I did it!!! So thankful and Grateful!! Columbus

I find this site to be so helpful and thank you...

I find this site to be so helpful and thank you ladies for sharing your stories. I feel prepared and ready for this journey. I went in today for consultation I'm waiting to find out my date. I was told that I would get a call by Friday. I have been wanting a tt seems like forever but I started seriously considering within the last 12 months. I have a belly full of unattractive stretch marks and a pouch that is easy to hide under clothes. I'm ready to feel completely sexy in my skin..

uploaded a pic

I'm a little irritated because the scheduling nurse didn't call me and I would like to put in my leave from work ASAP ... The doctor suggested I loose 20 lb back in March when I first contacted the office for post op recovery. I lost 22 lb in 7 weeks (the healthy way) with exercise and watching what I eat. I was 218 lb and now 197 lb. I'm going to continue to workout and eat healthy but I don't want to be skinny. I like my curves.

pics

the date is set !!!!

I got the call that I have been waiting for my sx date....It is set for July 8, 2014. I can start buying supplies now.

a list of things to start buying and pricing

My list of things to buy include......
*silicone tape
*cough drops
*maxi-pads
*stool softener
*ab board
I may need more supplies but this is to name a few...

food
*protein shakes
*pineapples
*plenty of bottled water
*crackers
*low sodium foods

I will prepare meals the day or two before so I don't have to cook.

looking for a good compression garment

so far I have purchased the bulk of my supplies I have been searching the Internet for a good compression garment preferably one that zips... I looked at a site that also sells ab boards to prevent lines the garment may cause... not sure if I need that just yet. I've read a few reviews where people bought a walker and it helped, so I don't want to spend alot of money so I'm going to call to local thrift stores and check craigslist... Well time is slowly ticking almost a month till I'm flat!!!

bought protein shake to try

less than 30 days !!! I'm ready

I have officially started crossing off the days on my calender less than 30 days until I'm flat. I'm still working out and taking my vitamins.

pre-op appointment tomorrow

time has really flying by.... its getting real. My pre op appointment is tomorrow and I am excited. I have made a list of questions to ask my ps. My surgery is next week do you ladies have any pre surgery advice?????? In one week I will be joining all you sexy flat ladies!!!

5 days until ....

I have 5 days to go and I am so ready.. My honey stopped by his dad's yesterday and he called me like "guess what i got" and I'm like what?? His father was having a yard sale and had two medical walkers for sale, and he got one of them for me.. lol sounds crazy to be so excited about getting a medical walker.. But that was the last thing on my list that I wanted to get, and its practically new and he didn't charge him! My mom and fiance will be there with me and my mom is going to stay a day or two to make sure I'm ok. Love her dearly!! Shes my rock.

God is good!! Thank you Jesus

God is so good to me!!! I'm so grateful I made it through surgery. Surgery was about 3hrs long. The staff was wonderful I felt in good hands. Sooo my update 1 day post op is little discomfort, taking 2 meds every 4 hrs trying to stay ahead of the pain. Sleeping in recliner first night was ok cat naps here and there. I have 2 drains in the front and recording drainage. I thank God I'm ok and now praying for a healthy mild pain recovery in Jesus name.. Happy healing

5 days post op

5 day post op

Day 5 I made it !! Lord knows I'm so over these drains and this recliner!!! My update for you is at day 5 I am completely off meds yay. No pain just discomfort in my lower abdomen and little stinging where the drains are when I'm up walking. I do have Motrin on hand if I need it. I do have a muscle crap in my lower left leg ?!? Not sure what that's about praying nothing serious????!! Will post update in a day or two. Oh and my appetite is normal. I eat oatmeal or toast and eggs for breakfast a protein shake or yoplait fruit smoothie throughout the day lunch fruit and yogurt maybe pbj dinner something lite little or no sodium.

I hated the drains too. I had to wear one for 8 days and the other for 11! I know the feeling, but you'll get there girl. Before you know it you'll be feeling better and moving around easier. Your results look good! I like that you're doing the no sodium, I think it helps a lot with the swelling. Happy healing doll! : )
How did you know what size garment to buy since everyone talks about swelling.
your ps will give you one to wear when you leave and instruct you to wear it for two weeks .. maybe longer. I bought the Golds Waist trainer for $10.00 off Walmart's website. It is adjustable to the size you need. I read another girls review and she bought it and worked just fine for her. I tried it on when I bought it and it has 5 zippers so you can make it fit and take in if you need
Thank you I really appreciate how you always respond back (with good information). I pray you are healing well.
I'm doing good especially now those annoying drains are out. Thanks for your prays hun!
I am glad everything went well! I bought the vedette 136 but I didn't wear it for several weeks. I was too swollen. Hope healing is going well!
Did you purchase the abdominal board? I think I may need one. I'm wearing the marena group compression garment with leg support and I think I need more compression at the top of my abs. The garment might be making a crease also. Happy healing!!
@brooklyn01 I used the marena CG as well for 3 months. I too felt as if I needed more compression in the same area. The board and lipo foams are excellent for extra compression. I have 2 lipo foams and I love them. It really works. when ever o feel bloated I put them on at night time and remove in the morning. I stay flat all day. Great investment !
Ladies, I'm happy you are healing well. Could one of you please elaborate on CG, board and lipo foams? Are these necessities? Where did you purchase them? I'm having lipo on thighs and arms and tummy tuck and want to make sure I know what I need to be prepared. Thank you.
I have not bought the ab board yet but I will the pink room is the website they have cgs and 3 boards to choose from
The pink room is the website
Thank you.
As for the lipo foams, I only use them inside any garment over night. I purchased it online. Just type in lipofoam and it will show up.
Thank you. It's so wonderful being able to get advise. Good night.
No problem thats why we all here for :)
Congratulations sweetie !
Praise God for his goodness. I'm praying for you and look forward to more updates.
Hello....how did your surgery go? Hope all is well. Mine is tomorrow.
I'm fine thanks for asking. Good luck today
Ready set lets go. You got this!! May God continue to keep you. I pray that u have a safe uneventful recovery in Jesus name. Please keep us posted on your status thxs