SmartXide Dot Laser Hoping It Was Worth It! - Oklahoma City, OK

I had this procedure done January 8th. I will post...

I had this procedure done January 8th. I will post pictures daily and keep you updated on my progress. Procedure was as I expected, numbing cream applied for 1.5 hours. I did not want any meds but I was told if I took them I could relax more and they could be more aggressive, so I was given a Halicon and a anti anxiety pill. The procedure was a little uncomfortable around mouth and nose area. I am red and swollen which is to be expected. I have had no pain or discomfort at all. Keeping face moistured at all times during the day. Following all instructions. Can't wait to see what the results will be. I look pretty hideous right now but I am hoping in a few days I will be happy with the results.

Day 3

Day 20

Day 20

Before procedure and 20 days after

Rejuvena

Everyone seemed very informative, kind and caring. As far as my results time will tell.

I am in day 3 of the CO2 Laser. My face is still swollen, red and very itchy. I have a lot of thread marks which are making me nervous.
They will go away or at least mine did, I had them tho for about a month. I never had the itching...Good luck...
This itching is making me crazy. I cant sleep. I would go through the procedure again,but because of this itching I wont. I hope after all this I find it was worth it.
Liked your review, I am at the 2 week mark, my face looked very much like yours so far,thank you for sharing. Did you have a bad facial and head itching problem? You are looking good! My procedure was done on March 12. You give me hope.
I never had any itching at all. Actually it was all so good, I would not have know I had done anything if I didnt have the peeling or the swelling....
I have been talking to my PS about the Dot. The area around my chin and mouth are similar to the way yours looked before your procedure. Please let me know how you feel about that area as time goes on. My procedure will be $2400, so my expectation is huge.
I will go in next week for the 1 month follow up. The most improvement I see is around my eyes. I do not see a lot of improvement around my mouth. I have been told though that it will take 6 months to see the full results, since this prodecure regenerates your skin. I will try to get some photos up today of my current appearance. My procedure was reg $2500 but they ran a speical for 1/2 off. You may look into someone in your area that is doing a special. I was told by my PS (he does not do these procedures) that someone that has done a lot of them should know what they are doing.
Thank you so much. I do not know what to do, my PS says I will be happy with the results but I have not come across anyone who really feels it was worth it. I am also getting a facelift but realize the area around my mouth is my biggest concern, and am concerned about the extra $$$ and no results.
Will a facelift not help the area around your mouth better than a DOT?
No, a facelift does not address the area around your month. There might be a slight change, but if you have lines around your mouth and on your chin, according to the doctors I have talked to, a facelift will not help. One needs to do skin resurfacing, and what I am trying to find out is which one will give me the best result---there are so many. I know the "old" CO2 works but it is not used very often and with new technology I am looking for an alternative.
Oh wow I did not know that....I thought a facelift cured all lol!!!! I sure wish I could tell you more, but since they say it will be a few months before I know . I suppose you may have to have a couple DOT treatments if the first one doesnt improve it a lot. I have been told there is a laser that is really really deep and they put you under for that one. Here the cost is like 5K.
I had Dot laser on January 8th too.. My face looks horrible, red & swollen. I also have some track marks . Do you this as well? Also what has your PS gave you to use to help with healing ?
I used Aquaphor, and it worked wonderful.