Revision TT & breast lift (No Implants). I'm in LOVE with my results! (Post-Massive weight loss reconstructive surgery)

I had a second opinion consult 2 months after my...

I had a second opinion consult 2 months after my TT with another surgeon.. I felt I wasn't pulled tight enough.. and I was right! Planning on a revision in the future. The new doctor agreed with my concerns.. I could have been pulled tighter and he wants to lower my scar. He's going to see if tricare will cover the revision since they covered the initial surgery, and if they don't he is waiving his fee for me (very kind since he didn't do the TT originally!). I'd be looking at $4,700 for the revision if insurance doesn't help out.. which is a very good deal if you ask me! I see him again in 4 months - still too early out to jump into the revision... and I'm going to have to wait until the tax return if insurance doesn't pay for the revision. I'm just happy I have a game plan and a surgeon I fully trust! Also planning on a breast lift too depending if I can save the cash. Now - patience.

Hi Jessmmmkay! I'm excited for you! Glad to hear you've got a plan! Shame on that first doctor!

Keep us up to date on everything!!

Approved!

Approved by my insurance for the revision! Now.. the wait for my appointment! I also got approved for a breast lift.. I'm truly lucky!

Hi! I can understand how you feel completely... I too am considering a revision and seeking a third opinion early next month. Was supp to get a midi tt which I think is between a mtt and ftt but to only find out 3 weeks later that my upp ab muscles were not plicated... Hence I now have a bulge above bb :(( it's definitely not nice..
Exciting!!

Scheduled!

January 17th is my revision TT and breast lift! :) I'm on the cancellation list.. so hopefully I can get in sooner! Either way, I'm happy this is happening!

Congrats! HOw in the world did you get insurance to cover the revision?
Thanks! Probably because I still have rashes and excess skin because the first surgeon didn't do much at all. So it's still considered medical necessity.
but in all honesty, I'm not 100% sure. I know the rashes and excess skin I still had were the reasons behind me getting this second opinion. As far as insurance goes.. my new surgeon handled that process. I didn't have to really do anything.

I'm a little over a week away from my revision!

Adding final pictures before this tummy get's fixed! I'm really excited.

Good luck with your revision! I had a fleur-de-lis and LOVE how tight it makes your midsection! The scar trade off is SO worth it! I hope you get the results you are hoping for!! Best of luck to you!
♥ I'll keep you updated! I'm really excited. I've been so disappointed since my first TT in May. My new surgeon is amazing and I have full confidence in him! My first surgeon left me feeling hopeless! I didn't think I'd be able to trust a surgeon again after her.. It's funny how we posted on each others pages at nearly the same time... ;) ♥

Weight loss before & after

If you only know me through this review and have't checked out my other reviews.. you probably don't know that I lost 125 pounds.. and the excess skin and rashes were the reason behind my insurance approving it. (Lot's of people message me how I got them to cover it) Figured I'd clarify that.. a share a photo. :)

and...OMG...what freaking georgeous legs you have!!! were your legs largely unaffected by the weight loss? any thigh work in your future? any consideration of Breast Aug or Arms? c'mon spill the beans!
lol! My thighs and arms made out like bandits. I do have a little bit of skin on both but not too bad! My inner thighs are a little loose but only at the very top. I do a lot of lifting at the gym and I've noticed that filling in that skin with muscle helps.. not perfect.. I'll never be perfect.. but I'm content for now! I may consider a thigh lift in the future. My PS says my arms are good and he doesn't think it would be worth the scar with the little skin that I have. As far as breast aug, my plan is to see how I like my "itty bitties" after they're lifted with my TT revision. If after 1 year I'm unhappy with the size/shape, I'll consider it. I'm going to give it adequate time. Right now I actually enjoy having smaller breasts... I'm a former 42 E! lol. I feel like my current cup size fits my frame size well! :)
I'll switch my comments over here since this is your "newer" review. I see you found Iferraro's page/review who is so the hand-down Queen of rockin' the Fleur de Lis! I have also seen some other beautiful fleur de lis, and i can only imagine that i will be a little jealous as I am pretty sure I will be left with some (hopefully acceptable) horizontal laxity - i think after being MWL, it is *almost* unavoidable....prior to surgery, i was grabbing fistfuls of flesh and pulling to midline just like you can....who knows what i have going on now as i am still so early in recovery??.....my doc is pretty against having it due to scarring and healing issues (two other docs i consulted with were pretty against it as well), but again, it does pull your waist sooo tiny and tight! I am definitely going to be watching!

One last before and after

This will likely be my last (or second to last) update before my revision on Friday! I'm more than excited to get through this and move forward in my life. Wish me luck! I'm hopeful I'll have the results I was hoping for last time!

Good luck to you!! Can't wait to see the after pictures :)
Whoo hoooo! Tomorrows the big day! Good luck and happy healing! BTW, you look fantastic! Congrats on the weight loss!
Thank you!! :) ♥

I made it!

Surgery went smoothly! I took my first shower today (had to face away from the water since I have my drains in) and I can tell I'm so much tighter than before. I don't really know how good the breasts look... the bloody bandages made me feel a bit woozy so I didn't analyze them lol... but I can tell they are very perky now too! I'll update with photos in a few days. :)

Now all that's left to do is save for a buttock lift and maybe an inner thigh lift. ?

3 days post-op

Swelling like crazy. Trying not to be too critical of what I'm seeing so far. I can already tell I'm much tighter than before... which is what I wanted! Pretty happy so far! Just need to be patient. Follow up on Thursday. My only other plan for future surgeries is a buttock lift (hopefully later this year).. I just want to feel confident in a swimsuit and shorts!

Girl that new tummy will be flat as a pancake! Keep the pics coming! How r u liking the BL? If I had opted BL only I may have only been a teensy bit larger than u!
You look great. Did this surgery include more muscle tightening? I had a TT about 6 years ago but am now about 30 pounds lighter and think I need to have a revision along with a butt lift but I really dread repeating the muscle tightening pain. I'm recovering from an arm lift and will do the breast lift next but to lower body work could be done in the Fall.
Yes, it did. I was told upon examination that my muscles were fine but when I woke up I was told he enlightened them. The pain stinks but it really is worth it to have the result you want. :)

7 days post-op

Super happy with my results. ?

Do glad you're doing great surgery twin! Had my TT same day. I really commend you on taking back your health, and doing what makes you feel good/look good. I'm inspired, I would love to be a distance runner. You earned this, good for you! Thank you for sharing your story.
♥ Hope you're doing well!
Yay seeing this gets me excited for my revision! 5 weeks to go!

Update

2 out of the 3 drains removed today with a few staples taken out too! Appointment Thursday to hopefully get the other drain out and the rest of the staples removed. I'm healing nicely.. dealing with a little bit of depression but not related to my results. Totally thrilled with the results! I think it's a combo of the pain meds and not being active (exercise and whatnot). I hate feeling rundown. Hoping for it to pass soon!

♥ :D Thanks! I'm sooooo happy with my results. When I first took the binder off to change my dressing post-op I almost cried I was so happy. My belly is super tight! That's what I wanted. Tight and shaped well! :)

Update - 2 weeks post

All drains and staples are out. Sadly, my incision has opened up where there were staples on my left hip towards my backside. I've been instructed to pack the wound/clean it daily. This really sucks.. I can't lie. It grosses me out.. and I worry about infection or being kept out of the gym much longer than normal.

Open wound.

Comparing my 13 DPO picture with the 15 DPO picture.. seems like even with wound care/packing it.. it's getting wider. :(

Don't worry-you will be shocked at how quickly those close. I had one too! Just kept it moist with bacitracin twice a day-don't let it dry out. Its really not a big deal at all!
Awwww....sorry about the opening! I'm not gonna lie....I know medically nothing catastrophic, but they gross me out too girl! I have a teeny one on my butt....I just cannot wait to have no holes on my body that God didn't put there....

A little over 3 weeks out!

Got two bikini's from Victoria's Secret. One is on the way (ordered online) and the other I bought in store! I can't wait for summer! My wound is healing more and more every day. It's not as deep as it once was and the color still looks good.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Over 3 weeks out (Pics didn't upload for some reason!)

Pics to go along with the post above! ;)

wow! what a huge difference, you look fabulous!!
Looking Great!! I'm planning my next surgery which will be a TT revision . I have dog ear and am also considering the horizontal incision to bring my waist in. I had a TT in 2011 and he closed me with staples...He now uses sutures and I scar much better with sutures verses staples... So we shall see if I do the horizontal cut. Will be following your healing. You look great and it definitely made a big difference in defining your waist. Thanks for sharing!
yay for new bikinis! your opening looks like it is healing well. My tiny lil' butt crack opening is **finally** no longer an opening but a scab...

Happy 4 weeks post-op!

My open wound has healed so much that I can no longer pack it! Still probably has a week or two before it's closed but it looks better with each passing day! I'm so happy with my results! My stomach is nice and flat and I love the curves.. and I'm so happy I got the breast lift! They're the perfect shape and size for my frame.. nice and perky too! I love my 36 B's! Happy I did NOT get the implants! I love them just the way they are

You LOOK AWESOME! I am a 36 B and love being that size! The Sexy Tee bras from Victoria's Secret are my favorite. Your tummy looks amazing as well! So happy for you! :-)
I've decided to proceed with a revision ( to be pulled tighter) and I hope I'll look as great as you
You look awesome. Hope I'll get such great results by getting getting revision IF I decide to proceed!

Week 6

Ended up having to exchange my bikini top! I guess I was swollen when I bought it. Same cup size, down a band size. 36 B to a 34 B. Loving my shape.. and back to the gym tomorrow.. hope this snow doesn't keep me from it! :)

You're looking like a lean machine. Love your cute glasses, too! Thank you for sharing your experience!
Thanks! :) I train hard at the gym! ^_^ The glasses are new.. totally fell in love with them when I tried them on! ♥
you look great! thank you for sharing =)

So I'm back at the gym!

I'm SO SO SO happy to be back there too. I missed it so much. Currently going every other day to do my sprint intervals and free weight heavy lifting. The first day back was this past Saturday and I trained arms/shoulder/chest. That went awesome and I was able to lift the same amount as pre-op. SWEET. Woke up the next day with chest tenderness, oh I missed that feeling in my muscles.

Yesterday - that was leg day. I seemed to struggle a bit more with leg day and that is normally my strongest point. When I was squatting at the squat rack I noticed the weakness I had in my core. I couldn't get as low as I normally could. Totally bummed me out because I wanted to drop it low to optimize my workout. I need to remember I'm still pretty fresh back in the gym game, and I did have a pretty good muscle repair 6 weeks ago. I still have issues getting up from laying down flat, so I'll attribute the issues with various free weight exercises that involve your core to the MR.

Baby steps, Jess. Baby steps.
I realize I won't be at my peak game still probably for some weeks.. but I'm a fighter and I know if I keep at it, I'll be back to normal and pushing my limits again soon!

Also almost forgot..

Got some new workout clothes to celebrate getting back into the gym and surviving this recovery. ;)

You look great! You have such great attitude! Your wound looks good, it will heal nicely, you'll see. Genuinely happy for you!
You look amazing! I just had preop for TT revision scheduled march 19. I'm stuck deciding for a full TT (it seems the MR failed?) and removing more skin with more lipo OR just removing skin and lipo hips and upper abd. PS recommends the mini. He is also the PS that did my original TT...poor results. I feel I need a complete TT but scared to go against his recommendation.....help!
All I can say is.. if you feel uncomfortable with his prior results and still have doubts.. RUN. Especially if you're PAYING for him to do the revision. I'm not a medical doctor so I can't really say what I think about the "mini tuck" or what would be best for YOUR situation and body, but I have a few friends who had it and weren't pleased with the outcome and ended up getting revision full TT's done. Please please please, get a free second opinion from another surgeon, or TWO! Get advice outside of that office if you're unsure of what he's telling you is what is best for YOU! The surgeon who did my first tummy tuck told me, if anything, I would just need "dog ear" removal.. totally avoided my concerns with the remaining loose skin. I decided to seek out opinions elsewhere. I did NOT feel satisfied with the way my first TT was done, or with how she handled my concerns as a patient. I'm SO SO SO thankful I listened to my GUT and sought out another doctor. It worked out better than I could have imagined. Not only did my current surgeon listen to my concerns, but he talked to me like I was a human being, I felt TOTALLY comfortable and trusting of my current surgeon (Dr. Hollins) and after what I went through before.. it was not easy to trust (that is, until I talked to him. :) ) Thank you for the compliment, and sorry for the long reply. Really, do research on surgeons in your area, get more than one opinion.. consults are typically free.. what's there to lose? There's a lot you can gain! I know I finally gained the results I wanted the first time by finding the best doctor for me!

Not much to update on TT wise..

I'm currently 1 week post-op emergency internal hernia repair, bowel twist, and bowel resection.. so I'm back to sitting on my butt for another 5 weeks. They cut out a few inches or so of intestine because it looked "questionable". Recovery from this is worse than the TT/BL.. that's for sure. :/
At least I'm alive..

What happened?
I had an internal hernia (Also known as a Petersen's Hernia). :(
How did they diagnose your hernia? I ask because I think there may be something wrong with my bowel or a hernia. I forgot to ask my surgeon about it when I saw him.

5 months post

5 months post-op

Feeling awesome. Lifting weights again finally!

5 months post-op

Feeling awesome. Lifting weights again finally!

Congrats!  What a huge scare :(.  So glad things are back to how they should be.

BTW, your TT scar looks great!  The vertical line is kinda cool looking, actually. :D
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely amazing in every single way. I've never met a more caring doctor before in my life until I met Dr. Hollins! I'm so thankful that I found him! His staff is very courteous as well.