The Results Speak for Themselves - Oakland, CA

I went to see four other well regarded surgeons...

I went to see four other well regarded surgeons before finding and selecting Dr. Gruber for my deviated septum and secondary rhino. Three of them put me through a typical horse and pony show with high powered sales pressure, both over simplifying my case difficulty and over pushing the other services such as botox and laser stuff. The fourth, took one look at me and said…"I can't help you. You need to go see Dr. Gruber because he wrote the book on your case".

My appointment with Dr. Gruber was short yet extremely thorough. I picked him 10 minutes into the conversation because he immediately picked up on what needed to be done and explained why. In his office, he has a shelf of text books he authored and yes, he has literally written the book on rhinoplasty. He does 4 surgeries a week, all year long, and has many years of experience, a good eye and a strong desire to help people.

On the day of surgery, Dr. Gruber's staff was awesome. His nurse and anesthesiologist really worked well together and with me. No one likes surgery, right? I've had 6 (now 7) surgeries in my short life and this one had the best team in play. Dr. Gruber was also very engaged, I like how he asks the right questions.

My case was complicated and the results are better than I hoped for. I lived for eleven years with the results of some previous moron surgeon's horrible mistake and now I am human-looking again. My nose is now perfectly shaped and sized and has great symmetry. Dr. Gruber is about 20% more than others up front, but he submitted to my insurance so the net cost will be less than the lot. I'm very grateful that I got a referral to Dr. Gruber.

Updated wedding pics

Here are some updated pictures from my wedding this month...

More pre-op pics

San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I was sent to Dr. Gruber via referral from another surgeon. Dr. Gruber exceeded my expectations in his results. His office is low key and his staff is friendly.

yes please post a frontal, not smiling maybe. then we can see exactly how it looks
You look great in all of your pics. Do you have any updates?
Do you have anymore post op pictures to post?
Beautiful!
So gorgeous on your big day, as every bride should be! Congratulations!
Your nose looks so beautiful...how did your dr. Deal with the scar tissue from previous op? I'm conserned about that, I might have to do mine again...my dr. Decided to put my nose on left side of my face, and reduced my nostrils when I had no problem with their size. I feel mutilated and depressed.
Wow - amazing results. You look beautiful - wish my results were like yours. Enjoy
Wow, your results are amazing! Thanks for sharing your story.
so pretty!
u look amazing.. did the dr brake the bones ??
Wow what an amazing beautiful end result! You look like a model, it looks so perfect! :)
It's the right fit for me. I had a great experience and am really relieved to have it over with. As for the model part...thank you!...nice camera and hair stylist helped for sure! It's really difficult to let someone (doctor, esthetician, or anyone really) to work on the face. Be sure to make any of these kinds of decisions w extreme care.
I love seeing a successful revision story! They seem so hard to come by and it can get discouraging. Looks like your personal experience was worth every penny from your picture. Dr. G did my ex's mom's primary, years & years ago, and it looked pretty good. Enjoy your results! I bet it feels great not to have to think about it anymore :)
I know that Dr. G had done hundreds over the years and I was surprised to see his online presence didn't better represent the success stories. I'm a very private person, but wanted to put a good use case out there. You're right that I don't have to think about it any more...just for back from vacation and am looking at photos and I see a lot of different smiles and poses. Before the surgery I was so careful to avoid every angle except the one that hid most of the issues and now all I have to do is smile from any angle. It's hard to quantify the difference that makes, but it was certainly worth the price and down time. Thanks for the comment!
I would suggest anybody make decisions about a doctor just by seeing two pictures. Even my nose, if I put make up and smile, seems perfect... and it's not at all. That's why I'm looking for a revision specialist. I would ask the poster to upload pictures from different angles to see the nose. This would help us a lot. I am considering Davis in Florida.
Hi, are you speaking about me but not too me? I'm a little confused. For the record, my nose is incredible. I'm not just a photo, I'm a real person :)
Your nose looks very refined, did he do a lot of tip work? Did the initial surgeon do any tip work as well? I had a rhinoplasty 4 months ago and the surgeon destroyed my beautiful front view (i had a narrow nose) now it's wide and bulbous. I am looking into dr Gruber as well
He did a great deal of tip work, for sure. My tip was complicated. The last surgeon put quite a bit of mystery into his technique and left me with a tip that was very unsupported. My nose began to droop over time and had a strange sharp edge on one side view. Dr. G actually had to both take some things away and add some new things...he did a great job balancing the final outcome.
It certainly looks amazing. Do you know if he also removed cartilage from the tip or the refinement was acheved by lifting the tip higher?
Hey Monique, he did a few things...most of the removal was septum and bridge. My tip had a dorsal graft to put some lift back in and then he worked on carving what was in place. He used half a dozen techniques to create the finished nose. The interesting thing, and this still amazes me every day, is that my customers and colleagues haven't noticed! My nose looks like it fits now, so people don't do double takes...they don't notice it at all. That, I realize, is the sign of true success. It's really hard to let a surgeon touch (my!) your face and I'm glad I won't have to do that again. Having a botched job is disenhartening on so many levels, I hope you find what you need! I'm traveling this week but will reply to your private message in a few days so let me know how I can help. I will say that I trust Dr Gs judgement 100% for anything related to re-dos.
Your nose looks amazing. Can you tell me when you had the procedure done? and did you have any swelling?
It was done in December 2012. There was a LOT of swelling, was a difficult three days post surgery. Worth it though!
You look amazing! So so happy for you!
You look beautiful! Congrats! Out of curiousity was it open or closed? And it doesn't look like it but did he have to do any complicated grafting?
Yes. He had to prop up my tip again. You can kindof see it was sliding off the end of my nose there. He worked on me until he got the result he wanted, using intuition and artistic eye. He had a very creative approach to knowing when to stop. He used cartilage from my septum.