Eyelids, Face and Neck Lift Surgery - Orlando FL

I had an upper and lower eyelid on September 26...

I had an upper and lower eyelid on September 26 2012. Two weeks later I went for a face and chin lift. My plans were just to have my eyes and chin done, but because Ii had some bags below my under eyelid, I decided to go through the whole process of a facelift. My PS told me he was going to be able to removed them. Terrible mistake! I still have the bags, hanging chin and jowls and a big hollow forming on my mid face. Later on I found out that this bags are called Malar bags and can't be removed through a facelift.

It's been two months already since my facelift and...

It's been two months already since my facelift and I still don't see any changes. I still have my hanging jowls, my chin is wrinkle and I still have bags under my eyes. The only thing I have new which I didn't have before the facelift, is a hollow on both sides of my mid face which I think was created as the PS stretched my skin so much on that area. I've also noticed that the scars are very thick and noticeable. I guess I will never be able to put my hair up any more, because besides the scars, I've noticed also that my ears got longer, like if they have been stretched down. I will like to know if is normal after two months not to see any favorable results. I get very disappointed and anxious as the days goes by. I cry in regret, I should have never done anything on my face. I should have stayed the way I was at least i didn't have this scars all around my ears which are very painful still and the hollow on both side of my mid face.
Maria7500

Its been over four months already since my face...

Its been over four months already since my face and chin lift and I'm still having issues. My jowl are still hanging and my chin is wrinkle. I went to see the PS for a follow up visit and I told him I wasn't happy with the results and he told me that he did his best. That I looked worst before the surgery, referring to the bags under my lower eyelids. which later I found out they were Malar Bags and can not be corrected. Before the procedure I didn't know this. I also told him about the hollow that I have in my mid face, and he told that my face was like that. Of course this its not true. but he doesn't want to admit he did a bad job. As for my chin which looks very wrinkle, he told me that he might do a revision, but he was not sure of the results, because I may ended up getting the same problem. To add more issues, after my last visit, I noticed that I was getting a couple of lumps in my face, near my ear. They are inside my skin. They are hard to see, but when I touch them, they are kind of soft and they move. I called him right away, because I started to get very concern and scare. First of all, they didn't want to get my call. The receptionist put me on hold twice and then they said they were going to call me back. They called me next day to tell me that they were not sure of what these lumps could be, but to wait for my next appointment which is in another month. The nurse told me that the doctor had said that if after a month, these lumps were still there, he was going to inject cortisone on the lumps. I am very worry and honestly, I don't trust my doctor any more. I've noticed that he gets upset every time I mention any of my issues or concerns to him. He was a complete different person before the surgery. Now he doesn't care about anything I tell him. Please, Can any one help me and let me know if these lumps I have in my face, inside my skin are normal and if they are part of the healing process.
Maria

Almost six months since my chin ad face lift and...

Almost six months since my chin ad face lift and I'm still having issues with the results. The scars on my ears are still very thick, red and noticeable. The PS has already injected esteroids three times on each side with no positive results. My chin is wrinkle and everytime I refer my issues and concerns to my doctor, he says that I need to keep waiting. Waiting fot what? I don't want him to keep injecting esteroids on the scars anymore. I'm scared that this might have side effects later on. I don't think that my sagged and wrinkle chin is going to get any better. Also these lumps I started to get two months ago on the side of my face, are making me very anxious. The doctor said, they may go away with time. I hope they will go away. I feel very frustrated and sad. I wish I had never had this surgery.
Maria 7500

Searching online

Why would you talk post about terrible experience with Doctor in Orlando and not post his name, didn't do anyone any good trying to decide on a Dr.
I am so sorry you had a bad experience. Your experience sounds like mine and to tell you the truth I think we had a very similar doctor. Your ratings are the same I will give my doctor. I am also in Orlando, Florida. Although my doctor is a ophthalmologist and cosmetic surgeon, he does not do facelifts it sounds so familiar. My surgery is a nightmare also.

I'm sorry this has been so rough on you. Thank you for the updates!

If you look on the web he says he is Board Certified twice in Plassticf Surgery, However the AMA doesn't even have a lic. no. for him
Was this "doctor" even board certified? So sorry for you. I wish you the best and hope you can get another doctor to correct things for you.
Wow, so sorry for you. The thing you have with your ears is called "pixie ears". This usually happens when the surgeon does not know what he is doing...and having read the rest of your letter; I don't think he did. Incidentally the pixie ears can be corrected but I would go to another board certified surgeon. Good Luck.
Hello Hunt, thank you for your comment. Havd you had any personal experience with pixie ears? You mentined that this can be corrected. How is the prcedure. I know I can go to another Boaed Certified Surgeon, but I would like to hear directly from someone who has already gone through this . Thank you, Maria 7500
I also have had several lumps on my face and my doctor told me they were normal. Part of healing. you might feel better if you see another ps for a second opinion. you deserve to feel good.
By the way, I forgot to mention in my comment above, that the scars around my ears, front and behind, are still very thick and he has already injected steroids twice. These steroids injections, doesn't seem to be working, because the scars are very thick and red. actually, they thicker, like swollen after he injects the steroid. Is it okay for him to keep putting this steroids injections on the scars? Rae they going to get any better after the injections? Please some one, help on this one too. Thank you, Maria
I am very sorry for all the misspelling on my above comments. I feel so frustrated and disappointed and every time I have to write about the issues I'm having after my surgery, I can't avoid to cry while writing these comments. Thank you, Maria
Steroids have a lot of serious side effects -- most good surgeons won't even do them unless there's a really compelling reason. I certainly wouldn't get multiple shots. Is the surgeon giving you the shots the same one who did the surgery?
I don't think it's uncommon to inject steroids into scars or lumps after plastic surgery.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am sure southern california has the best plastic surgeons. That's Hollywood thiis is why they all look so good. iris43394
I jad a facelift. uper and lower lids, forhead lift jowls done, etc all at one time the dr. knew my history of diabetis and I am still suffering after one and half years of tightnedd in my forhead and numbness in my foehead and head. my eyes hurt and hve become sensitive to outside light. He says he can't help me. He also put fat in my cheeks and scraped my nose at one time after I ha cancer and I ahve diabetis. I had to have a shot of insulin. I don't know what to do to get this tigtness away I have gone to many doctors and given tranquilizers. nothing has helped. Ca you help me?
Sorry about the spelling. My name is Iris and I would love to find a Dr. that can help me Iris
I'm sorry to know the issues you're having after your facelift. Have you tried going to other plastic surgeons for second opinions? After all your facelift was done a year and a half ago. I strongly suggest you to go and see different plastic surgeons to find out if something can be done. I wish you the very best of luck! Maria 7500
I have had a similar experience. But I have no diabetes or health problems. I am going to my surgeon next month and say either get to the bottom of this or refer me to a specialist who can help. I have heard ultrasound can help break up scar tissue if that is the problem. I am taking .25 m of Xanax and its not helping.
Fiona12 thanks for your answer. A doctor answered me and told me to go to an opthamalogist and a neuroplastic surgeon. I am going to the second one in Bascom Palmer on the 18th of this monthiris43394-constant pain
Finding your post was very important to me. I am having the same experience. My type 1.5 diabetes discovered after my necklift. It is now one yr later, numbness, tightness, tingling worse. I never had very high blood sugars and got them under control very quickly. Am desperate from these parenthesis sensations on my neck and elsewhere. How can we correspond ? You are the first person I know who has had this problem.
I don't know whether to give my phone number here. Do hope you see this post.

Helen, you can use RealSelf's personal messaging system if you'd like to exchange personal info. Just click on the member's name you'd like to PM and when you land on their profile page, click the gray box in the top right that will open up a message template. Hope this helps!

I just saw your post from 7 months ago. I have never tried the personal messaging system. We could try that. I too am looking for some one who is going through what I a experiencing. I would like to talk to you. What state are you from? I am in sw New York State.
Fiona, I'm not Helen. Am LF on this site. I, too, have responded to Helen's post, but never heard back. My situation is just like hers. Would very much like to talk. How can we do that? It has been pretty difficult, especially with noone who has gone through it to discuss.
Oh, I live in California, near San Francisco.