Going with Grigoryants!

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel...

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel like this is the one surgery that I 'need' because it will make a huge difference in how I look. That said, I want this 'difference' to be a good one. I really want: redundant cartilages in tip/base to be REDUCED and my base width/alars made smaller!

any recommendations for surgeons who do stellar frontal work?

please see my photos attached. the last one shows how I want my nose less wide as it goes past where my eyes begin. Ideally I want my nose to be less wide than my lips, I feel like the lip-nose width ratio is throwing off my face right now and also if you see how redundant the cartilages at the very tip are, it bothers me because it looks like a BLOB on my face? Also, I don't want to look any less 'ethnic'

how much smaller can it get?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a nose becoming too small post op? I'd love a result like lana del rey's rhinoplasty result. Admittedly, her nose does look slightly done, but it looks so beautiful and tiny. This is her pic.

another wish pic

oooh how amazing it will be to pinch this!

Do you guys ever or for those who have already undergone the procedure, did you ever, pinch your nose together to anticipate how it'd look with a rhinoplasty? lol I know it's silly but it encourages me to get this done and follow through with it. I just like how the triangle of beauty in the face (looks like inverted triangle) that goes from eyes to lips and the nose is SMACK in the middle like a freaking nucleus. It doesn't have to be perfect, but the more minimal it is, the easier it is to bring out the better features (eg. lips and eyes) Sigh, cannot wait for this to happen! Again, I am looking for surgeons who do great frontal work in the greater NYC area so please let me know any sugegstions you guys may have. thanks!

how long do you consult for and when do you know you've found 'the one'?

I went on a series of more consultations recently here in NY and can't say I was impressed at all. This prompted me to get in touch with the offices of some California surgeons, namely Dr. Grigoryants and Dr. Ghavami, both of whom seem to have solid results in frontal work in their galleries.

I haven't skyped with Dr. Ghavami yet but Dr. Grigoryants emailed me back and after I sent him a ton of pics, he quoted me $9500 (which seems slightly higher than most of you) and said that they are scheduling for October which sounds like a decent time. He suggests "shaving the bump of the nose, refining and raising the tip, narrowing the nostrils, narrowing bones also and possibly opening the airways." Those sound like things I want but like I said earlier the bump isn't a huge deal as my primary goal for this is the bottom half of my nose in both the wide nasal base/nostrils and the wide hanging tip. I really want to schedule a skype consult because I can't book such an expensive surgery from an email response and want to talk to him and see/hear that we're on the same page.

What do you guys think?

on: specificity

Decided to round up more nose inspiration pics and I know, they're all different noses/women but which do you think (if any), would realistically match my face and be doable considering we're working with a pretty wide nasal base here?

More scheduling

going to a consultation in Albany and then a skype consult with dr. g. The good news is I have enough money woohoo the bad news is narrowing it down to ONE of these three guys.

Still debating....

I need some time off from work and was thinking of doing my rhinoplasty and having the splint removed 7 days post op and then going on vacation for the next 7 days w the new nose and coming back to NY. I want to take time off to heal properly and also may just work from home and the cool thing is one of the most reassuring surgeons I met quoted me only around 3200$ for my work because he is a resident surgeon at a teaching hospital. I've become increasingly concerned with my nose and it is unbearable how much you can't conceal a nose bc it's the nucleus of your face sooo.....

Also, I retract my earlier statement about how the profile doesn't bother me as much because sheesh, I saw it in some photos my friends took and I was immediately taken aback about how I look, how meaty my nose looks bc I don't have thin skin and also because my nose is super squisky, the cartilage are wide but very weak so I'm very scared about the implications for this and that's why this thread has been open for so long. It is so difficult for me to solidify the decision due to my insane fear of a revision or of the nose ending up looking like it is plastered on my face due to how my thick skin might react to the swelling of the structures underneath. My tip is just hideous, let's be honest and the alars are so wide. The profile could also use a shave which is pretty standard and my columella is short so I have to be careful for it not to be raised too much because the frontal view implications might end up having ugly nostril show which I really do not want. I have around 5k saved up cash and also got approved for carecredit so in terms of cost, I am now considering flying out to California and getting a surgery around 14 K most of which would be financed OR stay in NY and go with the 3k offer, cash.
My nose is just really bothering me you guys, it is the bane of my existence.

Booked for a rhinoplasty w dr Grigoryants!

Initially contacted him a year ago and look where we are. Convinced by all the patient reviews and the fact that loads of his patients are ethnic. Looking forward to December 4th just in time for the holidays.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon

Hey just reading through your up coming nose surgery and cant see your images? I think I have the same issues with my nose as you, less a bump with the addition of a hook...Can you share your pics or tell where I can compare? Im in Perth Western Australia and with the costs involved here Ive started researching US n UK. Thanks and good luck!
Yay, he is the best. I am a little over 3 months post op and am LOVING my nose. No swelling issues etc. You're smart to go with him and have a closed rhino-- so much better :) Congrats!!
oh, check out the place where a few of us have stayed rose bowl vacation rentals-- the one called hillview is a 4 minute drive to his office :)
ah thanks so much! I'm going to be reviewing all the reviews again so I can save the post supplies as a google doc. It's in December but you have no idea how excited I am! It's kind of awesome that he is that booked bc I decided to pay it all cash instead and I'm just so stoked to be going on vacation around that time since it'll be cold in nyc then so it'll be nice to get away and get a new nose.
I will check this rose bowl place out for sure! I was also thinking of booking an airbnb so that I can have a very comfortable place to heal post-op
oops one more question: I wont be driving while there. Did you drive? Can I use an uber or are there cabs around the area? How is it like post-op if you spend a whole week there until your cast is off - is it loud? can you still get lunch? are there healthy options to order in?
Definitely :)
The hill view place was great. I am a Four Seasons, St. Regis kind of girl, but this was definitely adequate for recovery. The price was great too ($160). It was nice to have a kitchen as well!
We flew in and my husband rented a car for the week. You can definitely use uber if you need it. The condo was not loud at all-- it was very quiet. If you're going alone, you may be more comfortable being closer to Beverly Hills as there will be more delivery options (and instacart- grocery deliveries, best thing ever).
I love instacart!!! And yes would rather be in delivery zones and near a good grocer so I can stock up on fruits yogurts and beverages. So this hill view is slightly farther out than Beverly Hills? I like how you mentioned it being only 4 minutes away from office though.
I used to live about 5 minutes from Dr. G's office (my parents still live there). There is a grocery store (Vons) about 6 minutes away and a plethora of restaurants and yogurt shops on Honolulu Blvd which is about 7 minutes away. Beverly Hills is a good 45 minutes away and that's on a good day without traffic. He's also very close to Descanso Gardens which is something you can visit (it's beautiful) on your 5th or 6th day when you feel bored and want to get out.
Thanks so much for the tips!! Are there places by there that you recommend staying at? I was going to look into airbnb as well.
I wouldn't worry about being close to his office because in reality, you only need to be there the day before for your pre-op, then for surgery and your cast removal. If possible,fly into the Burbank airport as it is much closer to his office. It is about 30 minutes w/no traffic to BH from his office, about 10/15 minutes to (downtown) Pasadena and Glendale.
There is a WF in Glendale and quite a few other stores. Another thing you can use for deliveries is TaskRabbit :)
I think airbnb is a great idea as you will have a lot more privacy and it probably will feel more homey. I've used them in the past and it's a easy and reliable process. Are you going to have a friend/family member stay with you? I would recommend and actually think it's ideal to stay close to your Doctor's office/hospital in case something were to go wrong and you needed to see him right away. I lost the paper tape that you are given after cast removal and it was really convenient to stop by his office and get a new one. As someone who was born and raised in LA - it does not take 30 minutes to get to Beverly Hills from his office.
I lived in LA for four years and went to USC and when I was at his office less than 3 months ago for my follow-up, it took me 32 minutes to get from his office to Il Pastaio. The unit that I stayed in was quite homey (Roxz) stayed there as well, was cheap, and was less than a mile to the office.
Do you have a batmobile?
In SF I have a black lamborghini, does that count (that's what my friends call her at least :). If you time it right and there is no traffic, it takes around 30-35 minutes. Feel free to look it up on google maps or something during a low traffic time ;)
Route options via CA-134 E 37 min current 22.6 miles33 min without traffic ยท Hide traffic
Close enough. Small world - I live in SF, too. The tricky thing in LA is that traffic has no rhyme or reason so it would be hard to get the timing right. But I agree, it can take less if there is absolutely no traffic.
omg that c girl argues with everyone ! she sure does know a lot about traffic ? there is no way she has kids!
thanks guys so much for your input!!
you should send some before pics!
I had a few up and will put them up again ...went on a hiatus bc life was busy and didn't think I'd book so I didnt want my face to be up here but I will post everything for sure bc I want this blog to follow along my journey. My actual inspiration pics have changed as well lol