Neck Lift...Best Money Ever Spent - Orange County, CA

I have used RealSelf as a resource for 2 years and...

I have used RealSelf as a resource for 2 years and wanted to contribute something to the site since it's been so useful for me.

I had a neck lift this Tuesday and within 2 days I am close to completely recovered. I opted for local anesthesia (even though it sounds crazy) but it was a piece of cake. I've had lipo and 3 breast augmentations in the past and all of them wiped me out for weeks (I have a very low threshold for pain...it's pathetic). BUT this neck lift was super easy, very little pain, and have been able to function since the day after surgery (woohoo on not having to have someone take care of me).... I will keep this updated and upload some pictures soon. The results are awesome.

first day post op

day 5 post op

The stitches in my chin are almost completely dissolved but the ones behind my ears are still there. I started bruising behind my ears yesterday and today it looks a little darker. The swelling below my ears is almost gone. I only wore the compression garment for half of the day, washed my hair (the stitches don't burn or hurt in the shower). My doctor recommended baby shampoo until the wounds heal.

first day post op photo

Orange County Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hi waiting for after pics i was just wondering how old are u
Thanks for sharing
Thank you for your review. Hope to see updates :)
I had my lower eyelids done several years ago and just with local anestesia. It was a really easy procedure and no pain involved. Glad you had such a good experience with your neck. I am thinking of having my neck done now.
I looked into Ulthera and Thermage before deciding on the NL. I am glad I did. I don't see good results from Ulthera/Thermage, not long term especially.
Thanks for the info. I've heard good things about this surgeon, but i always thought he was too expensive. Your procedure is something to consider.
Did having a local anesthetic contribute to the overall lower cost of the surgery?
I think so. My past surgeries included anesthesiologist and operating room fees around $2000 to $2500.
Did having a local anesthetic for surgery contribute to the overall lower cost?
Wow, you are brave! Thanks so much for sharing and I look forward to seeing your photos.
The doctor had me take 1mg Xanax and a Soma then he did numbing injections. I hate going under general anesthesia. I lose a ton of hair from it.