Young, Stupid and Tattooed - New York, NY

So, when i was 17 i got a tattoo. familiar story,...

so, when i was 17 i got a tattoo. familiar story, doi. even more familiar? it was UGLY. so, i've been embarking on a long-ass journey for tattoo removal. to this point, i've had around 9 q-switched treatments and, most recently, one picosure treatment for the green ink two weeks ago (dayum, it's expensive.)

i really was feeling like, wow this thing is NEVER EVER going to go away, so i went through my email to find some before pics (and wow, it has faded significantly, huzzah!) i'm hoping that with around 1 more pico for the green and several more lasers for the rest it will be significantly faded enough. unfortunately, there's no hope for the orange ink, really. oh well! i'll be happy to have an orange amoeba thing on my arm more than this godawful bad tattoo mistake.

i'd love to hear any thing you guys have found for orange ink, words of encouragement and anything else you may think.

as for the pico: jury is still out; the green ink has faded, but i wish for a pretty penny that it would have been gone with the wind. alas, it hasn't.
Lasertouch Aesthetics/ Tattaway

Erica at Lasertouch is a total babe and great with a laser. Verdict is still out on picosure, and I think they missed some green within the rose.

Wow, you came a long way with your removal! Orange is a tough color to get rid of. I used the Alex TriVantage and it did fade the orange, but I never did go for full removal so I can't say how it would have responded if I did continue, I had 9 treatments in total.
I had removal on a purple and green tat, I took the removal process as far as possible (dependant on the laser and money, I was lucky enough to get laser treatment cheap deals on groupon, I had about 12 sessions for about £300 ) unfortunately it never went completely, the black is completely gone, but I was left with some tiny patches of green and purple. BUT all is not lost as I am now having it gone over with skin coloured ink by a tattooist, which is working! So if you do have any little left over patches that the lasers with just not shift, consider going over them with skin coloured ink. The skin colour ink is of course not EXACT to my skin tone, but by the time its settled down and faded in like ink does it blends in a whole lot better than the purple and green patches. (I much rather have a slightly off skin colour patch which is hardly noticeable, than a 'bruised' 'gangreen' blob. lol)
do you feel you saw more fading of your BLACK ink with q switch or picosure?
oh i just saw where your BLACK was removed completely by q switch??? awesome!!!!!
Yes, I believe it was a q switch. Ive not really any clue of the different names of the lasers, all Im aware of is some targets different colours. The laser which was used on me was one which worked well on red colours and not so good on blues, hence why it lefts some of the green and purple behind, Im guessing because of the slight blue in them. But yes, the black went completely from the use of just that 1 laser. Pics and such can be seen in my review ;-)
hi there-- i haven't had pico on the black just yet (due to cost) so, the fading is just q switch. i was pretty shocked to see the difference too. it's like the age old adage (we are sooo much more critical of ourselves/ aware of things than others are.) the black really has faded and i didn't know until i pulled out the old photos.
that's totally interesting chelise, thanks for sharing. do you have any pics? x
Sure, I have put a review up of my removal process, Im not sure if its published online here yet as I only did it moments ago after reading your post, so it may take a day or 2 to go live on here, so keep your eyes peeled on my profile for it. Ive put in pics of the removal and the cover up too. My latests cover up session was just yeasterday
heya, did the green fade at all with q-switched treatments? i have stubborn and dense green with no access to pico at the moment D:
it sure did! give it a try!
im trying! have had two treatments so far with no visible results for greens and purples. sigh.
it is/was super super stubborn. i'm hoping that with one more pico it will fade significantly. then i'll use the other laser for the rest of the colors (due to cost, and that red apparently doesn't respond to the pico laser.)
aloha regrettablemistake101, you are having amazing fading! Slow and steady wins the race with laser removal. I think soon you will have to think of a new name "regrettablemistake" no longer fits. Good luck with your removal journey; staying positive, having faith in the process and yourself, will all lead to wonderful results. You have given hope to many here on the forum, including myself. Mahalo/Thank you! aloha...k
thank you so much kahelelani. i know the frustration and depression i've felt dealing with this stubborn thing. it's good to remind myself that as in life, tattoo removal is a journey filled with ups and downs(that are rather costly.) hopefully by next summer i can start to wear shorter sleeves again!
Thank you for posting! You have had great fading!
Thanks! I really was pretty hopeless until i found my "before" pics. It has faded. I've kept it out of the sun for the past two years, too.
OH AND WHAT KIND OF Q SWITCHED LASER ARE THEY USING ON UR TATTOO?
I'll have to find out at my next appointment. Unfortunately, one of the things I have going for me is that my skin is pale, so the ink is a huge contrast to that and the laser can pick it up (or so I've been told.) I have had 9 q-switched appts, plus one pico for only the green in the "leaves" and outer circle. i would look into pico. my tattoo is 17 years old. yes, that earlier pic was from when it was 14 years old ( i stay out of the sun.) i usually go 4-6 weeks b/n appointments. i started about two years ago. as i said before, it's a lonnng process. good luck!
Thank you so much for ur response oh how I wish I had lighter skin right now so my tattoo would be easier to remove lol
it doesn't hurt to go chat with someone. many places offer free consultations and you can go from there. best of luck to you!
hey there im really amazed with your fading it looks great! Im a dark skin african american who will be starting treatments soon sometime this month on a tattoo i got on my stomach of a rose to cover a scar that didnt come out the way i wanted it to. My tattoo is only 9months old and although my tattoo is mainly BLACK INK it has a lil red and green in it but its not bright or really vibrant at all because when it was healing i started peeling the scabs and stuff off every chance i got lol, so my color in my tattoo is quite dull plus the color doesnt really show well on my skin color like i thought it would. but how old is ur tattoo? when exactly did you start your treatments on the tattoo? and how long do you wait between treatments? I cant wait to get rid of this ink i hate my tattoo and i dont care if i have a lil red or green left over i can live with that but not this whole tattoo