Tummy Tuck and Lipo - Ohio

I am a married mother of three boys. Im 38....

I am a married mother of three boys. Im 38. 5'6" and weigh between 135-140 lbs. After the birth of my third child, my stomach muscles did not return to the previous shape.

After talking with two plastic surgeons, and determining that I have diastasis...I decided what the he'll and threw in lipo of my thighs while I'm at it!

I'm scared as he'll, because I'm afraid of the unknown. And I hate taking the money away from my family, but God love my husband, he just wants me to be happy! We even put off getting a bigger house so I can do this!

I'm looking at the December for the surgery (for time off work!) I'm so excited!Updated on 9 Oct 2011:Date set of 12-15-11!!! I can't wait!Updated on 14 Dec 2011:Surgery tomorrow morning!!! I'm a nervous wreck! It doesn't help that my 15 month old is sick!!!Updated on 22 Dec 2011:Ok, I'm alive. Recovery hasn't been too terrible! Aside from the fact that I can't stand to be out of my compression garment - I get dizzy and light-headed. Is this normal?

I think I'm going to order an extra compression garment so I have something to wear while I launder this one. Any good websites to order from?

As for the lipo, that's really what hurts the most...

I had a drain removed yesterday and I'm on schedule to have the other one removed Friday! Merry Christmas to me!!!

Had last drain removed yesterday! Big hurdle!!!...

Had last drain removed yesterday! Big hurdle!!! Got a new garment because the other one didn't fit right....I love this new garment...smooth and silky! Went to the grocery store and took a shower! Woo hoo!!
Dr.carp

Very professional and to the point. Loved his office staff and nurses.

Hey another Ohio-ian! I'm originally from Toledo
Anywho checked out Ur post op pics & they look great! For 2 weeks you don't look like u have any swelling at all! Your pre op body was fab anyway & your results really reflect that! Congrats!!
Trish-looking REALLY good!! Yay!!! Exciting stuff! :)
You look great girl!
Thank you!!!!!!! Each day gets better!!!
You look really great for less than two weeks out! Nice job on the scar and very similar to mine. Are you hppy so far? How is the swelling? The worst part is bind you now, so happy healing!
I think it looks great. You have to be thrilled with the results. I agree with you that the lipo is the worst part!
Can't wait to see some updated pictures! Glad to hear that you are doing so well.
How is caring for your 15 month old baby going? When I have my tt in Feb, my youngest son will be 17 months old. This is what has me the most stressed out, taking care of him. I am having MR so I will not be able to lift him for awhile. My husband is taking 8 days off, then mother in law will help till I reach 2 weeks post op, then husband and my mom will help as much as they can.
Did you have MR? How is the care taking going with your baby?
Taking care of baby is hard, but hubby helped! I would hold him to give him a bottle if someone put him on my lap. I could feed him in his high chair, but no baths or diapers for me (darn). Now that I have my drains out I can pick him up only if I have my compression garment on....just take it easy and do it at your own pace! You can do this if I did....I'm a typical giver mom...so I fought with this being selfish, but I have a great hubby and 2 older kids that helped so much!!!
I completely understand your nervous anticipation. The funny thing is (and hopefully this will also happen to you!) once I awoke that day I was calm and confident with my decision, and had no anxiety whatsoever. It was strange, but a very relaxed feeling that came over me. Please keep us updated!
2 more days!!! I am a nervous wreck! I can't sleep a full night and imhave so much work to do beforehand!!!
Wow! Your photos look amazing! I'll be off work until the 3rd...hopefully the recovery goes a-ok! Ive read many many horror stories...but also wonderful stories!! I'm such anervous wreck!!!
I live about 45 mins. from you! Any questions/concerns/problems just send me a message! I am excited for you. It isn't the easiest thing to go through, but in the long run it is worth it.
Canton....cant wait! One week!!
Can you share the doctor's name you used? If it has to be private, I'll give you another e-mail address for contact.
Sure, i went to dr. Carp. AWESOME! He's not touchy feely - neither am I, so it fit for me. My husband works at the hospital and his reputation is a perfectionist....and so far I am very happy! His nurses are awesome and his office manager is so sweet. Very nice place.
Where are you at in Ohio?
Good Luck, Relax and update!
It so normal to go from scared to excited, and to even panic. This is a great site for support and advice. I would not have felt as confident without this site. Your date will be here in not time.
I'm a nervous wreck! My baby had tubes this morning and I was at the same surgery center I will be at in December! I'm scared to death....but I'm excited at the same time....
Hello there, can congrats on your decision. It is a long, hard road but even with an upcoming scar revision I am happy that I did this. These boards are a blessing! Keep us posted.
It's so scary, but so exciting!! Good luck with yours!!!
Congrats on your decision and good luck! It is great to hear your husband is so supportive. I comepletely understand about the money guilt. There is always something else that could be or should be done with it so why not now? Right? My TT is scheduled in November. I can't wait!