Breast reduction, asymmetry and lift.

Back pain, neck pain, bilateral asymmetry, not...

Back pain, neck pain, bilateral asymmetry, not able to do any physical activities like running, rashes and grooves in shoulders. Like most of you, I have battling huge sagging breasts since I have been 9 years old. WORST of all my right breast is around 2 cup sizes larger then my left breast and they sag. The left one is 36D and right is 36DDD. My nipples have also become different sizes.

I have had two kids and I am now 27 and its time to get rid of this physical and emotional pain once and for all. I cant wear a bathing suit or any bra without it looking really bad. The right boob pokes out of ever bra I wear, and I am so ashamed of them. FINALLY I got an approval from insurance and now that its realistic I am starting to back out slowly.

My doc is gr8. He told me he will lift them really well during surgery, but he I will only be a Bigger b cup or smaller c. I think A ,B CUP is small but at this point, I will do anything to get rid of this nasty sight, thats how emotionally drained I am. Then I have those close family members who are judgmental and say I dont really need it, please look at the photo and give me your advice. Most people who say I dont need it, have not seen them bare.

I am worried about the recovery and the surgery. How will I breathe during surgery? What is the pain like after. I have a 5 month old baby who is about 18 pounds, will I Be able to hold him?, if not for how long? I also have a three year old who is needy. I plan on breaking the news to mother tomorrow so that she can help.. How long will I need her for after surgery, as shes real busy. Will the pain be unbearable? Is this something I can totally hide under my shirt after say a week or so?

I have lots of family functions and I dont want them to notice I am missing more then a week. Like will I be able to get dressed and hide this a week later..? ALSO do they put a breathing tube down my throat? I am so scared. Please someone who has done this with kids give me some advice. Do they look that bad? Should I GO FOR IT? Is it worth it?

Also I just lost 60 pounds and I workout 5x a week for 2 hours, mainly cardio like stair master, elliptical because I havent been able to run from my saggy boobs.. I do not want to gain this weight back at all bc I am sitting at home, How do i avoid that, and when can I return to the gym?

Im also finishing up my last dosage of phentramine that a weight loss doctor prescribed to me, I think I have to be off this medicine for surgery? right? like a week before? Please give me opinions and answers!!!My doc can answer but I prefer answers from someone who is been in my shoes.

Back pain, neck pain, bilateral asymmetry, not...

Back pain, neck pain, bilateral asymmetry, not able to do any physical activities like running, rashes and grooves in shoulders. Like most of you, I have battling huge sagging breasts since I have been 9 years old. WORST of all my right breast is around larger then my left breast and they sag. My nipples have also become different sizes.

I have had two kids and I am now 27 and its time to get rid of this physical and emotional pain once and for all. I cant wear a bathing suit or any bra without it looking really bad. The right boob pokes out of ever bra I wear..

My doctor is amazing so far... He told me he will lift them really well during surgery, and put my mind at ease about the whole procedure.. but he I will only be a Bigger b cup or smaller c.Then I have those close family members who are judgmental and say I dont really need it, but who are they to decide?

Will I need to stop medications such as diet pills/fat burners. I have yet to ask my doctor. The doc seems to be real helpful and very understanding. Wow what an amazing doc!

List Pros & Cons, Advice you can offer others

It took me for ever to post this post op pic, about two years later guys sorry:( Best choice ever for this breast reduction.

Well here I am 2 years later posting a picture of my breast ! I can say I am very very satisfied and I think its the best choice I have ever made in my life honestly. The recovery was not bad at all! DR DEWOLFE is amazing at what he does and he basically made my life ten times better with this surgery!! finally have normal breasts!!!!
Dr Dewolfe- Lagrange, IL

Dr Dewolfe is an amazing doctor, really I am not just saying it, he is one that cares from point A to point Z, and you will feel ease and comfort while talking to him. Throughout the whole procedure he was very descriptive and answered any questions I had without me even asking them, its like he could read my mind! I walked out feeling so great after my consult, and its pretty rare to find a doctor who really cares in the Chicagoland area! I strongly urge you to visit him for a consult:)

Looks great!! Congrats!
thanks for posting, always great to see a long term result
How are you feeling, Emma? Can't wait to see pictures!
Great to hear! Hope your recovery is going well :)
Gosh my doc was amazing! They look amazingggggg after picture coming soon!!!
Good Luck, Emma! You will be on my mind today! Wishing you all of the best!
Good Luck Emmazee, I will be thinking about you all day, I can't wait till you post again. Talk to ya on the other side when we are sexy girls with our new boobs!
I am also in weight loss program on same meds , I went off phen 4 weeks before, they recommended two and so did my dr, the weight loss program said it only takes 4 days for phen to be out of the system, I wanted to be extra safe, do what you feel right
Thank you for the wonderful advice, as it comes closer and closer I have more jitters, but your kind words have made me feel better honestly. Its nice to hear it from someone who did it already as well:) I cant wait to actually run without my boobs jumping and much much more excitement when it comes to dressing up. I am just going to tell the doc during my pre-op that I dont want to be flat, just an ok size , like there are boobs there haha not none at all.
These jitters are normal. As they were wheeling me back to the operating room, I was wondering if I was making a mistake. I can tell you that I certainly did NOT make a mistake! I'm so happy I did this. From my own experience and from what I've read on here, almost everyone who thinks they aren't the right size, feel like they were left too big. Your doctor will be able to reassure you in the size. And he will take out different amounts from each breast to make them even. The pain is minimal! They do not cut through any muscle, so you don't have the pain with coughing, sneezing, laughing, etc. You will be amazed at how good you feel after a week, and after two weeks things will be even better! I had never been one for exercise, but recently I have started using the treadmill and I must say it is wonderful to run without breast flopping from chin to belly button!
You will get through this nervousness! Just keep your eyes on the ultimate goal! You will be so glad you did!
I wish you the best of luck and I really hope you keep us posted on your after pictures. Because I desperately am looking forward to do it too.

You are going to do just fine.  Take a deep breath, know you are in good company here and stay calm.  You are going through all the pre surgical jitters but don't let them beat you.

You need to get this done if you are in pain from the weight of them.  Best thing I ever did:)   They take very good care of you in the OR and the breathing tube should not cause you any problems.  You are out and don't even remember a thing.

Yes you will have some swelling, minor pain and bruising but honestly I was never in and really horrible pain.  More discomfort than anything.

I was back to the gym at 4 weeks post op doing my normal routing.  Just make sure that the first couple of weeks you don't lift anything over 5 pounds and nothing over your head.

You can do this and it will be just fine.  I went from a DDD to a B and love it!  Perky, light and even!

Email me anytime and I am happy to help support you.

Hugs to you.

thanks alot kimmers that makes me feel better. I am getting closer and closer

Soon soon!

Thanks for al the kind comments, well My mother is supportive and she thinks its best, I just dont like outsiders not judge, like distant family members, besides they are not in my body like you said. Its not severe enough to get a therapist involved lol. My mom took alot of weight off my shoulders as she said she will come and stay with me for a week or until I feel better to help with the kidos:) I am relieved, but still worried. I had axilary breast tissue removed under both arms 2 years ago, and the surgery was a breeze because I was asleep, but the recovery was hard because my boy was only 13 months and heavier, but mommy assisted at the time, I actually stayed with her. My husband is also pretty supportive and will help on the weekends when he is off of work:) Now last but not least, I worry about the size. The right is currently 34 DDD and left is 34 c-d. Its all a big ball of confusion. Doc told me that he has to take out a certian amount for the insurance to approve, however I am scheduled for my pre-op MARCH 1 and this is where I will get in to alot of detail with him. He mentioned a b cup,but I Dont know, All the pics of the b cups online look too small. He said I would be a bigger B or a smaller C. I have to make it clear to him that I do not want a flat chest or golf balls as boobs. I will take a photo or 2 with me so he can see with his eyes what I am hoping for. I do not want to push it, as I know he has to follow insurance directions in order to get paid. He was nice enough to tell me he will lift them completely and make the areola much smaller to go with the new size. I am really excited about perky boobs but what do you guys think size wise?
and Princessp good luck, please let us know how it goes!!!
I am having my surgery on Monday. I am a little scared too.
Good luck, I will pray for you:)
tell us how it went?
I have had a breast reduction, almost one year ago, but I do not have kids. I'll try to answer some of your concerns though :) It sounds like the lack of support from your family members is adding stress to your decision to have this done: however, they are not the ones who have to live in your body, and look in the mirror and dislike what they see, it's unfortunate that they are not very understanding. As far as being scared, I would say you have no reason to be scared but surgery IS surgery, there are always risks involved (infections, etc.), but if you follow your pre and post-op directions chances are good you'll be fine. As someone else mentioned, they do put a breathing tube in during surgery and you are under general anesthesia. You are told you should not lift anything for several weeks after surgery so you will definitely need help with your kids; I've read other comments from mom's reviews here who talked about it being difficult to not be able to pick up their little ones post-op, so that is something to consider. The pain for me was NOT unbearable at all, and I consider myself a bit of a baby...but I was only taking tylenol about 2 days after surgery and that's it, only used a few of the percosets they prescribed in the first 36 hours after surgery because I kept expecting to feel severe pain--but I never did. You should be able to "hide" under a shirt unless you have drains inserted for the first few days post-op (ask your Dr. if he uses these). Doctors vary on what they tell their patients, but I believe most say you can return to the gym a month post-op. Yes you will have to stop taking that prescribed weight-loss medication prior to surgery--your Dr. will tell you precisely when to stop.

If you decide to go through with the surgery, I believe you will be very happy with smaller and evenly symmetrical breasts, it IS worth it but you do have a lot to consider as far as getting help with your kids and whether your mom and family and friends can help you. Most people who have waited years and then had this done say they should have done it sooner; the only negative things you will find about this surgery is that some people have had complications with infections and Dr.s that were not attentive, or results they were not pleased with (size still 'too big'), so you need to be clear with your Dr. as to what you want and what results he believes he can achieve for you.

I hope that these answers help! I also hope that you will get some more support from your loved ones, that will make it a little better. Good luck :)
thank you, everything is my much better, mom is going to assist me during recovery:) I pray for the best and thanks for all the kind words and advice.
Hi, You will not be able to lift anything for i think a couple of weeks..including your baby. as for hiding it. I cant believe your family is not supporting your decision. that must be really hard for you :( I dont think you should have to hide it and maybe you should find a good therapist or something to help you through this. If you have been approved for insurance then that tells me that yes you need it. If you are self concious and hurting then yes you need it. When you are insurgery they put a breathing tube down your throat but you wont even know its there because you will be under anesthetic. I havent had my done yet but am scheduled for the 24th. My sister had it done a few years ago and she was fine. From what i have read on the site the pain is definatly something that you can handle. If you have had kids I am sure this will be nothing for you. As for the weight loss meds you should talk to your surgeon about that. There are certain meds that you shouldnt be on for about a month before hand. Once you heal you will be able to workout much better. they lift them and tighten them so they wont bounce around so much. And they will be the same size so you wont have the bra issue. Trust me im terrified too. But it is a common surgery and I am sure you will be fine. But i really wish you didnt feel like you had to hide it. I know you have to wear a bra for four weeks non stop afterwards. And i am sure you wont be able to put your hands over your head so you can hide it by wearing a button up shirt if you like. If you want it but are really scared just do what i did...Do your research, ask people. This site is great for that. People love giving feedbakc and you will see most of them say they would do it again in a heartbeat. It is your decision. And it is not one to be taken lightly. But from your photos I would say that it would benefit you for sure. Maybe you could get another appointment with your surgeon to talk about it more and what the real benifits would be. I hope i helped ease your mind a bit. Love Shannon
Now they are supporting it, All I need is mommy by my side and I can care less about the rest, I am suffering not them. Thanks for all your kindness.
I think it will be ok. I dont know much because i myself have not done the surgery but i am looking into doing it because i cant stand mine either. I am 21 have not yet had kids but plan on it soon enough a year or two i think. But i am a 34O in bra size i have saging an back pain. plus i am getting a little bit of depression from not being able to find clothes and bars that fit right an without spending tons of money for custom made stuff!! I think if you think you need then go for it only you really know yourself and body.
I am glad I am doing it, I will let you know how it goes. Thank you