2/11/11 Mommy Makeover - Orange County, CA

I am scheduled for my Mommy Makeover surgery on...

I am scheduled for my Mommy Makeover surgery on Friday, February 11th, 2011. I will have an extended tummy tuck, lipo of abdomen, Breast Lift with Lollipop/Inverted T-with Augmentation of Saline implants. I look forward to learning all that I can from the women on this forum/site who have already gone through this surgery. In turn, I plan to document everything so I can help others who are thinking about or are already scheduled for a Mommy Makeover. I really hope to form a good support system!

About me: I am 47 years old and have 2 sons, ages 21 and 24, and I am divorced. I am 5'3 and wear a size 12. I lost 30 pounds over the past year and dropped 2 pant sizes. I am working on firming up my legs and arms.

My pre-op appointment is February 1st. I will have my before surgery pictures taken. Yikes. I will put a positive spin on this though... I hope to have a nice tan in the pictures since I am going on a Carribean cruise in January. In reality, I know the post-op pictures will have a smaller belly and the "girls" will be pointing east/west not south! :)

If anyone has any questions for me, please know that I am an open book, very honest and will answer anything you ask!

Happy New Year everyone!

I am curious about the 2nd stage binder. Which...

I am curious about the 2nd stage binder. Which brand of abdominal binder did you get? I want to buy 2 so I can have a spare when I need to wash the other! I am also curious about the support bra. Did you just wear a sport bra? I would think it would be hard to buy this pre-op since I truly don't know what size my girls will really be with all the swelling.

Thank you all for your advise.

Hi Everyone! Everything is going well. BF and I...

Hi Everyone! Everything is going well. BF and I went to see PS yesterday, to ensure we are all on the same page as far as my new breasts-to-be are concerned! I have been eating very well and drinking tons of water! I will be on vacation for a week and hope to maintain this healthy eating, although cruise ships are known to have an abundance of food! They even have a Chocolate Buffet for dessert and a Pasta bar during the day! UGH! My pre-op appt. is scheduled for February 1st. I will post my pre-op pictures soon after the appt. Take care everyone!

Hi Everyone, I went to my pre-op today! Even...

Hi Everyone, I went to my pre-op today! Even though I was very stressed, my patient coordinator made me feel more at ease than I have been in the last 2 months. (I think she is going to have to start handing me a box of Kleenex everytime I come in!) I think the next set of tears that flows will be tears of joy!!!!! I can not believe that I am 10 days away from changing my body for good. It also helped meeting another patient of Dr. Cruise's who had the same surgery done over the past few months. Sure we can look at 100's of pictures online, but to see real live results in person is simply amazing. It gives me hope!

I received all my pre-op information, prescriptions and a goodie bag of supplies for post-op. I also had my pre-op pictures taken. As unpleasant looking as these are, I know in my heart that my next set of pictures taken will be wonderful! I will post the pre-op pictures tonight and will continue to post pictures at 1 week post-op increments. Hopefully we all will see the gradual changes week to week. I can't wait!

Here we go. I have uploaded my pre-op pictures....

Here we go. I have uploaded my pre-op pictures. Scary stuff! I can't wait to be post op!

Hopefully, I didn't scare too many people with my...

Hopefully, I didn't scare too many people with my pre-op pictures! I am so excited for my MM next Friday!

Hi Everyone! I am less than 4 days away from my...

Hi Everyone! I am less than 4 days away from my surgery. I am so excited. Finally, at 47 years old, I will have a tummy that is not flabby! I will try my best to post on Saturday and let you know how it goes!! Thank you all for your support!

I seem to be feeling better today. However, I am...

I seem to be feeling better today. However, I am itching under my stage 1 garment. It seems to help wearing a tank top under the garment.I went for a post-op visit and the dr. said my "girls" are already starting to fall. So, all is well today!

Hi Everyone, Yes it has been a full week!...

Hi Everyone,

Yes it has been a full week! Time has gone by pretty quickly. I am feeling better as each day goes by. Here's a synopsis for the week:

I am still bewildered that I don't remember waking up in recovery, been driven home and getting in my bed! It's a bit odd not remembering anything. It is very amusing to hear how I was acting in recovery. I have been told that any time someone would talk to me when I was waking up, I would smile and say hi.

My throat was very sore for the first few days (from the breathing tube). BF kept giving me popsicles, however, since I was so medicated, I wasn't able to find my mouth and the popsicle would go on my nose!

Pain has not been a real big issue. My breasts never hurt or felt uncomfortable. My incision on my tummy plus stomach muscles have been sore, but nothing really bad. It was uncomfortable getting off the couch, or bed. What made it easier was having someone push my back to help me up.

My drain has been my biggest problem. It is just uncomfortable. The drain and I have good days and bad days together! I was told to get Neosporene with pain relief. I might get my my drain removed on Monday. I'm in no hurry since I would rather have the drainage come out that stay inside me.

Pain pills: For the first 4 days, I religiously took my Vicodin. However, Vicodin can sometimes cause constipation. In hindsight, I wish I had taken a stool softener every day so I didn't have the "plumbing issue". Lesson learned!

Appetite: I have had absolutely no appetite. I have been slightly nauseauted every day. Cristin gave me another anti-nausea patch, yesterday, so I feel so much better. I literally have been living on toast, 2 protein shakes/day for the past week. I really need to try to eat more, so my body can heal.

Post op stomach binder. I love wearning my binder. It is a bit of a hassle to keep it tight fitting on my stomach/hip area. The binder keeps moving up. so my BF and I have to readjust it every few hours. I have found that it also aggravates my skin at times, so I have been wearing a tank top under the binder.I most likely will be put in the 2nd stage binder on Monday. YAY!

The Arnica gel: I love the feeling of the Arnica gel on my bruises. It is so soothing!.

Energy level: I had been told to take it easy for the first week. So, I was a good girl and stayed put. :) I do tend to get tired if I walk around too mch. We went to the grocery store this morning, and it really wiped me out.

So, overall, the fist week post-op has been pretty good!

I just returned from my visit to Dr. Cruise's...

I just returned from my visit to Dr. Cruise's office today. My final drain was removed and it was painless! I was so happy! All of my dressings were changed and my doctor said everything looks great. For the next 2 weeks, I need to concentrate on massaging the new implants to help the implants drop. Happily, I was able to start wearing my 2nd stage garment which is so comfortable!

I really feel like I have turned a corner in my recovery. My focus now is to slowly build up my endurance and to eat healthy. Thank you to everyone on RealSelf for all of your support!I will continue to post pictures each week to see the positive changes.

If you are considering having this surgery, please take it from me. The decision to have this surgery is the best decision I have ever made in my life.

Photo Update

I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm getting bored staying...

I'm 2 weeks post op. I'm getting bored staying home. I am a very active person, however, I know I need to stay put and heal. I feel great. I am just anxious for the my breasts to drop. I feel like they are square!BF and I laugh that I could be Sponge Bob Square pants' sister, Sponge Bob Square Boobs! ROFL! Otherwise, besides my tummy feeling very tight, it feels great. I can wear all of my pre-op clothes plus I have lost 9lbs. YAY!

Yuck! I have a stitch abscess in my tummy incision...

Yuck! I have a stitch abscess in my tummy incision. It is so gross looking. My doctors office said to put Neosporin on it plus a bandaid.

Otherwise, I am ok. Yesterday, I thought I was going to explode in my CG. Today, I feel less swollen. Every day seems to bring a different feeling.

I am very happy I had this surgery!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Cruise and his staff are very professional. All staff members seem to care about each individual patient. I absolutley love that they have their own message board where all patients can go for quick answers.

Hey girl! Thinking of you! Hope to see an update soon! Hope all is well!
Sounds like were about the same!
Looking good girl! How are you feeling?
I'm ok. I have the stitch abscess which really scared me when I saw it. I still get tired easily. When I get up from a seated position or from laying down, I still hunch over until I get going a few minutes. I have issues with my swelling on some days, but I am getting used to it.

I'm glad to read you are coming along in your recovery nicely.
Hi Beachgal!

I'm so glad your doing well! I'm feeling pretty okay, just don't know if I should be waikling straight yet even though I feel like I can. I think it's great that you've been getting out of the house, I think that's what I really need to do. Being in the house is starting to stress me out. My back is getting better but I am also feeling the most pain when I wake up and sleeping has been very hard. I can't wait for my breasts to go down, they are huge and very hard and uncomfortable. My PS said it's because I went under the muscle. I'm definitely going to ask him about the heat packs thanks for the suggestion. Got my drain out and it really doesn't hurt, it's just a little pinch and you may feel a little sore after from the small opening...Keep us posted! Best of luck to you! Talk soon
Hi! Your lookin good! I had my surgery on 2/15 and I'm feeling alot better now. The back pain has been the most pain i've had so far and i'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be all that i feel. How r u feeling?
Hi Brooklyn,

I feel great! Each day, I feel better and better. I haven't had any real pain, except for when I try to sleep partially on my side. BAD IDEA! I fall asleep just fine, but wake up in terrible pain. Every day, I go out on an outing, just to get a change of scenary. Yesterday, we drove to Ruby's and I had a shake. No, that is not healthy, however, I have absolutely no appetite since surgery. Everyone is saying any calories I take in is better than no calories. Tomorrow, I go to see the dr. and I should be getting my drain out. Hope that doesn't hurt! I also will be put in my 2nd stage compression garment. I can't wait. The binder I have now has 3 panels with velco and bothers my ribs.

As far as your back is concerned, have you tried using one of the heat patches from the store? You probably should ask your dr. first. The patch really helped me. Thanks for checking in on me.
It was great to talk to you yesterday. And now your new pics are up...

You look awesome!! you can already see the nice shape you'll have when the swelling goes down. Hang in there girlfriend....take your pain pills AND stool softeners- rest and walk around the house to straighten up.

I didn't have an appetite for the first 2 weeks which was fine....I lost 10 pounds!

I'm glad you got to the market....my first outing was a walk up the street and I was exhausted....

Take it slow and remember you have time to heal right.

Call me when you feel like it.
Hi Daffy! All is well.

I feel great! Each day, I feel better and better. I haven't had any real pain, except for when I try to sleep partially on my side. BAD IDEA! I fall asleep just fine, but wake up in terrible pain. Yesterday, BF and I drove to Ruby's in Laguna and I had a shake. No, that is not healthy, however, I have absolutely no appetite since surgery. Everyone is saying any calories I take in is better than no calories. Tomorrow, I go to see the dr. and I should be getting my drain out. Hope that doesn't hurt! I also will be put in my 2nd stage compression garment. I can't wait. The binder I have now has 3 panels with velco and bothers my ribs. I hope to be able to wear my yoga pants again. I don't think I am that swollen. I'm going to ask the dr. I put on a scoop neck shirt for the first time this morning. I have to laugh. Let's just say my boobs are filling out the shirt quite nicely. I hope you are having great weekend!
Hey a Ruby's shake sounds really good! don't worry- any food is good at this point. At least you got out into the world. I rmember my first outing was so excitng.
Glad to hear you are feeling better....it does improve bit by bit. But don't get worried if you have a down day. Sometimes you'll be tempted to do more than you should when you feel good and then the next day you'll pay for it!

Have a good appointment tomorrow and report back. The drain removal shouldn't hurt..it just feels wierd.
Looking good
hi ther wow u look so good already.. dont worry it gets better iam 2 weeks out and i am pretyy much back to normal activites.... i am walkin complete straight also..... everyday is diff....
hi.. iam 2 weeks out of sx.. and doing well.. im glad to hear y are doin so good... yes my girls have drop to amazing what a difference tyhere is every day.. but def love em,,,lol and my tummy is still somewhat swollen but already love the diffrence in that to.. keep us updated.. hope ur doing good:)
Hi Fun in the sun! I also have my surgery date on 2/21. I have my pre-op this wed 2/16. I am so nervous. I hope this week goes by fast!
Believe me, your week will go by fast and you will love your results. I will be posting my 1 week post op pictures on Friday.
Beachgal- are you already happy with your results? Sounds like it....can't wait to see you (in pics and in person)
How are you doing with your recovery? I'm set for my mommy makeover on Monday 2/21/11 and have my pre-op this Friday 2/18/11. Just wanted to see how your recovery was going and if you have any advice.
I bet you are so excited about your upcoming surgery! Believe me, it is so worth it. I truly don't remember much from the first day. I don't have pain, it's just a tad uncomfortable. I can't stand my drain, but I know how important it is to have. I have no appetite. I am being very good about taking all my meds, on time. An important thing to know is do not chase the pain.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away. Take care of yourself!
Hope things are going well for you can't wait to see the new you...you'll be ready for the beach in no time:-)
hope things went well.
Good Luck!!! I hope everything went well.
Thinking of you and hope your doing well
Good morning Beachgal! Hope you are in a medicated dream world with a flat tummy and perky boobs! Post when you can.
Hi Daffy,

I'm doing ok. The one drain I have is really bothering me. It's constantly leaking so have gauze pads in my underwear to help. I feel OK, but certainly not 100%. The lipo areas on my back are sore also. I haven't had any issues with my new breasts.I'm going back to sleep. I will send you an email tomorrow. It's cool that you met another person from here.
Sooooo glad to hear from you. I wanted to call you but didn't want to disturb you.
Take your meds and sleep as much as you need. Once your back in gear we'll compare scars too!