Stick a fork in me, I'm done! Finally! My Mommy Makeover!!! - Orange, CA

My husband - Ladies, I thought I would give a...

My husband -
Ladies, I thought I would give a husband's perspective on a mommy makeover.
My wife and I have three wonderful daughters to whom she's devoted her life to, not to mention putting up with me for the last 25 years. My wife is going to be 45 years old this year. She is 5' 7" and has gone from 290lbs. to 220lbs. She intends to be 205lbs. at time of surgery at the end of May 2013. My wife is comfortable in her size. SHE HAS & LOVES HER CURVES - And so do I. She'll never be a size 7, nor would does want to. Besides being a little heavy (by other peoples standards), she's quite healthy. The kids, weight loss, and age has left her with excess skin and sagging.
It's time for her to do something for herself. I completely support her. SHE DESERVES IT.
Procedures that are being considered are: tummy tuck, lipo on the flanks, and breast aug/lift. We are still doing multiple consultations in Orange County, CA. I think these procedures will take a beautiful woman to a full figured super model!
Ladies, if you're uncertain when you're ready to have some work done... Ask yourself these questions:
1. Are you trying to get to unrealistic weight because some chart tells you what you should weigh?
2. Are you trying to look like some image that society makes you try to become?

If your expectations are realistic, any procedure done will only enhance your beauty and give you more confidence.
Best of luck to you all. This site has been so helpful!
"From a loving and supportive husband."

Me -
Thank you Dear! I still can't believe that this is finally going to happen! :}
We will be posting some before pictures this weekend. :0

7 weeks to go! Hurry up and get here! I had a...

7 weeks to go! Hurry up and get here!
I had a total of seven consultations with doctors in the Orange County and Los Angeles County area. After all the time and effort, I chose Dr. Hisham Seify in Newport Beach, CA. The consultation, the time he spent with me, the explanation of the process and procedures, and "Tatum" the patient consultant convinced me that I found the surgeon for me. I continue my walks and my diet... I shouldn't use the word "diet." I watch what I eat but more than that, I watch the amount that I eat. For me, portion control is the key. The weight is coming down (though sometimes I feel that it is not fast enough).

4 weeks to go! Going for blood work tomorrow.

4 weeks to go!
Going for blood work tomorrow.

I have 3 weeks to go! I'm so excited! Hurry up...

I have 3 weeks to go! I'm so excited! Hurry up 5/24 get here NOW! Oh and my mom gave me money as a Mother's Day present to do some lipo on my legs! :). I also went for my blood work on Wed, got a portable potty, and my husband bought me a medical adjustable bed (just in case I need it). My daughter said she wanted it after we are done with it.
I'm stuck on my weight, I want to loose 20 more lbs before my surgery. I don't know what else to do, I'm watching what I eat and exercising. ARG!

4 1/2 Days to go!!!!!

4 1/2 Days to go!!!!
My husband thinks I'll look great in my same old clothes... So I'm posting this as another "before" pic, for him.

Just got home

It's done. Time to recover! Here's the preop pics and the picture I just took at home. Going to rest. Will check in tomorrow.

OH NO, HICCUPS!

Ladies, I just experienced the hiccups... Ouch! That totally caught me off guard.
I'm feeling okay. I can walk to the bathroom and kitchen. My husband made a wonderful chicken stew. I was able to sit at the dining room table to eat my meal.
To my surprise, I received a call from my doctor. He wanted to follow up and see how I was doing. He called FROM HIS PERSONAL CELL PHONE! He said he'll see me soon, but if I had any concerns to call him at this number. Is this my imagination, or is this above and beyond? Especially during Memorial Day weekend!
I'm swollen, sore, amd sleepy because of the pain killers... But so impressed with Dr. Seify. I sent him a picture of how I look this morning (a little weird) and got to see my new body. It hasn't sunk in - that what I saw is me. My husband said "Wow." My daughter ( I'm lucky enough to have a real nurse in the family) said the incisions look fine, the drains are good, and nothing out of the ordinary.

1st look Idk

Full body picture. So much removed. It still hasn't sunk in...

Had my 1st po visit today.

Had my 1st po visit today. Dr. Seify said that I looked great! There was 9lbs of skin removed and 4lbs lipoed out. I feel awesome! I've been taking walks around the house, and have been going to the restroom regularly. I sometimes feel achy and a little tired, so I've been napping throughout the day. I will be posting some more pics tomorrow.

9 Days PO

9 Days PO. One drain out and one to go. For some reason, my second drain is now draining more per day. I was expecting to have my second drain removed tomorrow but I don't think I will. Too much fluid coming out.
I'm feeling okay - just get tired very easily. My incisions are very thin and the ones around my arreolas are basically invisible. I'm so happy with them. My implants are still sitting high. Started wearing my compression garments. They feel great. They really help.
Dr. Hisham Seify (Newport Beach, CA.)

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD (949) 485-2303 20072 SW Birch St , Suite 110 Newport Beach, CA

Congratulations! You look great!
Congratulations! !!! You have made it to the "flat side"
Thank you. I'll post more pics later today.
Good luck! You're gonna be so thrilled!
Gorgeous before...gonna be a stunner after!!! Good luck!!!
Can't wait to see your results!
Me too!!! I just want Friday morning to be here NOW!!!
10 1/2 Days to go!!!!!! Why can't it just be done and over with?!?! I'm so ready (I think)! I feel happy and sad at the same time. I feel so bad for my family because this surgery has depleted our savings and my kids are not going to be able to do anything for the summer, but I'll make it up to them. I know that next summer we will definitely be going to the beach and play in the water! Hurry up 5/24; I am ready!
Hi hun! Wanted to check in and say hey!! I am working on recovery and getting comfy in my new (lack of) skin!!!! Hope you are well!!! Yours is coming soon!!!
Yes, thank you. How are you doing? Do you have any suggestions of what to do before my surgery?
Im in the same boat. I have scheduled my self for a breast lift, tummy tuck and brazilian butt lift with dr.hughes. Have you choosen a doctor yet?
Yes I have, I went with Dr. Seify in Newport Beach. I liked his results and when we met him, he and his patient coordinator, Tatum, were very nice and answered ALL of our questions. When is your surgery and have you found a Dr yet?
Im actually going to dominician republic with dr.yily she has done alot of the girls on here and she on charges 5000 for a tummy tuck breast lift brazilian butt lift and lipo of the arms flank abdomen back and thighs cant bet that.
I'm so excited for you both!! I'm glad you like your doctor that's important. Did you get to see his before and after pictures? It gives you a good idea of where the incisions will be since the doctors vary in that way. Does he send you home with a pain pump or a catheter? I kinda wish I would have one of these at least haha just those first few nights when I had to pee so often. Good luck and I hope the time flies!!
Hello! I'm also a mom to three, and you and I are having the same procedures done! Excited to go through this with you - over in Colorado, that is ;)
Go for it girlie!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!
Finally someone that looks like me and wants the same procedures and I love that you love your curves Me 2! I have lost 30 pounds and plan to lose more but I will never get under 140. Even at my smallest I never did and I do not want to be a stick. I am glad you are on here for me to follow your progress as I am planning on doing this next year.
Hey!!! It's great to hear your story!!! You and I have nearly the same stats and we are having the exact same procedures. Congrats on the weight loss!!! You will soon be free of the extra skin! We are about two months away!!! Very exciting!!!!! Lets keep in touch! Hugs!
Awesome that you two can go through this together on here. I love this site and the people here. I had wonderful support and miss being here constantly like I was for so long.
Sorry ladies. I've been meaning to post before (current) pictures, but life has a way of getting in the way. After 6 consultations and much thought, I finally chose a PS. I requested 3 weeks vacation but received only 2 weeks... It'll have to do. I put down a deposit and have a scheduled surgery date of Friday, May 24th, 2013. I'm still watching what I eat, how much I eat, and continue to walk every day. At my heaviest, I was 298lbs. As of today, 217lbs.... Goal is 200lbs to 205lbs at date of surgery. I will post more pictures with clothes on to. I want to show a before and after surgery picture wearing the EXACT same clothes on.
Hey hon forget the total goal numbers...give yourself only two lbs at a time and if it works make it three...It's fun and inspiring to see the numbers going down no matter what they are. Don't make your enjoyment so far away when you can get satisfaction every single day!!
Thank you. I have been exercising and keeping only 1 eye on the scale. I am more concerned in staying healthy at this time.
Thank you so much for posting this!!! I completely agree with all these things! I am also a thick girl who carries it well. My DH does not like "little"girls!! I am driving myself nuts trying to get to where the doctors tell me I should be. I think it is my underlying need to please!!!! Sad but true! Thanks!! Both of you!!
I'm so happy that this has helped! There was a long time reading other people's stories until I had the courage to begin posting my journey through this life changing process. The only advise that I can give you is what my husband said to me: "You have been doing so much, for so many, for so long... Do something for yourself." If you have a need to please... please yourself. Go ahead with it. I wish you all the best! Keep in touch.
I would love to keep in touch and look forward to hearing about your journey!! I will be posting my before pics soon, but honestly there is not a day I don't feel bloated in the belly!! Guess I need to suck it up!!