I'm starting to think I should have gone bigger 2 wks Post op ..is my mind playing tricks on me?! - Ontario, CA

Hello girlies..I can't believe I actually made an...

Hello girlies..I can't believe I actually made an account and joined this amazing community. My operation date is tomorrow and I am now beginning to freak out. I am starting to grasp the concept that I will be getting a breast augmentation tomorrow. In less than 20 hours, the body that I've had for the past 25 years will forever be changed for the better of course. Half of my friends are supportive and half are not. One of my closest friends texted me today and said that she is disappointed in me because I'm choosing to change my body. Some people in my life do not understand that this is my body and I am entitled to my own decision. I've been dreaming of this procedure since I was 18. At that time I could not afford a breast augmentation since I was young and had just started college. Now that I had just graduated from nursing school I wanted to give myself a gift for a job well done. Nursing school wasn't easy you know.

Anyway, just like I had mentioned some people in my life are supportive and some aren't. What's so hurtful is that my boyfriend is choosing to work and "run errands" tomorrow (on the day of my procedure) instead of being with me. I don't know if Im being too emotional right now, but I feel that since he is my boyfriend he should be willing to take care of me on this special and yet nerve-racking day of my life. Since I don't wanna be a burden to any of my friends and my boyfriend I just decided to book a hotel and just stay there by myself for a few days. I know someone should be monitoring me but I don't really have anyone to do that as sad as it may sound. So, I consider you..this "realSelf" community as my family to give me important advices and tips to make my Post Op experience a little less uncomfortable since I will be the only one taking of myself. My question to the ones that have gone through this process is what discomfort did you feel and how did you tackle it? I read about icing the area..does that help? What position should I sleep in? Will I be able to brush my teeth and wash my face? I was advised to avoid moving my arms. Any tips will help..guys. Thank you so much!!!

2 wks Post Op- I don't know if my mind is playing...

2 wks Post Op- I don't know if my mind is playing a trick on me, but Im starting to think I should have gone bigger. The first week after my surgery I thought my breasts were really HUGE for my height and weight and wished I had gone a little smaller. I am 5'1 and weigh 100 lbs. I decided to go with 375cc silicone R breast and 350cc silicone on my L breast. The recommendations that my PS had for me during pre-op consultation was between 270cc-300cc due to my height and weight, but I decided for myself to go beyond his suggestions because I've read on NUMEROUS blogs that most women wished they have gone bigger after their BA. NOw, I am beginning to think I should have gone bigger,,maybe with 400-425cc. I don't know if my mind is playing a trick on me..or this is a normal thought that most women go through or maybe Im just getting used to seeing my breast with implants that Im adapting to their size. Please tell me your experiences..did you feel the same way as I am feeling now?

height: 5'0-5'1 ft
weight : 100 lbs

Looks like they suit you. I am getting 400CC HP but a little taller and heavier in weight. I hope my turns out well.
Congrats on ya success, they look great and sry who u needed didn't support u...my friends don't support me and its tough...one does but after really having a heart to heart... But u look amazing hope u enjoy them
How are you feeling about them now? Still wish you had gone bigger? We have similar stats except I'm a little heavier than you. I was thinking about going with 375, but now I'm thinking between 400-425.
Did you get moderate plus or high profile gel implants? You are very close to my size, and I was looking at getting the 375cc ones as well. Your look is exactly what I'm after.
I will post more pics as times go by. My PS and I decided with HP silicone which is what I wanted to give my breast that extra little boost.
That's what I thought. Thanks so much.
Mine did look larger after settling. However, everyone is different. How are your nipples feeling kitty?? Mine have lost some sensation which seems to be a common risk
It's nice to know that your implants have gone a bit bigger after settling..gives me hope lol. Well my right nipple has some sensation however the left one doesn't. I brought this concern to my PS and he said that it takes awhile to get nipple sensation back. Also since my left breast was the one with the larger implant 375cc.. it's normal for it to not have sensation while the right one does. For now all I could do is wait..and yes everyone recovers differently.
chelseakitty, mine got larger as they started dropping too. I'm almost 8 weeks and still have some dropping to do and think I'll get a little larger with it.
Y did one have a larger implant
You look amazing! It's nice to see someone close to my size (I'm heavier) with the same size I'm thinking about. I know everybody is different but this gives me an idea. Thanks for the review.
No problem! I'm glad to have given you few ideas. Since I am petite I had decided to go with 350cc-375cc silicone HP, under the muscle. I was afraid of that "snooki" (jersey shore) look..u know the top heavy look. So now I'm just waiting for my breast to drop and fluff so I'll know my final size.
Hiya kitty~ WOW you look great in a bikini!!! I think you chose a great size since you are quite petite. (Remember they will settle in a couple months and obtain a prettier shape) I am 5"10 and have only 304 cc's and am SOOO glad I did not go bigger. I wanted the natural look and got it. Thanks for sharing your story:)
Thank you for the compliment!! Now I'm just waiting for my final size. I want to buy sexier bras so badly lol! So after the whole "drop and fluff" take place will my breast look bigger? Is this a correct assumption?
Yes, you will look fuller in the cup and probably have more projection too. You look just stunning. I can't wait to get mine!
You look perfect to me. I feel as though I went too big. I have had a hard time adapting as well. Congrats on your recent educational success.
Thank you for the response! I think I would take feeling "too big" than "too small" anytime lol! Your breast look great!
I got 350 cc in both R and L, so about the same size as you. I'm 5'8, 125 lbs, and I also feel like mine look small! It is definitely normal, I've heard BA girls call it "booby greed." They will look a bit bigger when they drop and fluff, because right now your muscles are tight over the implant. Think of it this way: they will be small enough that you can be modest when you want to be, and big enough that with a bit of a push-up bra and low cut top they can be on display! You don't want to be huge and have your chest be the first thing people notice about you. Whenever I start wishing I went bigger, I look at my 'before' pictures and realize that it's been a major change! Good luck with your recovery :)
thank you very much for that reply. Now that I think about it..Im only 5'0 and weigh 100 lbs..a "D" cup is not practical for me to have. With being a "D" cup there are so many disadvantages such as back pain and being disproportional. Im a heavy C right now and Im reminding myself every now and then that..that's the ideal size for me. When I think of "D" cup on a small girl..I think of "snooki" from Jersey Shore and I don't wanna look like that. haha.
K wouldn't want to look like Snooki either lol.
No kidding, i think Snooki is more like a DD..
4 Weeks after BA,,I came home and my breast looked HUGE! I got 425cc and 450cc I was a full b and now as they are healing..I feel the same way..Wish I had gone 450cc 475cc..My PS told me most woman feel this way. After awhile you feel like you always looked like this and you don't see a difference in your apperance..It's normal so I have been told...You just want to make the right choice...who in the world wants to do it again!! Just a little concerend my choice to have this done was necessary since I had a bad mamo and tissue was removed from my right breast bring it down to a very small B cup. Now 4 weeks later left is still a bit bigger than right..I'm a wreck hoping in time they made the right choice of size to even them out! Any opinions are welcomed :)
Thank you for the response! I'm so sorry to hear that. We all expect and deserve to have the best outcome possible after spending so much money on BA. I wish you all the best with everything.
I think you look great! Not too small... And they will look bigger as they drop! Be patient! I am one month post op and just now trying on bras, but won't spend much on them incase I outgrow it as they drop. I know we are an instant gratification world, but with this ya have to be patient.
Thank you for the response! I just always thought as weeks go by..after the swelling subsides breast tend to get and look "smaller"