49yr. Old (Soon to Be 50 in Nov.) Wife and Mother of 2 Adult Children, Wanting a Rhinoplasty Since my High School Years - IL

I was so eager to have this procedure done since I...

I was so eager to have this procedure done since I was in high school but my parents was against it, I also attempt this when I had my second child in 1991 but a divorce from my first husband made my inability to pay for it shattered that. Then while I was working at a former hospital I came across Dr. David Shifrin and looking at some of his clients pics and doing my research I had my first consultation. Well after several discussions with Dr. Shifrin and my husband I can say I will highly recommend this procedure being done by Dr. David Shifrin to anyone. He clearly explains every step that will take place and what to expect right down to the recovery. My family are truly in awe, they see the difference and tell me my nose looks amazing and how it fits me perfect, this is not a copycat nose, Dr. Shifrin designed it to fit me and it has me in tears......I'm loving my new look and taking a whole lot of selfies (big grin) Thanks Dr. David Shifrin for giving me a ton of self confidence.

Pre and post surgery pics

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

Dr. David Shifrin is an Award Winning Plastic Surgeon, he has an office in Chicago and Oak Lawn, Illinois. He has a way of enhancing a patients natural beauty, giving any attention that is needed to corrections and adjustments. Also he is honest, he will tell you what is needed for you not give you something just to make money.

Congratulations for getting something you been wanting! I can totally relate. I am going to be 45 and finally made the decision to just do it. My surgery is scheduled in 10 days. Your story made me smile, and I just wanted to tell you thank you for sharing it. You look amazing and your nose is beautiful!
Thank you, I'm glad to give you the confidence to do what you want, I only had my husband to encourage me, my siblings were against it. But at the end of the day, all that matters regardless if your 25 or 45 yrs old what makes you happy........I'm 6mths from 50 and I love myself evening more......I even lost 10lbs going to the gym looking forward to my birthday........#timeforanewme
:) I haven't told my siblings or my mother. My husband and my children know. My co workers all know. Everyone is so supportive. I'm thankful for that. I think its awesome that you lost some weight! I love the gym so keep it up! :))
Thx.....I just want to do what I need to make myself feel good.....I got a lot of comments like , "you are not happy what God gave you"..... I responded, I color my hair because I don't like black hair, I had my teeth straightened because my genes gave me a slight overbite, so I see nothing wrong with enhancing what God gave you.......please don't let any comments make you feel any different than how you want to feel, I overcame all that after my surgery was done.
Awe...your comments made me smile. I color my hair, I had my teeth straightened, and now Im having my nose done. :) My surgeon told me if anyone asks just say I had to have surgery on my deviated septum (which is no lie) and let it go at that. I don't know why I let their comments bother me, but they do. Once it is done, it is done. I can't wait until Monday. I really can't. Thank you for your words of support. I do appreciate them.
Looks great!
Do you have any type of nasal implants?
I had no bridge so he made one with cartilage.
Beautiful results. Congratulations.
Wow! Your new nose looks great. It looks very natural. Congratulations for the wonderful results.:)
That's what Dr.Shifrin offers, the rhinoplasty was done to fit me and enhance my other features......I'm so excited!!!!
Would you be willing to post a before/after from several angles?
I posted some pics
Hello! I'm researching surgeons as well. I'm from Illinois. Oddly, I've never heard of Dr. Shifrin. I think I'll take some time to research him. I wish you the best…It's never too late to add happiness to you life! :-) *Also, (if you don't mind my asking), what ethnicity are you?
Ok…I lied. I just found his website. I HAVE heard of him. However, the last time I visited his website, he didn't have a Chicago office(??) Did the Chicago office open fairly recently? Also, he only has 3 rhinoplasty before/afters on his site, which is something that made me a bit apprehensive about going with him as a surgeon.
I'm african American
I do know he has a office in Chicago but how long it has been opened I'm not sure, when I had my consultation in his office I viewed several clients profiles.