2/11/11 Mommy Makeover - Orange County, CA

I am scheduled for my Mommy Makeover surgery on...

I am scheduled for my Mommy Makeover surgery on Friday, February 11th, 2011. I will have an extended tummy tuck, lipo of abdomen, Breast Lift with Lollipop/Inverted T-with Augmentation of Saline implants. I look forward to learning all that I can from the women on this forum/site who have already gone through this surgery. In turn, I plan to document everything so I can help others who are thinking about or are already scheduled for a Mommy Makeover. I really hope to form a good support system!

About me: I am 47 years old and have 2 sons, ages 21 and 24, and I am divorced. I am 5'3 and wear a size 12. I lost 30 pounds over the past year and dropped 2 pant sizes. I am working on firming up my legs and arms.

My pre-op appointment is February 1st. I will have my before surgery pictures taken. Yikes. I will put a positive spin on this though... I hope to have a nice tan in the pictures since I am going on a Carribean cruise in January. In reality, I know the post-op pictures will have a smaller belly and the "girls" will be pointing east/west not south! :)

If anyone has any questions for me, please know that I am an open book, very honest and will answer anything you ask!

Happy New Year everyone!

Hi Beachgal
This is a great site to support you through this journey. I'm 4-1/2 weeks post op from TT and Lipo of hips, thighs, flanks. No boobs though so can't help with that topic.

I'm in san clemente. It's nice to have some California girls on the site...all my other cyber friends are in the Midwest, buried in snow!

Thanks so much for posting here on RealSelf! We love honesty and open books like you! It helps so much with other's journeys.

I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts. Have fun on your cruise!

(Oh, and if you get a chance, check out JenBob's 10 Things I Wish I'd Known Before My Mommy Makeover)

I am curious about the 2nd stage binder. Which...

I am curious about the 2nd stage binder. Which brand of abdominal binder did you get? I want to buy 2 so I can have a spare when I need to wash the other! I am also curious about the support bra. Did you just wear a sport bra? I would think it would be hard to buy this pre-op since I truly don't know what size my girls will really be with all the swelling.

Thank you all for your advise.

Great meeting you too! Can't wait to see you post-op!

My doc said I'm more swollen than I should be. He stuck a needle in me, but no fluid so I have to wear a binder again. Yuck. I go back in 2 weeks to see if it's gone down more.
Hi Beachgal
I'll be in Newport tomorrow for my PS appointment so I'm planning on stopping by to see you at your work.....probably about 1-ish. Hope to see you!
It was great meeting you! You look awesome!

Hi Everyone! Everything is going well. BF and I...

Hi Everyone! Everything is going well. BF and I went to see PS yesterday, to ensure we are all on the same page as far as my new breasts-to-be are concerned! I have been eating very well and drinking tons of water! I will be on vacation for a week and hope to maintain this healthy eating, although cruise ships are known to have an abundance of food! They even have a Chocolate Buffet for dessert and a Pasta bar during the day! UGH! My pre-op appt. is scheduled for February 1st. I will post my pre-op pictures soon after the appt. Take care everyone!

Hey beach gal, are u getting excited?
Hello Mommy of 4. Thanks for asking how I am. I just returned from the cruise to the Caribbean and now am in full worry mode! I am prepared with all the supplies but am just scared. My pre-op is tomorrow morning so hopefully I will feel better after the appointment. I am meeting another patient of my surgeon's who has had the surgery so I am excited to meet her. She has been a life saver for me. It's nice to have other people rooting for you and thinking of you. How are you doing? You have just a few days left!! How exciting!!I will be following your posts closely :)
Welcome home beachgal! Hope you had a great cruise.
It's natural to be scared, but remember to be excited when you see all the AFTER photos!
I was at Newport FI on Friday but I knew you were gone...I wandered by and you weren't there. My next appointment isn't u till March 18 so you'll be 5 weeks post op by then!
Keep us posted....

Hi Everyone, I went to my pre-op today! Even...

Hi Everyone, I went to my pre-op today! Even though I was very stressed, my patient coordinator made me feel more at ease than I have been in the last 2 months. (I think she is going to have to start handing me a box of Kleenex everytime I come in!) I think the next set of tears that flows will be tears of joy!!!!! I can not believe that I am 10 days away from changing my body for good. It also helped meeting another patient of Dr. Cruise's who had the same surgery done over the past few months. Sure we can look at 100's of pictures online, but to see real live results in person is simply amazing. It gives me hope!

I received all my pre-op information, prescriptions and a goodie bag of supplies for post-op. I also had my pre-op pictures taken. As unpleasant looking as these are, I know in my heart that my next set of pictures taken will be wonderful! I will post the pre-op pictures tonight and will continue to post pictures at 1 week post-op increments. Hopefully we all will see the gradual changes week to week. I can't wait!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Here we go. I have uploaded my pre-op pictures....

Here we go. I have uploaded my pre-op pictures. Scary stuff! I can't wait to be post op!

Me too! Yes, I will be back to work March 1st.

Hopefully, I didn't scare too many people with my...

Hopefully, I didn't scare too many people with my pre-op pictures! I am so excited for my MM next Friday!

Hey beachgal,

I just saw who your Dr is and I am excited for you! I have read a lot of great things about Dr Cruise!

6 more days to go!
Just saw you pics, you will look amazing. I bet your tummy incision will be similar to mine since our folds were in the same place.
I can only hope to look as good as you!!! Enjoy the flatlands! I'll be knocking on the door to the flatlands next Friday!

Hi Everyone! I am less than 4 days away from my...

Hi Everyone! I am less than 4 days away from my surgery. I am so excited. Finally, at 47 years old, I will have a tummy that is not flabby! I will try my best to post on Saturday and let you know how it goes!! Thank you all for your support!

Hope things are going well for you can't wait to see the new you...you'll be ready for the beach in no time:-)
hope things went well.
Good Luck!!! I hope everything went well.

I seem to be feeling better today. However, I am...

I seem to be feeling better today. However, I am itching under my stage 1 garment. It seems to help wearing a tank top under the garment.I went for a post-op visit and the dr. said my "girls" are already starting to fall. So, all is well today!

hi.. iam 2 weeks out of sx.. and doing well.. im glad to hear y are doin so good... yes my girls have drop to amazing what a difference tyhere is every day.. but def love em,,,lol and my tummy is still somewhat swollen but already love the diffrence in that to.. keep us updated.. hope ur doing good:)
Hi Fun in the sun! I also have my surgery date on 2/21. I have my pre-op this wed 2/16. I am so nervous. I hope this week goes by fast!
Believe me, your week will go by fast and you will love your results. I will be posting my 1 week post op pictures on Friday.

Hi Everyone, Yes it has been a full week!...

Hi Everyone,

Yes it has been a full week! Time has gone by pretty quickly. I am feeling better as each day goes by. Here's a synopsis for the week:

I am still bewildered that I don't remember waking up in recovery, been driven home and getting in my bed! It's a bit odd not remembering anything. It is very amusing to hear how I was acting in recovery. I have been told that any time someone would talk to me when I was waking up, I would smile and say hi.

My throat was very sore for the first few days (from the breathing tube). BF kept giving me popsicles, however, since I was so medicated, I wasn't able to find my mouth and the popsicle would go on my nose!

Pain has not been a real big issue. My breasts never hurt or felt uncomfortable. My incision on my tummy plus stomach muscles have been sore, but nothing really bad. It was uncomfortable getting off the couch, or bed. What made it easier was having someone push my back to help me up.

My drain has been my biggest problem. It is just uncomfortable. The drain and I have good days and bad days together! I was told to get Neosporene with pain relief. I might get my my drain removed on Monday. I'm in no hurry since I would rather have the drainage come out that stay inside me.

Pain pills: For the first 4 days, I religiously took my Vicodin. However, Vicodin can sometimes cause constipation. In hindsight, I wish I had taken a stool softener every day so I didn't have the "plumbing issue". Lesson learned!

Appetite: I have had absolutely no appetite. I have been slightly nauseauted every day. Cristin gave me another anti-nausea patch, yesterday, so I feel so much better. I literally have been living on toast, 2 protein shakes/day for the past week. I really need to try to eat more, so my body can heal.

Post op stomach binder. I love wearning my binder. It is a bit of a hassle to keep it tight fitting on my stomach/hip area. The binder keeps moving up. so my BF and I have to readjust it every few hours. I have found that it also aggravates my skin at times, so I have been wearing a tank top under the binder.I most likely will be put in the 2nd stage binder on Monday. YAY!

The Arnica gel: I love the feeling of the Arnica gel on my bruises. It is so soothing!.

Energy level: I had been told to take it easy for the first week. So, I was a good girl and stayed put. :) I do tend to get tired if I walk around too mch. We went to the grocery store this morning, and it really wiped me out.

So, overall, the fist week post-op has been pretty good!

Hi Beachgal!

I'm so glad your doing well! I'm feeling pretty okay, just don't know if I should be waikling straight yet even though I feel like I can. I think it's great that you've been getting out of the house, I think that's what I really need to do. Being in the house is starting to stress me out. My back is getting better but I am also feeling the most pain when I wake up and sleeping has been very hard. I can't wait for my breasts to go down, they are huge and very hard and uncomfortable. My PS said it's because I went under the muscle. I'm definitely going to ask him about the heat packs thanks for the suggestion. Got my drain out and it really doesn't hurt, it's just a little pinch and you may feel a little sore after from the small opening...Keep us posted! Best of luck to you! Talk soon
Hi! Your lookin good! I had my surgery on 2/15 and I'm feeling alot better now. The back pain has been the most pain i've had so far and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be all that i feel. How r u feeling?
Hi Brooklyn,

I feel great! Each day, I feel better and better. I haven't had any real pain, except for when I try to sleep partially on my side. BAD IDEA! I fall asleep just fine, but wake up in terrible pain. Every day, I go out on an outing, just to get a change of scenary. Yesterday, we drove to Ruby's and I had a shake. No, that is not healthy, however, I have absolutely no appetite since surgery. Everyone is saying any calories I take in is better than no calories. Tomorrow, I go to see the dr. and I should be getting my drain out. Hope that doesn't hurt! I also will be put in my 2nd stage compression garment. I can't wait. The binder I have now has 3 panels with velco and bothers my ribs.

As far as your back is concerned, have you tried using one of the heat patches from the store? You probably should ask your dr. first. The patch really helped me. Thanks for checking in on me.

I just returned from my visit to Dr. Cruise's...

I just returned from my visit to Dr. Cruise's office today. My final drain was removed and it was painless! I was so happy! All of my dressings were changed and my doctor said everything looks great. For the next 2 weeks, I need to concentrate on massaging the new implants to help the implants drop. Happily, I was able to start wearing my 2nd stage garment which is so comfortable!

I really feel like I have turned a corner in my recovery. My focus now is to slowly build up my endurance and to eat healthy. Thank you to everyone on RealSelf for all of your support!I will continue to post pictures each week to see the positive changes.

If you are considering having this surgery, please take it from me. The decision to have this surgery is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Photo Update

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm getting bored staying...

I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm getting bored staying home. I am a very active person, however, I know I need to stay put and heal. I feel great. I am just anxious for the my breasts to drop. I feel like they are square!BF and I laugh that I could be Sponge Bob Square pants' sister, Sponge Bob Square Boobs! ROFL! Otherwise, besides my tummy feeling very tight, it feels great. I can wear all of my pre-op clothes plus I have lost 9lbs. YAY!

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Yuck! I have a stitch abscess in my tummy incision...

Yuck! I have a stitch abscess in my tummy incision. It is so gross looking. My doctors office said to put Neosporin on it plus a bandaid.

Otherwise, I am ok. Yesterday, I thought I was going to explode in my CG. Today, I feel less swollen. Every day seems to bring a different feeling.

I am very happy I had this surgery!

Hey girl! Thinking of you! Hope to see an update soon! Hope all is well!
Sounds like were about the same!
Looking good girl! How are you feeling?
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cruise and his staff are very professional. All staff members seem to care about each individual patient. I absolutley love that they have their own message board where all patients can go for quick answers.