Exactly the Change in Body Shape I Was Looking For! - Orlando, FL

Although I have always had a small waist, I have...

Although I have always had a small waist, I have always carried a bulk of fat around my hips, thighs and lower abdomen. In the hopes of having a more attractive silhouette, I got liposuction by another surgeon on my hips, inner and outer thighs but the results were not as dramatic as I would have hoped. I then went to consult with Dr. S about what my options were. I explained to him what I was hoping to achieve - I wanted a flat stomach and I wanted my butt to look curvy and round. He explained to me that with a Brazilian Butt Lift, the fat would be taken out of the areas on my body with excess fat and then transfered to my butt.

On the day of my surgery, as Dr. S outlined the areas of my body where fat would be drawn. I received liposuction on my hips, outer thighs, knees, lower and mid back, my waist and my entire stomach. I remember him saying while he was drawing on me that that his goal was "to make me look as good as possible from every angle".....and he wasn't kidding!

I am now 4 weeks post-op and I can honestly say that this surgery has completely changed my silhouette for the better and I am extremely pleased with the results. It should be said however that this was not an easy surgery. I have undergone surgeries in the past (breast lift, breast augmentation and liposuction) and this was definitely the most painful.

If you are considering undergoing this type of surgery, plan to do it during a time where you will not have any major obligations for the first 1-2 weeks post op. Also bear in mind that you cannot sit, lay or put any pressure on your butt. I was in a lot of pain for the first week but I stopped taking pain medication after only 3 days. After that, the pain was bearable but I was still uncomfortable, swollen and relatively incapacitated for a little while. You must also wear a garment 24 hours a day for 4 weeks.

While this surgery definitely requires some planning and some sacrifice, it is well worth it if you are seriously looking for a change in your overall shape. I have no regrets and having this surgery was one of the best things I could have done for myself! My waist is tiny, my stomach is flat, my back is arched and my butt is big, round and smooth. Also, all of the incisions are virtually gone after only four weeks.

I would be happy to answer any questions regarding this procedure that anyone has and I highly recommend consulting with Dr. S to anyone who has been thinking about having this done!

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. S truly makes an effort to understand your personal aesthetic goals and is truly and artist! He has a very warm and welcoming disposition and addressed all of my concerns.

;- 0 pics pics pics
can you put up pictures of the after and before.. and around how much was the cost?
pics? pleeeeeeeez?
I am researching Dr. Soto and was wondering if you could sent me your before and after photos? Also, how much of the fat transfer took? I read they overfill and some of the fat will be absorbed, just wondering how long that takes to happen and how much the butt will go down in size. Thanks!
PICTURES PLEASE!
Just out of curiosity, did Dr. Soto centrifuge the fat? Or did he inject it straight in? Just wondering if it makes a difference...
Hi jade I know it has been a while since u received yr surgery but all of us ladies would live to see ur pre , post op and now pix ppppppllllllleeeeeaaasseeee :) message me if u don't want to post them and maybe u could send them to me privately? It would be greatly appreciated !!
Hey jade im a student too, i have class three days out of 5. I thought maybe 3 weeks would be enough before I can do the towel under the thighs and behind the back trick, I was going to use a rolled up yoga mat, boppy pillow type technique, but can you let me know, do you think I should take 4 weeks off tthan I can at least sit for an hour in a two hour class? I guess I would leave half way and get the notes from a trusted friend. Usually i have two classes a day like that, so probably after 4 weeks it would be 6 hours of sitting split up in 3 days every week..

And another question... What do you mean kneel on a chair? Also, do you think the amount of fat injected in the butt makes a difference in the extent of the pain I will feel after surgery? Im only 5'6 average height and 125 pounds and allllll my fat is in my lower abdomen, sides of my waist and love handles on my lower back. Kind of like an apple body, with skinny legs and no ass.

Help me out woman! And post pics omg congrats!!!!!!!! You are my role model!! lol
I am trying to decide between Dr. Markmann and Dr. Soto. I would have to travel for both as I've decided I am not satisfied with the doctors in IL. It would probably be cheaper to come to Orlando..... Does anyone know how Dr.Soto handles out of state patients.

Jade can you send me photos? ty!

HI jade just curious on your results i had a consult with dr soto he was great but i went with dr mendieta, did your butt come down alot at about a month time and regained its shape and fullness after 2-3 months
good advice from the dr. who said he wouldnt do both...dont!!!...i had a BR and Lift done and believe me...you need to give it separate attention and time as that procedure actually involves cutting and open wounds...very very important...you would be a mess if you did both...take it from me...yes keep us posted!
All the responses are very interesting and Jade congrats on your fab results. Your doctor sounds great andI wish I knew someone in Orlando so that I could travel there for surgery. I am seeking a BBL and a Breast reduction. So far I've gotten 3 consults done. I have appointments for two more. Consult #1 was the least expensive but then I found out that he had some negative reveiws. He was out of Indiana and wanted 12000. Consult #2 was out of Chicago and wanted 14,350 for both but then I found out that he also had some unhappy patients. Consult #3 is also out of chicago and wants 17k for both. However, I really like this guy because he was the first to say that he would not do both surgeries at the same time. He also said he would add 1000 CC's to each cheek big cuz he likes as he called it " a big butt". He was quite funny in his description. I was wondering how I would sleep if I got breast and butt done at the same time but I think the other docs were just trying to save me money in anesthesia and facility fees. However once the procedures were done I would probably have to sleep leaned against a wall which is nuts. Jade your feedback was so great because I have a desk job so I will really have to plan for issue of sitting most of the day. I hear there are special pillows that you can purchase that makes it easier but how exactly do you explain that to your co-workers. Luckily I also have the the option to work from home and may have to do that a couple of days a week during that time. I have two more consults scheduled before I make a final decision. I'd like to have surgery in mid to late April. Good Luck to everyone else and I will keep you posted on my results.
hi skittles723..i wanted to know how can the dr. tell you how much he will inject in each cheek when he doesnt even know how much will be able to be grafted? that doesnt sound right...
dr. soto doesn't reccomend doing both at one time, i mean how can you really though? with the BBB you have to sleep on your stomach, even sleeping on your sides mite mess up the grafting...then if you get your breasts done you would have to sleep on ur back...some docs would do anything for money...
Hi Tweety, he based the 1000 CCs on my current weight and the number of donor sites i haave. He could probably get more out of me than that..... tsk tsk.
I know that it was all just a ploy to do both surgeries and make me think I'm getting a deal. However, I can't imagine trying to recover from both at one time. Ive decided to put my surgery off until October because I can't imagine being in that garment as it begans to warm up outside. I would rather be stuck wearing it in the winter months.
Hi rleiva01...congrats!!!! how did things go and do give us the status?...lol
I am five weeks post op and everything is well, dr mendieta is a great doctor with a lot of vision and skills. My shape dramatically changed and my butt looks good. Honestly though my butt was alot larger 2 weeks ago but im still hoping that it will regain its size but either way i am happy. Pain was not as bad as i expected overall recovery is was not to bad for me.
yea i heard that its always bigger at first because of the swelling and stuff...then your body reabsorbes some of the fat, i think 15-20%...
Hi girls i also had a bbl on january 2011 but with dr Mendieta in miami. He is a great surgeon any questions let me know.
HOW MUCH DOES HE CHARGE?
Hi Chanel...who is your question directed to?...
He charged me 10,000 but i believe his normal is 14,000
Dr. Mendieta Charges $10,000?