Horrible Experience - Oakland, CA

I trusted my esthetician as she assured me that it...

I trusted my esthetician as she assured me that it would get much worse before it got better. She applied the solution and within hours my face turned dark and burned. The next day it got worse, day 3 I began peeling until day 5, then started peeling again on day 7. It is now day 12 and I have dark marks on my face and breakouts that are not going away anytime soon. Not to mention the dark spots that I tried to get rid of with the treatment are still there!!!! I think there is a such thing as being too sensitive for this treatment. Beware if you have sensitive skin!!!!!

PLease listen to your own body! Don't let someone convince you that it is ok for everyone!

I think your skin looks so much better. Sorry you haven't noticed. You really should consider a second peel for even better results.
hi, i know you're unhaappy with the treatment but i think your skin looked heaps better.
The final picture looked great..
Your skin looks better? I dont understand the complaint

I am on the same boat. My first peel and it is awful!

sorry for such a bad experience cgirl. There's an array of chemical peels avail varying strength which is usually scale by a professional acorrding to ph level a control burn drops your skin's ph, then amt of time leave on til neutralized. looking @ pic, you are a fitzpatrick scale about a 4 or 5, genetic background, calculate high melanin, are just a few factors to make an educated guess in how a client heals. I hope this was not your 1st peel. you can also try gentle peels like organic peels so not to put your skin in shock. Eminence makes lovely ones. i reccomend you start on a elixer/ serum for at least 2-4wks before starting treatment if you havent to help prevent hyperpigment/scarring. this will usually be an FDA approved strength@2-6% hydroquinone or non-hydroquinone, go for the 2%, and take ur time growing up bc 4% is Rx grade so its more expensive. remember 6 months on 6 months off but dont leave hyperpigmentation naked just swap to organic, lighten slower but very healthy glow. astringent treatments should always follow by combating treatments to nourish healthy skin. and dont forget to use sunscreen, eminence also makes a great one, you'll forget you have it on now thats a sunscreen you dont mind putting on. Tropical Vanilla or Persimmon & Cantaloupe. Good luck hope this helps. email me if u need help. Look into modified jessner peel from gloPofessional. Great for hyperpigmentaion. they have a biocomplex patent to their peels where it combats all the side affects that comes with peeling, redness, irritaion, itchy, better healing. ive had my share of peels but def healing time is much better,less downtime if any depend on individual and what kind of results you're trying to acheive. ive had some where i literally hopped off the talbe and heal time was horrible and even afterwards the results was not good. You start off with thicker skin starting treatment, so a professional should adjust accordingly to how you are progressing. try to do peels during cooler seasons, such as fall or winter depending on where you live of course. sorry i can talk about skin all day lol good luck sweetie, and stay outta the sun during all these treatments. accessorize with hats to keep ur face outta the sun. sun will induce melanocytes to dump pigments.

I want to say thank you for this response! I am getting the Jessner peel done in a few days to help diminish hyper pigmentation. I am a black woman in my early 40s med complexion. Reading this has helped me a lot, thank you. I admit...I am nervous because I have seen some pics online here on some look "scary" with blisters and scabs that took long to heal.
It's been about a month and a half and I still have hyperpigmentation from the peel. I have since gotten microdermabrasion to speed up the healing and have seen a dermatologist for a skincare routine to combat future problems that would require another peel.
I'd like to know how you're doing now and how your skin has healed? What is your overall result? Is your skin even and smooth? Did you or do you have hyperpigmentation?

HI Oakland,

I'm so sorry what happened to you. It sounds like maybe they used to strong of a peel. Did you go back and ask what happened? Or maybe, even go see someone else, to see if they could help. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt

Aren't results from a VI Peel, not a laser?

Opps CAgirl you are right, so sorry. They are a chemical peel, thanks for catching that ;)

-Britt