Want to Fix a Few Things I Have Always Hated - Oahu Island, HI

Long story short- I used to be very overweight. I...

Long story short- I used to be very overweight. I lost about 50 lbs and now hover between 145-150, and have for about 8 years :) I feel really good, and I've become athletic, but I can see where I screwed up by being fat in the first place. I have love handles and a deposit of fat under my arms. My inner thighs are also very thick. These three areas drive me crazy because I work really hard to be thin and healthy, so I would definitely like to get help in these areas. EXTREMELY motivated. Nervous but very much want to do this.

Finally, after many months of waiting and...

Finally, after many months of waiting and planning, had my surgery :) I don't know how to say all the wonderful things I want to say about Dr. Healy's office without sounding like some commercial. First thing- everyone who works in the office is sweet and professional and top class. My consultation was awesome. All the information is laid out, no guesses, no surprises later, etc. Then, pre-op- also awesome. Everybody treats you like family when you walk into the office. Questions are encouraged, but they give you so much information that I couldn't even think of a question. Dr. Healy let me know that with the lipo I wanted to get, what the little things I should prepare for and take care of, like helpful tips. Everything was very relaxed, yet professional, which seems impossible to capture. Anyway, surgery was last Tuesday and I was nervous about going under, as I have never had a procedure done in my life- not even on my teeth, not even a stitch. Again, here comes Jackie with her positive smile and calm nature. Dr. Healy is very chipper and makes you feel like everything will be fine. They introduced me to the anestheseologist, and she proceeded to explain what she will do, etc. I knew the name and the purpose of everyone in the room, it was very cool. Everything they said would happen, happened. I woke up and felt fine. I was warned about nausea, pain, etc. but I really felt fine. I don't know if I'm weird, but it was ok. My friend drove me home and I just hung out until the next day for my check-up. I was pretty comfortable without pain meds, so if you do go for lipo don't jump to meds immediately, a lot of it just felt like a bad gym session. Anyway, next day session and again you get the family greeting in the office. Dr. Healy reviewed everything, made sure no hematomas, etc. and made sure everything was in order. He pointed out where the tiny incisions were (I hadn't even noticed some of them) and changed the wrappings. I know this review is kind of all over the place, but I am so excited and relieved that my experience went so well. It was less expensive than I thought, less painful than I thought, everyone was so friendly and genuinely helpful. I even have their personal cell phone number in case I freak out in the middle of the night about something. I'm so glad Dr. Healy's office was recommended to me, I have absolutely no regrets. It's the fourth day after lipo on three different parts of my body and I am fine, taking walks, taking it easy. I will definitely be going back to have skin care and things like that because this went so well. I'm not a big person and he took 6.5 lbs of fat out of me! I already see no more flub under the arms. Anyway, would totally do it again. Heck, if I ever want something in the future this is where I will go.
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

I am stationed on Oahu (Army) and I asked some doctor friends at Tripler Medical Center if they knew any reputable plastic surgeons on the island. A few of them said Dr. Healy, so here I am.

Hey ,,, do not hesitate , go for vaser lipo or smart lipo. I had vaser lipo done exactly one year ago and got most of things fixed I hated in my body. I have always been overweight and after 35, went worse,almost gaied 2 pounds, every year despite all my care with diet and exercise. You will love the results.
Good luck to you! I had SmartLipo and its the best thing ever. I have lost 140#s thru diet and exercise and was very thick as well. Was 160-165 and couldnt lose anymore weight. 10#s gone from my stomach and 19#s from my thighs!
No I haven't scheduled anything yet because I'm still deployed to Afghansitan, but I plan on doing the consultation in January. Very frustated- would like not to wait almost 6 months.

Hi there,

Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us. Have you booked a date for your procedure yet? Please do keep us updated on your progress.