Hairline Lowering, Glad I Chose the Best -Oakland, CA

I had a hairline lowering surgery (scalp/forehead...

I had a hairline lowering surgery (scalp/forehead reduction) with Dr. Kabaker 7 weeks ago. My scar is very thin and healing nicely. I was so nervous about flying across the country ALONE, to have surgery, recover, and fly home within 3 days. The end result is about 2.7 cm lower. The procedure over all was painless, and afterwards some scalp tightness and tings. Felt sunburned on my scalp, and tender, however completely bearable. I debated for a long time over what doctor to choose. I am so glad I went with Dr. Kabaker. The staff is also very kind and helpful. My mom was very against my surgery I showed her today and she said it looks great. People keep complimenting me on my hairdo. I never changed my hair...just the hairline. Please email if you have questions. I was so scared and needing advice before the procedure, I am glad I could talk with 1 person who had the procedure (with a different doctor) during the time of leading up to my surgery. I consulted with many other qualified doctors before choosing Dr. Kabaker. His experience, previous results, approach, and compassion was why I pick him. This was a wonderful gift to myself, my forehead was a self esteem and hair style issue for way too long.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expert in his field and a role model to how others should be in the medical field.

Could you please share before and after photos? I'm looking to get this done with him.
I have had a consult with Dr.Kabaker but can not decide between the hairline lowering surgery and transplants. Would you please send photos? I am very interested to see what the scar looks like months later.
I want both. To round out the hairline after the lowering. I like Selena Gomez's forehead/hairline. Very small and effeminate
I too have been wanting to get my hairline lowered for a long time, i have researched dr kabaker and he looks to be the best doctor to go with, im just nervous about going all the way to america to get it done, is your scar really visible still or can u hide it with your hair parted a certain way? could send a picture? thanks
Hi amy I am 43 and i am over this . Im falling into a depression. I live in australia but no doctors perform the surgery here . so i am in the same position. Where are you from?
Hi amy , have you had the surgery yet?
Hey, don't let that stop you. Go to hotwire,com and get a great deal on airfaire & hotel. You can even do a group thing if you find other people that want the same surgery to save on hotel stay. I'm considering this doctor and I have to travel to do so. I had that same feeling like "man I do NOT want to travel" but there are no doctors that do the surgery in my state. Well one does, but he only has ONE damn photo of the before & after and that lady has a visible scar. So going to him isn't an option. Seem like ALL the good doctors that do this surgery are in California so I have let it go and I'm willing to travel for something that I want really badly.
@hello70
Where do you live paris roux?
Chicago, IL

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf. I'm glad you're pleased with your results! We'd love to see photos so we can visualize your transformation.