Best Thing I Have Ever Done to Improve That Tired Look.

I looked tired all the time and had to work at...

I looked tired all the time and had to work at keeping my eyes open. My eyelids felt heavy and I was having difficulty looking alert when conversing with others socially and professionally. I always looked tired.

My doctor recommended surgery to my upper eyelids. The procedure was relatively painless and I could feel and see the results the following day.  My eyes looked bigger and I no longer had to wrinkle my forehead to keep my eyes open.

It has been almost two years since this surgery and I continue to marvel at how happy it has made me.

Orlando Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Soto and his staff are the best. Dr. Soto takes the time to listen to what you want to accomplish and carefully explains his recommendations. I strongly recommend Dr. Soto performing this procedure on anyone who has that tired look due to droopy eyelids.

I had my procedure 6 days ago. My doctor suggested ice pads but not heat. Did heated washcloths help with the healing? I'm still a little sore and itchy - but still using ice three or four times a day for swelling.
He did. I microwaved a damp cloth, but it seemed to cool off too quickly. I then used a damp cloth with a heating pad over my eyes, I realized the dampness probably didn't help, so I just used a dry washcloth with the heat. Seems to clear up the bruising quickly. I am now on day 14 (2 weeks since surgery) and only have a slight bruising on my right eye, maybe a forth of an inch? Did you take bromelain to help the swelling and bruising? I also stopped taking vitamin E and other blood thinners, with only Tylenol for (pre-surgery)pain. Now I'm off all his meds, back on my vitamins. Let me know if the heat helps.
I tried the heat once, but prefer the cooling effect of the ice pack. I have no bruising at this time (day 10), but the incision under my eyes is still pretty red - and I'm still puffy (mostly in the morning). I'm trying to be patient regarding the outcome, but I don't think he took enough. Anyone else feel this way?
Thanks for the uplifting (no pun intended!) story! I just had the surgery 10 days ago and have been amazed on how painless the procedure was, and how quickly I am healing. The bruising and swelling is gone from one eye, and I figure the other eye will be the same in 2-3 days. Putting frozen bags of peas on my eyes for 2-3 days helped, followed by 2-3 days of heated washcloths. Thanks for sharing!

I'm glad you were able to get this done! Looking tired is never a good thing. It's great that you could see results the next day, too! Yay for instant gratification!

Thanks so much for sharing here on RealSelf.