Ready to Get Rid of the Spare Tire - Ohio

I am a mom of 3 well 4 if you count my husband lol...

I am a mom of 3 well 4 if you count my husband lol. I have decided to have a tt with lipo on inner thighs and hips/flanks. I also have RA and fibromyalgia and my "double bubble" as my doctor put is putting alot of strain on my joints. That is partaially why I am doing this. I also hate that I have to spend a ton of money to buy clothes that still don't really fit because I have big hips and a smaller waist and nothing fits right I'm tired of feeling miserable in my own body.

I will admit I have been going back and fourth every other day because of the cost but I'm going to go for it because I know I won't regret it. So here I go Wooooooo Hooooooo!!!!!

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Hello all I am 5 days out of surgery and today I finally fell kind of normal. The first two days were horrible!!! I through up twice from going to the bathroom & back omg it was painfull. Got my first shower yesteday that made me feel a little better. I think I have thrush on my tongue from my advair if I don’t drink or rinse my mouth out after I use it, it can cause thrush. Its very painful even to drink liquids but its getting better day by day. Well its nap time so ill write again :)

Sassy I just ran across your story. How did the lipo turn out? How about your TT? Hoping you are happy with your results. Would love to see afters for others considering the same procedures.

I second that LadyNomadica. I would love to see the transformation!!!!
Would love to see your after pics!! Seems like you've had an amazing journey!
Thank you so much for your response. It just reassures me that I'm doing the right thing. Like move said. I'm not looking to be a supermodel just to look normal and feel good about myself. To find a pair of pants that fit good. Wear a normal shirt with out worrying about it covering the bulge in my pants or the bump over top of my pants. LoL soooooo looking forward to it. Good luck with the thigh lift.
Wow girl we are very similar in our shape. I am sched 3/9/12. I can't wait. Are you scheduled yet? You mentioned your double bubble. Are you referring to your "bump" which is very similar to my bump? If so what is your doctor saying some side effects are of having that??? I am really eager to follow your journey since we look so much alike. Good Luck!!!
Well.... I just now read your comments and realize you had this done already. I am anxious To see some after pics and hear how you feel about your tummy results and how you felt afterwards. Just out of curiosity what is your before and after sizes as far as pants go?? if you don't mind my asking.
My pant size before surgery was between 20-18 now I'm in a 14-12 depending on if I can get them over my upper leggs. I am soooo happy with my TT I have RA so my knee would swell & hurt all the time Since surgery it's only hurt maybe once. I feel so much better about how I look. I looks like I got a boob job now my stomachs gone LOL. I was wearing 2X shirts now in a L. Now to get my legs fixed (I'm putting profile under thigh lift page) and then that should do it for a while :)
It's been a while since I've been on so here is my update. I'm getting a thigh lift on 1/31/12 the lipo wasn't enough I still have what my daughter calls my lumps at the tops of my inner thigh. It's hard to find pants to fit over them so I have to get a size bigger to fit my legs. Getting a little nervous but I can't wait to get it done and over with. I'm going to put my after pic's up if I remember lol
Hi, girl! Haven't heard from you in a while. I just had my procedure done nine days ago and thought I'd check on your progress. Hope to hear from you soon.
Hi. I am now 3 weeks post op, following a tummy tuck and complete hysterectomy, and I am ecstatic about the changes that are occuring in my body. I have always been extremely self conscious about my stomach, particularly the "mother's apron", which used to hang over my vaginal area. For the first time in my adult life, I can actually look in the mirror and see my vagina without having to lift my stomach out of the way. In fact, I just ordered $150.00 worth of lace bikini underwear. Trust me, it is the BEST investment that you can make in yourself. You won't regret it!!!
Glad to hear you are enjoying your new tummy! I am looking forward to not having to lift my belly with one hand while trying to groom with hand!
LOL. Guess all of us in this forum have the same problem before TT ;)Hilarious but true.
are u having just the tummy tuck or the whole circumference? all around tummy tuck (from the front all the way around your waist and back?) im asking because i just got the front TT and i still have rolls/fat..when i sit down i have a roll on my side...i hate it so much ..after paying all this money..but it does look alot better then what it did remind you..but i guess now i got to go my work now and loose some more weight...a surgeon can only do so much eh? because as u saw i wasnt at my ideal weight either before the TT! i just hope that once i start loosing some weight that my tummy isnt going to go real bad again..looser...because i ahve stretch marks all over!! hope to hear from u!
I am having a full tt with lipo on hips and flanks stomach and inner thighs. Im not sure how far he will cut though.
You are going to look amazing because your body has curves already. Good luck!
You're gonna love the new you :)
Don't feel guilty about your decision. I felt guilty too but I quickly realized it was something I needed to do. It will improve the way you live your life for sure! I'm only 3 days post-op and I feel like it's one of the best decisions I've made in a long time! Now I'm ready to conquer the world!
Does anyone know do you have to wear the compression girdle or is it up to your dr? Well I have my pre testing this tuesday then the count down begins :)
DO IT! YOU WILL BE AMAZED AT THE RESULTS!!
I too felt guilty about the money but at some point we gotta take care of ourselves! I am sooo glad I did it, even with the minor complications (spot on tt incision not healing as fast as the other sections)... SO WORTH IT! I can't wait until I can exercise again!

Good luck! It's a really big deal and a longish recovery, but when all is said and done, I think most women are happy they did it. Try not to feel guilty. You'll be healthier and happier with a slimmer middle.