Hairline Lowering, Glad I Chose the Best -Oakland, CA

I had a hairline lowering surgery (scalp/forehead...

I had a hairline lowering surgery (scalp/forehead reduction) with Dr. Kabaker 7 weeks ago. My scar is very thin and healing nicely. I was so nervous about flying across the country ALONE, to have surgery, recover, and fly home within 3 days. The end result is about 2.7 cm lower. The procedure over all was painless, and afterwards some scalp tightness and tings. Felt sunburned on my scalp, and tender, however completely bearable. I debated for a long time over what doctor to choose. I am so glad I went with Dr. Kabaker. The staff is also very kind and helpful. My mom was very against my surgery I showed her today and she said it looks great. People keep complimenting me on my hairdo. I never changed my hair...just the hairline. Please email if you have questions. I was so scared and needing advice before the procedure, I am glad I could talk with 1 person who had the procedure (with a different doctor) during the time of leading up to my surgery. I consulted with many other qualified doctors before choosing Dr. Kabaker. His experience, previous results, approach, and compassion was why I pick him. This was a wonderful gift to myself, my forehead was a self esteem and hair style issue for way too long.
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expert in his field and a role model to how others should be in the medical field.

I have had a consult with Dr.Kabaker but can not decide between the hairline lowering surgery and transplants. Would you please send photos? I am very interested to see what the scar looks like months later.
I too have been wanting to get my hairline lowered for a long time, i have researched dr kabaker and he looks to be the best doctor to go with, im just nervous about going all the way to america to get it done, is your scar really visible still or can u hide it with your hair parted a certain way? could send a picture? thanks
Hi amy I am 43 and i am over this . Im falling into a depression. I live in australia but no doctors perform the surgery here . so i am in the same position. Where are you from?
Hi amy , have you had the surgery yet?

Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf. I'm glad you're pleased with your results! We'd love to see photos so we can visualize your transformation.