The LSL Ruined my Life! - Ontario, CA

This has by far been the worst decison that I have...

This has by far been the worst decison that I have ever made! I am an educated women who is in the Medical field specializing in Medical Sales most of my life. I have had other plastic procedures and I consider myself as pretty savvy and I feel like such an idiot for doing this procedure. I had a "friend" who worked at one of there offices and I had never seen one of there infomercials. I actually had already had a consultation with my regular doctor and he told me that I only needed maybe a few less invasive procedures.

Later that day, when I spoke with "my friend" convienently a LSL Consultant, he pushed me into scheduling a consultation with his Doctor. Stating that they only specialize in facial procuedures and my doctor prob didnt know anything about doing faces.. and the LSL specialty is on the face. Oh, and dont u know that because he was my friend he would give me a very special discount, just for me..how sweet. God, If i only knew now what I know now!

So, I went to the consultation and of course they told me everythng that they are scripted to say, and I fell for it. They told me that It would be the minor pick me up that I needed except they recomended the upper eye lift as well as the fat transfer and finally a laser treamtment.I just started a new semester at school and it was a 4 day weekend, so with those many days off, they told me that I would be great to go back to school.. I was also taking my kids to Maui a few months later and I was also concerned about that...WRONG,

Well, its been 5 weeks now and I am in chronic pain, im horribly scarred and deformed, and my waist has a softball size lump on it that now a " real doctor" is telling me it may never go back to normal. I have had 2 2nd opinions and they both tell me that they dont know if they can help me and if so, I have to wait a year until they will even know. When They found out that I had the LSL they both gasped. I was so embarrased.

My Ears look strange, I have these wierd indentions all along my face, I will never be able to wear my hair up ever again, I will have to cover my ears. i cant wear glasses because of the pain. I have a huge scar under my chin that is large, uneven and bumpy. I have buldging under my chin and my ears poke out. The scars are now keloiding which has never happened to me before, I have had multiple diffrent types of surgery and I was told this was directly related to the technique of the doctor. I was also told that they pulled my face too tight and that it is not even. Now, lets talk about the fat transefer. I had a black bruise and a grapefruit size hard ball on the left side where my skin now feels dead inside. I am asymmetrical and I will not be able to wear a bathing suit this summer or maybe even ever. I have large marble size lups where they infected the fat and it collected into large balls that hurt. I am in chronic pain and I cant get threw a night of sleep, between the pain in my ears and waist, I average only about of 3 hours of sleep. I dont even want to leave my home or interact with my kids, which is completly not normal for me, this has complety changed me. I wear a hat usually everyday to cover my face and some days even a scarf. I am only 40 Years old and I was a nice looking women who only wanted some minor things done and now I look like a monster.

Th worst part of my whole story is the way that I have been treated by the Doctor and the LSL staff. They want nothing to do with me and "my friend" wont return any of my calls or emails now. He said that he has to seperate himself from this..Intereststing that he choosing to seperate himself now, not that I am a liability and they have my money and took my life in the process.. The procedure itself was horrible..Dont listen to them about it being so easy and they dont put u under any sedation. The truth it, they are working out of facilities that are not accredited to do so and that is the truth. u walk into a room with a chair that looks like u should be in a dentist. I am scared to think of the sterillity issues that they have. But from all the horror stories that I have read about infection rates, one would have to wonder.

When I showed up for my procedure their was some other Doctor there, that I knew nothing about to help assist. They made me sign a consent 5 minutes before my procedure. Come to find out he was in training and he was the Doctor that did the fat transerer on my waist and caused me so much injury.I was awake thru the entire procedure. It was painful, I felt everything and the smell of them burning your flesh is something I will never forget.

I could go on and on but I hope u get the point by now. I will do whatever I can to prevent another women from going thru what I have. I have to make sure that i tell as many people as I can. This isnt about having unrealistic expectations but about a completed injustice. I have been back to the office 3 times but they dont want anything to do with me. They tell me I look fine and they make me wait in the back waiting room and have asked me to go out another exit.I guess they dont want to risk me walking thru the waiting room and warn the other suckers that they are getting ready to scam I am sure that I am bad for business at this point and have become a liability. at my last appt The Doctor brought in one of the office staff as back up and she went on to tell me that she even had it performed on herself and she is fine. Right! She works there, what is she supposed to say.?? Interesting that she didnt have it done at that office though..hum.. needless to say nothing got accomplished and I felt the appt in tears.

I have now been in contact with hundreds of people that have had similiar experiences as mine. I have found information on the class action lawsuit and I have reached out to retain an attorney. Its not about the money its about the priniciple that they lied to me and have taken the person who I once was and now have shit on me in the process and I will do what I can to try to get justice and just hope and pray that I dont have chronic pain and complications for years to come like others that I have spoken with and my kids will have there Mom back

Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had terrible things happen to me also, but it wasn't the LSL. I had a fractional laser procedure that scarred my face and destroyed all the fat in my face. Is it ok to put the name of the doctor who did this to me on this forum or will that create a lawsuit? I am sorry this happened to you.
It's ok, u want others to know. So the same won't happen to them. Lawsuit. U should be suing the doctor that did this. They are highly insured or should be.
I am so sorry to hear what has happened to you. I know how you feel. Unfortunately for me, it was too long ago and now it's too late.

I to have been disconfigure for life by Dr michia. This was a con job done by lifestyle lift. He lied to me and ruined my face in a browlift gone wrong, any info u can share about a suit would be appreciated, as I'll need extensive surgery to try and look like a normal person again, I now can't even go out of the house. The shame and agony and deception they have done to me is unbareable.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

How are you doing now? I hope you're doing better.
It's a shame what some doctors will do for a little money. Unbelievable!!!!
Ask spokesmodel Debbie Boone where she got her 4 face lifts. Definately not at LSL. She is an unknown 'one hit wonder' from over 40 years ago and that is the best they can do for a spokesmodel? This is the first job she has had in 39 years. Stay far away from old lady Grandma Boone (yes, 5 grandchildren), her tightly pulled face and bony, saggy, creepy neck/hands and that desperate company she represents. She alone gives people the creeps, so put two and two together people. LSL is a 'chop shop' for people that buy from infomercials, have GED's, and are targeted by telebrands to buy two skillets for the price of one. Her middle name is 'tacky' and she might as well perform the surgery while she warbles her sickening oldie to her vaudeville family (her 90-something mother) in her mobile home.

that's to bad. i also noticed when i met with machida i just had a bad feeling. i do have a better dr. in pasadena he has done a lot of surgerys on me. his great! to bad u have to go back. i know i would'nt. if i could help u with another dr. let me know. good luck!

I just had my face retouched, Dr. Machida forgot to retouch my eyes now I gotta go back. I had a meeting with the Doctor to tell me my feelings and he still goofed. Not good

i am so sorry that happened to you. i agree, when i asked him many questions it was a yes or no ans. i like detail answers. i have a good dr. that i have been going for yrs and he told me a lot about lsl. his cost is a little bit more but its worth it. it's important to have the job done right, the first time. they should'nt charge u more to fix your eyes? he said "he goofed"wow! that's scary.

I totally agree. I had a lift in September 2011 with Dr. Machida. His bedside manner is very cold, I tried to ask questions and he just looked at me like i was crazy. He never answered my questions, I wish I would have just left well enough alone. My eyes turned out with bags under my eyes now and I have to wear glasses to hide the puffiness. He told me he goofed that my eyes should have been cut and that the fat injections did not work so they want 2900.00 to fix it. In addition to that I developed a seroma on my chin when he performed lipo, now i have a visible scar. I am not happy with that Dr. at all!

i need to see results from u ladies. thx for the info but a picture tells the story. if u can pls send me pictures a d****p@yahoo. thanks for your concern. delsie

You better back off of this procedure! I do not know his work mine was done by the other doctor but as far I read in this the experience of the patients with him is bad. We will NOT be posting if we had good experiences at this facility or with the LSL at all. I am still looking for answers on how to compesate my losses (looks, money) but the big thing is the depression after the LSL I feel like a monster my life stoped there until I'll have this fix I can see myself in the mirror I stoped going out I feel and look so sad at all times. Do not put your hopes in the LSL is FAKE it does not work you willl loose your money and your peace.
Thank you douch for your honesty! Your story has caused me to change my plans and avoid lsl like the plague
Sorry about misspelling...meant to say so much and not douch

tell me more about dr. brian k machida in ontario ca. i am scheduled to have lsl

Delsie, Please do extensive research before considering this LSL procedure. I didn't do any research, I saw infomercials and believed it would be a good thing. I went for a consultation and was talked into scheduling my procedure for 2 days later. It all happened so fast and I was mislead about the procedure itself and the results. PLEASE get a consultation with a private "Board Certified" Plastic Surgeon. When I told my Plastic Surgeon I had the LSL procedure 6 months earlier, he gasped. He told me that was nothing but a scam. I worked for a Doctor for years, and believe me I have never heard of a Physician saying anything like that about another Physician. So you know it's pretty bad for a Physician to say that.
I have read " a few" good reviews about LSL. If you decide to go through with your procedure I wish you the best. Hopefully you will be one of the few with good results. Good Luck whatever you decide.
I was looking myself on a amplified mirror and I could see that my face is sunken and dropping in a speed of ligth pace and I am asking again if somebody knows something from any source to get some JUSTICE. This crooks are out there expending our money with no regards or punishment Please ladies lets do something even if we can start a petition and send it to the Attorney General something that give us some peace.
I would be more than happy to sign a petition. I have started coping as many reviews as I can find about LSL and making a folder. Who knows, they may be helpful in the future. I would love to help shut down the whole operation. If someone needs a facial procedure they should go to a private plastic surgeon, where they will be taken care of and not butchered then ripped off.
They big time crooks if I keep posting is to prevent another Human Being to get this "Life Style Steal"
They do not aswer! after they gat your money they do not care of the outcome or the pain or nothing else PEOPLE OUT THERE: THIS IS A SCHEME TO RIP OFF YOUR MONEY. The class action Is going nowhere they only were researching for BAD ADVERTISMENT and I think Tanya is getting her own lawyer to take them to court. I am researching if I can take them to small claims at least to get back what we are paying or paid but it is a big shoot if you read the posting the lawyer and judges do not want to deal with the LSL people.
That is sad. There should be justice for anyone who is treated badly (or left scarred for life) in ANY medical situation. Doesn't LSL have malpractice ins.? At my consultation I was told that LSL does their own financing. I NEVER signed a financial document or any financing documents. I was never told about a "finance Company". If they did their own financing like I was told, I would never pay another dime. I do have great credit and do not want to ruin that. I have filed a dispute of the charges with the finance Co. Not sure where that will go?? As of right now I have paid 2000.00 to the finance Co. that financed my surgery, I would be happy if LSL would just pay back the balance (4550.00) I'm sure they are not about to do that. It's just wrong to mislead people, leave them scarred, and not give what was promised. These people should be held accountable for their actions. I haven't spoke with an attorney yet, but I do plan on it if the dispute goes nowhere.
I agree it's a SCHEME !!! I hope the ladies that read these post will STRONGLY RECONSIDER before having this procedure. I wish I had known about this site before I had it done, it could have saved me a lot of pain and money. Without surgical repair I will never look the same again. More pain and more money.....Thanks to LSL
You are out of luck 'botched.' You will not see a dime, your credit will be ruined and they can even sue you for non-payment. You created a contract by having the LSL whether or not you signed any document. You owe the money, and the more you delay the more the interest will grow...you will end up paying thousands upon thousands in interest on top of the cost of the surgery. A class action lawsuit will definately bankrupt you, the cost of locating others to get involved will be next to impossible as people always talk big but will back off out of fear. You will need to retain lawyers, have large amounts of evidence and big money to even think of a class action lawsuit. You need to pay up as you already owe a huge amount of money to the finance company. The finance company is in the business of making huge profits off of people that make mistakes that ruin their lives. The more you delay the deeper of a hole you are digging for yourself. Get an extra job or two and work as much as possible for the next several years just to save yourself from financial ruin. You have already ruined your face and now you are destroying you finances. Just hope and pray that you don't contract a serious blood infection down the line on top of the many thousands of dollars that you owe. Pray that you will be able to pay off your huge debt as you can fool yourself but can not fool the finance company that will be following you around for years and years to come.
You will not be able to file this in small claims court, it will not be allowed as a legitimate claim. You would have to file any action in a civil court and it would have to be filed as a medical malpractice case which would cost you thousands of dollars to initiate, When I first searched for information on the LSL all I saw were hundreds of negative comments and terrible results. When you are searching for something as serious as facial plastic surgery you must take many things into account, unfortunately it appears that most of you did not do the appropriate amount and type of research. It is not possible to do a mini-lift in an hour. You can pull a tooth in an hour but you have to be realistic about plastic surgery in an hour? Unfortunately many of you took the route of believing that it is possible to do a serious surgical procedure in one hour? Your are putting your lives and hard earned money into the hands of a group of unethical practicioners, you would spend more time shopping for a used car. Use your common sense. Always talk to a 3rd party about something like this. The allure of looking 10 to 15 years younger is so strong people tend to push all common sense aside and can seem to justify a serious procedure so easily. Sometimes it is hard to take responsobility for our own actions. Some of you need to take a 2nd look at the situation and blame the responsible party. Unfortunately in many cases it is ourselves. Do what you can to fix the problem, even it may take a few years. This time do the right thing and let these crooks be driven out of business. Do your homework and never, ever jump into a quick decision when it comes to plastic surgery.