The Results Speak for Themselves - Oakland, CA

I went to see four other well regarded surgeons...

I went to see four other well regarded surgeons before finding and selecting Dr. Gruber for my deviated septum and secondary rhino. Three of them put me through a typical horse and pony show with high powered sales pressure, both over simplifying my case difficulty and over pushing the other services such as botox and laser stuff. The fourth, took one look at me and said…"I can't help you. You need to go see Dr. Gruber because he wrote the book on your case".

My appointment with Dr. Gruber was short yet extremely thorough. I picked him 10 minutes into the conversation because he immediately picked up on what needed to be done and explained why. In his office, he has a shelf of text books he authored and yes, he has literally written the book on rhinoplasty. He does 4 surgeries a week, all year long, and has many years of experience, a good eye and a strong desire to help people.

On the day of surgery, Dr. Gruber's staff was awesome. His nurse and anesthesiologist really worked well together and with me. No one likes surgery, right? I've had 6 (now 7) surgeries in my short life and this one had the best team in play. Dr. Gruber was also very engaged, I like how he asks the right questions.

My case was complicated and the results are better than I hoped for. I lived for eleven years with the results of some previous moron surgeon's horrible mistake and now I am human-looking again. My nose is now perfectly shaped and sized and has great symmetry. Dr. Gruber is about 20% more than others up front, but he submitted to my insurance so the net cost will be less than the lot. I'm very grateful that I got a referral to Dr. Gruber.

u look amazing.. did the dr brake the bones ??
Wow what an amazing beautiful end result! You look like a model, it looks so perfect! :)
It's the right fit for me. I had a great experience and am really relieved to have it over with. As for the model part...thank you!...nice camera and hair stylist helped for sure! It's really difficult to let someone (doctor, esthetician, or anyone really) to work on the face. Be sure to make any of these kinds of decisions w extreme care.

Updated wedding pics

Here are some updated pictures from my wedding this month...

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

More pre-op pics

yes please post a frontal, not smiling maybe. then we can see exactly how it looks
You look great in all of your pics. Do you have any updates?
Do you have anymore post op pictures to post?
San Francisco Plastic Surgeon

I was sent to Dr. Gruber via referral from another surgeon. Dr. Gruber exceeded my expectations in his results. His office is low key and his staff is friendly.