they are experts: they know just how much to use-Dr Dyan warned me about trying the eyes again but I tried it anyway-I can never have filler under my eyes again-just too much risk. He said he would only do fat..that is way more involved. I LOVE my look but if I had to do it t over, I would have not asked him to put it under my eyes again after the hyaluronidase-it turned out well but I got lucky. Still, I had to go through having 'tyndall' twice...and dissolving it twice-too much trauma!