In Need of Advice...- Ohio, OH

I'm looking to get my ankles, calfs, knee, outer...

I'm looking to get my ankles, calfs, knee, outer thigh and medial thigh lipoed. I've struggled with this area for a majority of my life and I want to get rid of it once and for all. I'm 24... 5'1...122 pounds. I'm willing to travel out of state, but I am looking for help as far as shuttling to and from a hotel. I also want to finance through the surgical facility itself rather than carecredit or any other credit card.Please share your opinion and don't sugar coat. I need to know what will work best for me! Thanx!

My expectations

I do go into this knowing results may not lead to expectation but I want smaller legs so bad...and I really am unsure of what procedure is best. Thigh lift? Lipo? A specific lipo? How do I know if I have good skin elasticity in my legs?

Check out my workshop photo

It's been awhile but I'm on here all the time!

I've scheduled my procedure with Dr. Stoker and am getting lipo to my arms and full leg :)
I'm scheduled for December 4th and have a Skype interview with him this Tuesday as I have many questions! Any suggestions in order to get ready for this procedure would be great! Are there any extra things I should buy to make my recovery a lil easier? I will be traveling alone and plan on staying in an aftercare facility the first night which happens to be really expensive, but I'm scared being alone on the first night. It's only a month away and I'm nervous and excited...not to mention I only told a couple people. I want to keep this private and am hoping I can find the support on here rather than telling everyone who sees me everyday. I feel like this will change my life dramatically and how I feel about myself. My expectations aren't anywhere near supermodel but just an overall better appearance. I need the ego boost. In the end this is the best gift I could give myself. I will keep updating and let you know how my overall journey turns out as well as my results from Dr. Stoker.
Sincerely-SUPER ANXIOUS!

A few recent pics...

I've gained weight since the last time I updated 6 months ago. So everything's bigger. Dr. Stoker will be taking care of that tho ;)

It's getting closer!

Everything is getting put in order and set for my surgery date. I had the Skype interview with him and we went over my two pages of questions. He's very kind and experienced with a humble attitude. Three more weeks :)

Less than two weeks :)

Although I have been receiving quite a bit of mail from ppl who are against cosmetic surgery, I still believe this is still matter of my own research and what I believe is the best move for myself. I understand and acknowledge your advice yet my years of undecisiveness and constant research have to mean something. I have chosen a reputable doctor and have realistic expectations. Having said that what I'm looking for on this site is support rather than telling me what could go wrong and what I may end up with. The risk alone is already on my mind please support my decision rather than convince me to take another route. My decision is final and I'm looking forward to whats in store...

I have ordered a pre and post op kit so that I heal faster as well as compression stockings. Everything's booked and in order now I play the waiting game! So anxious and excited to get there!

4 more days til I'm Cali bound :)

And 5 more days til my surgery!
Very excited! Chores at home getting done post op and my bag is halfway packed...papers in order...prescriptions ready. Let's do this ;)

had my procedure today...now comes the hard part...

so the procedure went well and all i needed assistance with was walking to the car. but it wore off fast and i was on my feet within the half hour of me leaving. I have no pain just a little sore on my calfs but barely noticable. I am taking pain meds but i only took one dose and that was 10 hours ago and im fine :)
On another note im dissapointed with my arms...although im swollen and full of fluids he didnt lipo on the one part im insecure about. How do i know he didnt lipo there? ...because im not bruised there and a flab of fat is buldging out like it always has : /
So i went back up there! only an hour or so after i had left i went back to tell him im not happy with my arms lol. He politely told me i need to go home and get some rest and that im just swollen and full of fluids. I just hope hes wiilling to do something about my buldge because i want my moneys worth!! So im looking foward to meeting with him tomorrow. wish me luck!

I just had my last visit with the dr!

Well there's really nothing I can do now but wait. Swelling will take six weeks!! I will post pics when I see difference!

Back Home!

The airplane ride was a little uncomfortable and I was a little nauseated towards the end but I'm home and comfortable and ready to see my final results. A new wardrobes in my future ;) so excited!

So impressed!

I have to give props to Dr. Stoker. He did an amazing job on my legs :D
I recommend him to anyone looking for the same work because of their similar insecurities. Today is also Day One of no pain. I can stretch now without a problem. May I also mention I am still taking post op meds that I bought from makemeheal.com and have come to realize how important massaging your lower legs are in this particular operation. Because I had my ankles calves and knees done my swelling was worse than I expected a week after my surgery. And stayed excessively swoll for a total of 5 days or so. But because of massage it has helped tremendously. I love taking off my garment to shower lol

Little discouraged...

Ok here's what's going on with me...I'm feeling like I paid far too much for me to look at myself and say it looks ok...he could and should have taken out more fat. My arms still have the fat deposits i originally went there to have removed and legs have fat deposits as well in the same problem areas. For 10 thousand I expected so much more :/ not to mention the extra 3500 I spent to come out to marina del Rey!! This is week 3...so I'm halfway to my completion. But I really need to talk to them about this I shouldn't feel Ike this and be out of money and taking time off work for just ok. I thought everything looked sooo good but now that bruising is gone and I'm healing I still feel so big. Very depressing.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

I felt rushed almost every time I talked to him yet he's very polite and has a great attitude. I assume he's a very busy man with a lot to do so I don't take it personally although I would have enjoyed a better patient/doctor connection. Wendy and Bri are awesome and helped me through most of it :) very generous very caring. 4 more weeks and I will update my results....I should also mention that when my swelling was excessive Dr. stoker made it a point to call and see how I was doing :)

Stoker did a horrible job on me. Very poor communication, rushed consultations. He liposuctioned 8 areas of my body, one which was not consented and recommended at least 10 lipo procedures including my cheeks when I am tall and thin. I feel I looked anorexic after surgery and lost my feminine curves. I still have pain 8 months after the procedure. There are more inappropriate things that I felt I experienced at that office but I don't want to go into detail right now. I would never recommend him.
Can you post some post op pics? I can understand being discouraged but give your body the time it deserves. I have a friend who had lipo and she had great final results. I ask her a million questions all the time and we compare. But one thing she says for sure…your body changes everyday and you truly don't see the FINAL results until month 6. She said you feel 100% at about month 3-4. But swelling comes and goes randomly for a while longer. If things do not start to go from OK to fantastic at month 6 I would ask your doctor what kind of revisions he can do at no extra charge.
Try not to be discouraged. Actually pretty much every dr says it takes a full 4-6 months to see the final result. I am 10 weeks out and have good and bad days with my results. Lately, by evening, my stomach looks really bloated, especially when sitting..it's gross and looks almost as bad as before..then the next am...totally flat..anyway,hang in there you have a lot of time to shrink up! :)
I'm glad you went ahead with your surgery and hope you are doing well. We would like to see some updates from your surgery. Make sure you are up and walking as much as you can!
I will def post some pics soon :)
how much is he charging you? i know everybody is different and i am sure he customizes, but just to have an idea. thank you and good luck!
The total came to 10,150. I also received a discount. I have been researching and have had quite a few consultations and his prices are the most reasonable. His results from his before and after are awesome which is why u originally chose him. When his patient coordinator Wendy told me the total cost I was ecstatic. If you don't mind me asking what work are you considering getting done?
hello there! i actually already had my procedure… i had lipo on my inner/outter thighs and hips. i like knowing the prices cause i think i paid too much (8,600), but of course, i rather pay more and get the results i want, than pay less and be disappointed. let me know if you have any questions! PS: not all the area lipo'd will get bruised, i actually just got a lil bit of bruising on my hips, but the shape changed, so there is a lot of hope for you
thank you so much for that tip about the bruising i really needed to hear some good support from here! how long did it take for your swelling to go down??
i took bromelain and arnica montana, and i think it helped a lot. bruising was gone in a week and swelling in about 4 weeks, but by week two i was already looking good, it just kept getting better.
Why don't you have any pictures? I'm curious to see your transformation...so glad to here everything turned out great for you it only makes me more anxious to see my results!
well… i have a few tattoos and i am in the military, so i didn't want to post anything that can be tracked down to me. don't get me wrong, i am completely pro surgery, but it would look like me (as a military person) is endorsing a specific procedure/doc… so it wouldn't be good...
O ok I understand :) and it's week two for me and you were right the results are showing and I know they're only going to get better!
hey there, i sent you a personal note in your inbox. I hope you received it.
I certainly did
My results are better than I expected and the procedure was completely safe. Everyone who is against surgery like you should really think twice about sending long messages with everything bad that could possibly go wrong. What a messed up way to scare someone into not doing it. I understand your concern but keep it for your family and friends. My results are not only phenomenal but the risk was so minimal that your input was far to excessive and out of line. Happy holidays and try and stay out of people's inboxes with negative feed...
Dont do anything, youre very beautiful already, trust me, you have a shape, if you decide to take the fat off i think itll bring you to a much linear look, losing your woman curves. Also wherever you take the fat off it will come back elsewhere making you start from square 1 because then you will have another problem area that you will hate. If you want the facts and they are all over these reviews I can send them to you, if not I hope all goes well. But I wouldnt do such an extreme procedure so soon. Refer to this checklist if this surgeon can have another consultation with you. I say ask him all of these questions and dont be intimidated by him. And if he doesnt tell you the truth you know he doesnt have your best interest. http://www.liposuction.com/checklist.html
I agree! My result was awful and it has been 8 months and my thighs look deformed!. I also have trouble with the gracilis muscle in the inner thighs being tight and had to go to PT to help. I also agree with Faith about the fat going elsewhere after surgery. I have a larger waist now and never had that problem before... had an hourglass waist before.... truly consider losing weight, yoga and exercise before you let someone deform you.... You will also need more than a few days off when you do your entire leg due to swelling and bruising all the way to your feet! At best, reconsider doing the inner thighs, that was the worst for me as my "board certified plastic surgeon" was overly aggressive in my case.
Hey AlaLipoonthighs what did your physical therapist do for you? What you describe i have on my waist but i would describe it more like i have wood inside the side of my waist making me unable to stretch, i wish i could do yoga like before and i CANT! ugh this is a nightmare
Who was ur PS?
I had to work on stretching and strengthening the gracilis muscle (inner thighs) because it tightened up and still is not like it was but is getting better. I have a roller called "The Stick" that I got from the PT that I roll over it too to loosen the area. I have finally been able to go back to yoga a few months ago, which helps a lot. I am 8 months post-op now.
He is board certified and in Alabama. I don't want to put his name on here.
How ridiculous why not? You'd rather not help the next person?
I just dont want to slander someone's name. I took the risk. I am getting better. So glad yours went well.
It's not slander/libel unless you are telling a falsehood that you know is not true. In order for someone to prove slander or libel the person whom the remark is against must prove you the person making the claim is lying or trying to cause intentional harm to his or her reputation. As a rule, your own opinion based on your experiences will not constitute slander or libel. So, expose this licensed professional who you feel has cause you permanent personal injury or deformity. You're anonymous anyway. No worries, unless of course you're not telling the truth, then it's best to keep his or identity yourself.