Thoughts on Nyc Surgeons Who Do Tip/nose Base Work? - New York, NY

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel...

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel like this is the one surgery that I 'need' because it will make a huge difference in how I look. That said, I want this 'difference' to be a good one. I really want: redundant cartilages in tip/base to be REDUCED and my base width/alars made smaller!

any recommendations for surgeons who do stellar frontal work?

please see my photos attached. the last one shows how I want my nose less wide as it goes past where my eyes begin. Ideally I want my nose to be less wide than my lips, I feel like the lip-nose width ratio is throwing off my face right now and also if you see how redundant the cartilages at the very tip are, it bothers me because it looks like a BLOB on my face? Also, I don't want to look any less 'ethnic'

how much smaller can it get?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a nose becoming too small post op? I'd love a result like lana del rey's rhinoplasty result. Admittedly, her nose does look slightly done, but it looks so beautiful and tiny. This is her pic.

another wish pic

oooh how amazing it will be to pinch this!

Do you guys ever or for those who have already undergone the procedure, did you ever, pinch your nose together to anticipate how it'd look with a rhinoplasty? lol I know it's silly but it encourages me to get this done and follow through with it. I just like how the triangle of beauty in the face (looks like inverted triangle) that goes from eyes to lips and the nose is SMACK in the middle like a freaking nucleus. It doesn't have to be perfect, but the more minimal it is, the easier it is to bring out the better features (eg. lips and eyes) Sigh, cannot wait for this to happen! Again, I am looking for surgeons who do great frontal work in the greater NYC area so please let me know any sugegstions you guys may have. thanks!

how long do you consult for and when do you know you've found 'the one'?

I went on a series of more consultations recently here in NY and can't say I was impressed at all. This prompted me to get in touch with the offices of some California surgeons, namely Dr. Grigoryants and Dr. Ghavami, both of whom seem to have solid results in frontal work in their galleries.

I haven't skyped with Dr. Ghavami yet but Dr. Grigoryants emailed me back and after I sent him a ton of pics, he quoted me $9500 (which seems slightly higher than most of you) and said that they are scheduling for October which sounds like a decent time. He suggests "shaving the bump of the nose, refining and raising the tip, narrowing the nostrils, narrowing bones also and possibly opening the airways." Those sound like things I want but like I said earlier the bump isn't a huge deal as my primary goal for this is the bottom half of my nose in both the wide nasal base/nostrils and the wide hanging tip. I really want to schedule a skype consult because I can't book such an expensive surgery from an email response and want to talk to him and see/hear that we're on the same page.

What do you guys think?

on: specificity

Decided to round up more nose inspiration pics and I know, they're all different noses/women but which do you think (if any), would realistically match my face and be doable considering we're working with a pretty wide nasal base here?

More scheduling

going to a consultation in Albany and then a skype consult with dr. g. The good news is I have enough money woohoo the bad news is narrowing it down to ONE of these three guys.
Do Not Have provider Yet (still consulting)

I haven't been on enough consults and it seems all the stellar ethnosensitive surgeons are in beverly hills not nYC -_-

First pic is prob the most realistic
the salma hayek one? yes, I love that one bc she still looks ethnic with the after but it's refined and much more feminine ...thanks so much for your input :)
Go to my doctor click on my profile
crunchi! I love your afters and have consulted with him (he is such a funny guy and it was prob the most fun consult) BUT ... I didn't see him do work (frontal) on enough noses like mine so my gut is saying no. I'm not bothered by my profile bump but the front looks extremely uneven (it's hard to see in pics...but I've always been a tomboy and have had a bad habit when I was young of responding to allergies by scratching my nose vigorously and i feel like it may have done something to my cartilage/nostrils ...basically the tip and the base are what bother me most and I want all those redundant cartilages sutured and made cute and small!)
I'll take a look at your nose inspiration pics and see if I can think of anyone here who does noses like that!
ah yes please let me know. I want the BEST
Well my surgeon is the best hehe but I don't think he would give you a nose like the examples you posted. My nose is in my icon :)
we are on the same page girl! happy to see someone feels the same way i do. i hope you find that doctor your looking for.
girl YESSSSS! nyc is just not cutting it at this point and I don't want to end up in revision
What do you think about David E Kim. ? He has some good pictures on his website. Btw you are really gorgeous.
thanks for the suggestion and I actually like him .....ah california surgeons are truly GEMS
Hey!!! Personally, rhinoplasty for me was the best decision I've made EVERRR!!!!! Make sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon, that he performs AT MINIMUM 50 rhinoplasties a year and look at their before and after pics to see if they delivers the type of results you want. Also, be sure that they will address all of your all of your concerns!!! I know exactly what you mean about finding the right doctor it is a long process!!! But take your time, do your research and don't feel rushed! This definitely is not a process you want to rush!!!! I wasn't willing to travel very far for my surgeon but that is my own personal preference. Also, try not to be too wrapped up in the cost. This is not something you want to just try and get the lowest cost on :) If possible, talk to people who have gone to surgeons that you are considering!!! GOOD LUCK :)
thanks for the advice and ahh so happy to hear that you dont have buyers remorse as i've seen many people get secondary rhino and I do not want to end up in that boat so you are absolutely right about not being cheap and most of all, being PICKY to the TEEEEE. Cheers :D
OMG!! I looked through ALL of the pics above and found not a single nose I would change. What gives??? If you think you have a large nose, then you are focusing to much on it and not looking at how it fits the overall symmetry of your face. A "Wide base", once narrowed, would leave you with jaws and cheeks that appear to wide. "Pinching" the tip would leave your nose to narrow for your facial features. YOUR NOSE IS NOT TOO WIDE. I cannot state this enough; you are all beautiful !! If you think your nose is too large, I'd like you to consider something. When you are looking at yourself in the mirror, you are doing so at a very close distance. You are not seeing the real three dimensional being that is yourself that the rest of the world sees. Not to mention, your eyes are very close to the object of your sight which causes a distorted image of what you are seeing. I have found that the vast majority of people, when asked, think their nose is too large. Almost none actually have a large nose. The cause of this is that people are focusing on the center of their face from a distorted view and thinking the whole world sees it as they do; well, we don't, we see just "YOU." Step away from the mirror and enjoy the whole you. Ps, If you are obsessed with seeing how you look to the rest of the world, find a photographer that can take high quality, high definition images of you. High definition, three dimensional video is the best as it allows you to see yourself in motion. Most of the world never sees us motionless like still photography depicts; unless the see us sleeping or dead.
lol really? thanks so much for your sweet comment and I know it might seem trivial, but I really have a nose unsimilar to anyone if my family and just generally speaking, it's a cultural thing meaning that girls in my culture are expected to look very good and because of this, I feel like a potato. I know comparison is the biggest thief of joy and honestly the decision to get a rhinoplasty is very much a cognitive dissonance to me since I always think women should not be judged based upon how they look etc. However, it's just gotten to a point where I am so self-conscious that I actually don't believe a guy that would be into me if he says my nose isn't big etc...simply because it feels out of place for my face and a nice subtle change will make me feel a ton better, that's all :) Thanks for your insight!
u r beautiful,, my nose is similar 2 ur,, i think dr v grigoryants maybe good
thanks and he seems like the best option thus far
hi i want you to look at Dr Joseph , he will tell you what can be done , he has worked on many different noses and ethnicities . He will honestly tell you what he is capable of . Try not to think about he money because you are paying for something that is for you on your face for the rest of your life. You deserve an expert . btw he does do nostril narrowing .
Hi, I looked but he does not have enough mixed race/ethnic patients and I think his forte is in the profile and some tip work, but not teh complete package I'm looking for. I really want a doctor who is an artist and can really deliver a harmonious result bc my main problem is width and the minute you de-widen the nose through alar base narrowing, you need to fix the rest of the nose to fit that modification, sort of like a puzzle. Unfortunately, all the good docs who do this are in Cali.
my doctor is an expert at tip work. dr eric m joseph, west orange nj... not far from New York!! seriously check him out!
I like his photos as well but he doesn't do base work/narrowing of nostrils which isn't something I'm willing to compromise on as I definitely want the entire lower half of the nose made thinner
Be sure to look for a surgeon who has done a ton (hundreds) of rhinoplasties on patients with thick skin. Be sure that the results are amiable to your desires, as well. Shaving bumps off is easy, but tip work is considerably more challenging and few doctors have mastered the skill. You have a lot to lose if your nose doesn't go in the hands of a finesse exemplary surgeon.
you are spot on and actually these are all my concerns and they are slightly immobilizing as I am EXTREMELY picky and haven't consulted with a surgeon that I am truly excited about (this is only measured by their after photos of patients' frontal work). The ones in NY are, at best, mediocre in tip work and base narrowing and this upsets me because ethnic noses have these things as main concerns =/
Your so pretty! The nose job would make you look even better. I live in NY but the doctors here are too expensive so I am going to Colombia for my rhinoplasty/chin aug
thanks so much and oooh really? I heard that Colombia's PS sector is booming - be super careful with the doctors you choose though as you are, after all, going to another country.