Ultrasue Can't Even Run It Off!!! - Ontario, Canada

Well I'm gonna try this for the second time! My...

Well I'm gonna try this for the second time! My journey began five years ago ...I woke up one morning and could not straighten out of a ninety degree angle. My back was in so much pain it was crazy!
Went to doctor who wanted to load me up with pain killers and anti inflammatory meds...not for me! So I went to a chiropractor for the very first time ever and he did some adjustments but basically told me I had to lose weight and move. I think I was about 175-180 at the time.
So I started running....I ran my first 5 k then ten then a half marathon or two, then marathons ...I became addicted. My back was better and I was losing weight! I kept running and further distances...I did a 160 km race over 7 days...I did two 50 k races last summer.....down to 145....but still can't swear a bikini....looking down just a flabby pooch that just didn't match the rest of my body or my lifestyle.
I was frustrated and getting depressed...I thought " how can I be running 30k every day, eating really healthy and not lose this pooch of a belly????
So I stopped whining and talked to my doctor who said it was loose skin from childbirth that would not tighten or go away no matter what I did.
Next stop....plastic surgeon!
Found an awesome doc who works at the hospital I work at and is actually chief of plastic surgery there....he was amazing. So I booked it and haven't looked back!
My surgery is two weeks past now and it was the best thing I've ever done...my confidence is already improving, I know my posture and back will be even better and stronger for running. I can't wait to getthed ok to run again....my next goal is an 80 k then a 100 k !!! I'm so happy! I will try and post a coupled after pics....I have no before......I kinda wanted to forget that ever was.

The big reveal! LOL

Here are my post op images finally. I am really pleased with thee results so far and I can't wait to see how things improve over next few months!

wedding

Well like I said I spent all last evening looking for a flattering dress for wedding today. Here are some pics...

26 days

Hi all, I am two days shy of four weeks po. I am posting an updated pic of my scar as well as a close up of my belly button as per request. I am healing very well and still happy with results thus far. Any questions just ask and I hope I can help. Happy healing to all my TT friends!!

6 weeks 4 days

Doing well...can note some swelling today. Numbness still present but less...stomach feeling more natural.
Dr. Andrade

Awesome experience!! The whole team made med feel comfortable and at ease. Surgery all done in his office surgical suite. 100% recommendation.

Still looking great Ultrasue! I'm also excited that your doc said you were still swollen. Maybe I am also? Still loving my results but if I'm a little swollen that would be just fine with me!
First of all, ultra running is badass. Second, you look great! It must feel wonderful to look as good as you feel!
Wow, incredible, wonderful change! Congratulations!
Happy One Month to you Ultrasue!
Looking good girl!
Thanks so much...the wedding was really beautiful...I'm paying as bit now because of the heels and dancing but its a small price to pay for such a great time!!
You look amazing! :)
Glad it went well! I really like how low your incision is. That is my only issue...I feel like my incision is too high. Not that I am going to be showing it off on the beach, but it is higher than a lot of my underwear is and I SEE it all the time! :)
Thank you rexal!!
That's true, I don't plan on a bikini as I've never worn one and not sure I could be comfortable so exposed....still debating but even though we know we will have a scar....it is nice to be able to " not see it" all the time. The good thing is that it will become less and less visible as it fades .....I'm sure in time it won't be so evident.
Mines kind of high too. I'm hoping maybe it will look lower as time goes by,swelling goes down,etc. I'm also more worried about how the pubic area is going to look in a bathing suit. Yikes! I really hope that calms down!
Lol I know what you mean...when I do get swelling its always there and wow! It ain't pretty!!
Ur welcome! How was ur belly button healing if u don't mind me asking.
I have been lucky I think...my belly button has been healing quite well. No problems with it. I am using silicone gel on scar and bb. I'll take a pic to update how its looking now. As for aftercare...I was directed to leave it covered with an antibiotic guaze in it for first week. Then covered using polysporin second week, then silicones gel after that.
Ty for sharing. It means a lot!
You look great! Let us know how you wowed them at the wedding!
Great dress ! You look awesome!
Congratulations and continued happy healing!
Or even a contact number for him?
U look amazing! Where is ur doctor located?
He is located in Newmarket, Ontario. If you Google his name you will get his website for his Breast and Body Clinic. He is very good and will answer emails send from his website quite promptly. You'll find his number there as well. And thank you!!
Ty. I will!
Congrats on everything!!!
Your photos are amazing! I am so impressed with your running stats! Mostly I run just for me, but have done many 5Ks, but nothing further. I can imagine a half marathon, but not a full marathon! It takes forever just to DRIVE 26 miles!!How do you train for that? Sorry to get off course with the tt discussion.
Thanks pheonix! I followed a training plan I found online for both marathon and then later the ultramarathons. The training can be quite intense....I don't see my family much during those times as I would work all day and be running three hours in evening then on weekends longer. Sometimes if we planned a trip somewhere I would start four or five hours ahead of my husband running and work it out so that when he caught up to me in the car I would have run my distance and jump in the car with him the rest of the away. Also my work is 46 km away so I've been known to leave my car at the office and run home. Then my hubby drives me in the next day. I definitely have to be creative and you definitely have to love it! LOL