Neck Lift and Mini Face Lift - Oklahoma City, OK

I think I Look 100 percent better. It is taking...

I think I Look 100 percent better. It is taking time to heal. I liked my doctor once I got to meet him which was the day of the surgery. I didn't lay eyes on him until then but I think he is pretty good at what he does. I am almost 58.My before photo was taken when I was 55. I weigh about the same now as I did then. You can see the difference is remarkable.

Dr.Nuveen is remarkable in his expertise.I look so...

Dr.Nuveen is remarkable in his expertise.I look so much younger and feel so much better than I did before.I also added a minimal temporal brow lift which evened out my face. I love it! I am still healing and things just keep improving.If any of you decide to get a facelift/brow and necklift be aware that it does take time to heal and time for nerves and muscles to regenerate. Also expect some stitches to work their way to the surface and have to be removed. I only experienced one small stitch infection behind my left ear and that was cleared up with antibiotics. I can call my doctor anytime I have a worry via cellphone and if you truly want to see yourself again instead of an old person you hardly recognize in the mirror, I highly recommend Dr. Nuveen. He is truly caring and helpful in every way. I have updated the cost which covers face, neck and minimal temporal brow lift. Dr. Nuveen also did a biopsy of a growth on my chest which turned out to be benign and now is healing quite well. I am thinking about getting something done, perhaps lazer at a later date.

I have added a new picture. This is me on my 58th...

I have added a new picture. This is me on my 58th birthday January 2013. I still haven't had my hair done but I wanted you to see me after I had my brow lift. Thanks to all of you for your encouragement. I am truly thankful for my surgeon and the surgery I finally had the courage to do.

One year later and I have had some issues arise

One side of my jaw line has fallen. I am going to get that corrected. I am also unhappy with the way my ears look now so I am going to get a procedure to correct that. They don't look like my ears as the lobes are pulled down. I think because of the natural pull of my neck and lower face lift. I am also going to get something done about the corners of my mouth because they seem to be pulling down more now. It may just be a matter of filler or something to lift them up again. My neck lift is very tight and one side is tighter than the other I think it is the reason I now have a portion that drops on my jawline on the right side. Don't expect perfection if you decide to get a facelift because everyone reacts differently. Just make sure you get a doctor who really cares about you.

This is me today March 7, 2014 No makeup! Chapped lips

I thought I would post another picture of me as my hair grows out from the cut I got last fall. I am "au' naturel'"no makeup! I am also suffering from chapped lips as I do nearly every winter. My natural hair color is dark but I will probably get it streaked. I turned 59 in January. I've lost a few pounds and I'm on a juicing, eating veggies, doing organics diet. I'm also doing facial and neck massage to get my lymph flowing.
Dr. Erik Nuveen

He has some very good credentials posted on his website. I did think when I called that I would be talking to him at some time before the surgery actually took place. The staff is nice and communicative in particular Nicole. My consultation took place online with photos I took and sent to Dr. Nuveen. That was a great feature, but I thought that would be followed up with an actual meeting with him and some before and after representations of what I might expect to look like and more detailed explanations of the procedures and what to expect well before the day of the surgery. I didn't get that. I did get to talk to him for awhile the day of the surgery. Before that, I talked to a nurse and all consulatation communication came from her. I think Dr. Nuveen is very busy and probably doesn't have time to spend one on one with each patient when you make that first call unless you specifically ask to speak to him personally, it isn't something they do automatically. After the surgery, I was given a sheet with his cell phone and he did call me three days at home after I had the procedure to check up on me and I truly appreciated that. The procedure was done at his facility and I had to sign papers that any revisions would cost from 500 to 1000.00 the first year and 2nd year respectively. I do expect to use Dr. Nuveen again, I think he is a very knowledgeable doctor. I think he does a very good job. However,I think I expected what I've seen on TV with plastic surgeons of why and what you want or showing you in pictures of yourself using morph technology or even in a mirror to show you what you might look like after a week or so before the actual surgery. I do appreciate hearing about him and seeing all the before and after pictures of previous patients. I hope to have a brow, forehead lift and ear lobe reduction soon after I heal from this surgery.

I know we are all our best worst critics, but you look fantastic!! I am gonna have the same thing done in the next few months!
Thank you! I wish you the best and please post pictures!
OMG...you look amazing. Congrats!!!!!!!!
Thank you so much!
Glad that it turned out good for you. But my facelift and nosejob went wrong. So I'm going for a nose revision surgery from Dr.Solomon's clinic in Toronto. Checking for his reviews because i don't want this to go again wrong.
I'm so sorry to hear that. Did you use Dr. Nuvene or another doctor? There is nothing worse than going in with expectations of what you want but the physician isn't proficient enough or doesn't care enough to do the work correctly. It is as good for people to know who to avoid as to know who does the job well. I am going to get some corrections done as well but will use another doctor I found in OKC who has a great rating and from what I've heard also has a great bedside manner and listens to the patient seriously and he also does fat/stem cell injections. I like doctors who are proactive instead of reactive and seriously analyses the patients face taking the patients concerns into consideration. Dr. Nuvene warned me that I would most likely have to have some tweaking. So,I knew that I would have to have some extra work done after things began to settle to make my face look exactly like me. I wish you the best in your corrective surgery. Having a great caring surgeon means a lot.
Just a guy from So. Calif. checking out the site per my wife's request (she's an Office Mgr for a Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon). Gosh... you don't look much different than when you were 17. What a babe. Cudos to Dr. Nuveen - but of course, he had good material to start with. Best wishes for the 2nd half of your life :-).
Thank you so much!
What a great result! Did you have any incisions under the chin? If not will he be doing any corrective surgery there or only in the jaw area? And the ear....what is the issue with it. From your pics everything looks normal...tks,grace
Thank you so much! Yes I do have one incision under the chin. Right now my ears are my major concern because my neck is so tight and the way he reattached my ear lobes makes my lobes look much longer than they did and there is no normal dip on the bottom of my lobe like there use to be. It may simply be because of being pulled down due to the tightness in my neck. My profile differs on each side with the right side being enough lower that it is noticeable. I can use my finger to very slightly pull up my skin on that side and they look equal when I do. I think lobe reduction surgery may be all I need and a little tightening on the right side. Or maybe botox in the neck to relax the muscles. I'm not sure, but I am going to go to a different doctor this time. I will post pictures when I get it done.
You look absolutely beautiful!
Thank you so much!
You look fabulous! I'm sorry you had the issues, that need to be corrected. Hopefully he will do it free of charge?
Thank you for caring! It won't be free of charge but that's ok I knew there would be tweaking to do. Nothing ever heals the same and nothing is ever perfect. It isn't bad enough that I can't live with it for awhile but I will be getting it corrected.
Your photos just now confirmed for me 100% I am definitely having a face lift. You look amazing!
Thank you! Everyone has different results and I am seeing some changes one year later that I would like to get corrected but that is common. I wish you the best in your endeavor to feel better about how you look. I know it has truly helped me, I got tired of seeing someone I hardly knew in the mirror and now I see ME again.
You are just beautiful! What a difference! I'm sorry that you need some tweaking...and I'm hoping that you are happier now. MyLady
Thank you! I will probably do the tweaking within the next year or two. Right now I have a new grand baby and lot on my plate. Life is good!
just have a question would restalin or rejuviderm give similar results?? just cheaper then surgery :)
Juvederm won't work to lift a neck or lower jaw line in someone who is very lax in that area. Juvederm will work temporarily in lifting small portions of the face but it isn't a lasting fix. It will also fill lines and plump/fill lines around the mouth but once again it must be redone as it is only a very temporary fix. Results with Juvederm only lasts a couple of years at the most.
Restylane last only 6 to 12 months so it isn't a long lasting effect. Here are two sites that give you information on both Juvederm and Restylane. Juvederm http://www.juvederm.com/Views/ Restylane http://www.restylane.com/Treatments/FAQ/How-long-does-a-Restylane-treatment-last/
wow very very impressed ! You look so much younger !!
Thank you! I feel younger too!
You look AMAZING! I am getting my surgery this Friday, reading everything on this forum, and getting more and more anxious and sorry for the people who have had awful outcomes.....then I see you!!!! Phew! If I can look only half as good as you I will be thrilled!!
Thank you very much! I am loving looking like me again! Wishing you a wonderful outcome on your surgery as well!