It Works, but YOU Have to Stick with It. - Oklahoma City, OK

I noticed my teeth moving after my wisdom teeth...

I noticed my teeth moving after my wisdom teeth came out. I wanted my teeth fixed, before it got crazy out of control, so I decided on invisalign, because I am 25 and looking for it for the same reasons you are.... Just say it. Vanity. Ok, now that we are over that.... I went to my normal dentist appointment, and asked for a referral because he didn't specialize in it. I made an appointment then in, they took pictures, did molds, which was the worst part. (They have to be just right.) I sat down with the doc, talked to him about the options, traditional vs invisalign, and we decided i would be a good candidate.

Then I got the financials all figured out and waited about 6-8 weeks until the trays came in. Then for the most part, I was on my own. I went in every few weeks to get new trays and make sure that I was doing well, just have to wear them for 22 hrs a day. Seems like alot, but just take it out for eating, brush your teeth, and put them back. New trays about every 2-3 weeks, which are tight at first, then your teeth make small adjustments, and you don't notice it in about 2-3 days.

I got "attachments" or "buttons" which move the teeth a little more agressively, from what I understand, and they did a little grinding between teeth to make room for movement, but thats me, and Obviously, Your treatment, and options depend on your teeth. But anyway, I've finished my set, and we decided a few very small adjustments needed to be made, so we took more molds, and I'm just waiting for them to come in. Then I'll most likely have a permentant retainer on the bottom and wear a top invisalign to bed only.

Pros are my teeth look great. It was easy, and my vanity is intact. ;) It took 6-8 months, for me...

Cons.... The success of your treatment is based on you and your ability to wear them. Cavities if you don't brush before putting them back in. Expensive, but for me, traditional would have cost more and taken longer. I hope it helps, but everything is dependent on you and how you comply with treatment. It's not bad, just do it.

I ended up having 3 refinement trays. Which lasted...

I ended up having 3 refinement trays. Which lasted 6 weeks, it wasn't too bad. I just had my permanent retainer placed in the bottom, and that took some getting used too, I had a lisp for a quick second, but after adjusting to the invisalign, it's an easy switch. (it rubbed the tip of my tongue raw, but now it's healing and all is well.) I have a new top tray, that I was told to wear 24/7 again for now, next appointment is a 4 week follow up.) I used Orthodontic Associates on LHP. They were great about getting me all the little things I needed, retainer cases, "chewies," (little minty green things to help seat the trays to your teeth,) and all the usual stuff, toothbrushes and stuff are by the sinks just in case you forgot to brush. But let it be known that they keep track of all the times you move or change your appts, kinda strange, but understandable.
Orthodontic Associates

Loved them, but they have about 5 docs that rotate all over the place. It's hard to get to know one... Or for one to know you.

So it sounds like you are pretty much all finished up - how exciting!! Are you loving the way your teeth look??

Can you give me the phone number of the place you went to? I'm thinking about getting invisalign my self and I live in oklahoma city.

It sounds like you have done really well with your treatment overall. Have you been told how many refinement trays you will need, or is that something you will find out at your next visit?