Ready to Feel Comfortable in a Bathing Suit! - Ohio

I am having BA on Feb. 23rd. I am 5'4"...

I am having BA on Feb. 23rd. I am 5'4" and 100ish lbs. I have 2 children. An 8 year old little girl and a 5 month old little boy. Both were breastfed for the first 3 months. I am currently a 32 A (that may be an exageration). I am having 325cc Smooth round Mentor Saline implants filled to 350cc placed subpectorally. For the last few weeks I have soooo anxious and scared about the surgery. Now, after reading about recovery from all the ladies on here I am so excited! I would love to hear any recovery tips ect. from you ladies that have been down this road. I so can't wait to finally be comfortable in a bathing suit!

I am 1 day post op! I am feeling great! My...

I am 1 day post op! I am feeling great! My surgery went great. The surgical facility treated me like a queen. I did not feel anxious like I had anticipated. I woke up from surgery and the first thing I said was "28 years and I finally have boobies". It cracked my husband up. I am sore but would not describe the sensation as pain at all. It feels like I did 100 push ups then my milk came in for all those women that have had children. I have only taken the surgical bra off a couple of times, but so far I am loving what I see. The only thing I would change at this point is to have had this done many years ago! I will be posting before and after pictures Sunday when I take my marcaine pump out. I ended up getting 300cc saline, round, moderate profile implants placed under the muscle my left is filled to 325cc and my right is filled to 338cc.

I am now 10 days post op and couldn't feel better!...

I am now 10 days post op and couldn't feel better! I have NO pain, my incisions are healing nicely, and my breasts look great! I am so thrilled with the results. They are so much softer than I thought they would be. I spent an hour or so tonight trying on all the clothes that I always hated because of my flat chest. I loved the way each and every thing looked on me. I finally feel complete. I know that may sound shallow, but my flat chest was a source of concern for me for so long. I could never just accept the fact that I was flat chested. I would wear padded bras, heck who am I kidding I would layer them : ) It feels so liberating to be sitting here in a tank top with no bra and not feel uncomfortable. I am so incredibly glad that I did this! I am now fully able to care for my 5 month old baby on my own, drive and do just about everything I did before my procedure. I have taken no pain meds since the second day post op. I had my first post op appointment with my PS 2 days ago. He showed me the massage techniques to help reduce capsular contracture.

I am now 4 weeks post op and loving life! I am...

I am now 4 weeks post op and loving life! I am feeling great, no pain at all. I removed the last of the steri strips from my incision a week ago and the scarring isn't bad at all. I am using Mederma on them daily to help the fade a little quicker. I have full range of motion in both arms and full strength. I was fitted for a bra last week and to my surprise I am a 30-32 D. My worst fear was being a D cup, but they really don't look that big and I am thrilled with them. I have been doing the massage suggested by my PS 3-4 times a day and they have softened up quite a bit. My right is still up a little higher than my left at this point. My husband says he can't tell, but I can. I am sure that will pass in time. I love my new chest and all the new clothes I have gotten to go with them. Yesterday I had on a bathing suit for the first time! I have NEVER felt so comfortable in my own skin. No regrets from this gal!
Dr. Christopher Reeder

Dr. Reeder was wonderful! His bedside manner was great. He did a great job talking to both myself and my husband. His office staff has taken tons of time with me and I never felt rushed. He put all my worries to rest. I would recommend him to anyone! My only concern is long wait times for appointments.

Wondering how you feel now. I am considering the procedure with saline. I have read so many that have little breast tissue like me to go with silicone gel implants because you may wrinkle or be able to feel the implant. I am wondering now that your swelling has gone down how you like the implants? Do they feel natural? Can you feel them (edges) when you do the massage? Please give us an update if you are still following this site. Much Thanks
Hi Bruglj3316! It was so nice to read your story...I can totally relate. Congrats on your surgery and hope your recovering well. Can't wait to see pictures...we sort of have the same frame so I get extra excited when there is someone similar to my build!
Can't wait to see the before and after photos! Hope you are recovering well :-) My surgery is on Thursday, March 1st!
I know! I can't wait to fill out a swimsuit without the help of my big bra inserts! I was always so worried they would float away I never actually swam.

February 23rd will be here before you know it! Thank you so much for sharing your story so far with us on RealSelf. You're going to have fun shopping for swim suits this summer! Woot!