Going with Grigoryants!

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel...

I am definitely seeking a rhinoplasty as I feel like this is the one surgery that I 'need' because it will make a huge difference in how I look. That said, I want this 'difference' to be a good one. I really want: redundant cartilages in tip/base to be REDUCED and my base width/alars made smaller!

Thank you for starting your story in this space on RealSelf. Your own little support group! :0)

If you do decide to go for a rhinoplasty, choosing the right doctor is probably your most important job. Here's a list of questions to ask prospective surgeons.

Please keep us posted throughout your journey!

thanks angie!!!
At first glance I thought this was a pic of a young Angelina Jolie. You are beautiful!

any recommendations for surgeons who do stellar frontal work?

please see my photos attached. the last one shows how I want my nose less wide as it goes past where my eyes begin. Ideally I want my nose to be less wide than my lips, I feel like the lip-nose width ratio is throwing off my face right now and also if you see how redundant the cartilages at the very tip are, it bothers me because it looks like a BLOB on my face? Also, I don't want to look any less 'ethnic'
well I was considering traveling from europe to usa ...and you are already in usa so dont complain :P...the main problem to me its hic price...Im gona need some years to get that amount urghh

how much smaller can it get?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a nose becoming too small post op? I'd love a result like lana del rey's rhinoplasty result. Admittedly, her nose does look slightly done, but it looks so beautiful and tiny. This is her pic.

another wish pic

have the same problem,, wsh 2 find a talented surgeon
you are me and its scary!. i don't care about my profile at all. i even thought on lanes nose but decided on elizabeth taylor's instead. my nose is too wide and even worse when i smile. i have surgery scheduled with dr jeffrey epstein on august 1st. he's actually a revision specialist and noses are his specialty. my surgery is in miami fl, but he has practice in both new york and miami. i'm too scared to post pictures here..
haha I didnt mean to scare ya! And I know what you mean - your story resonated with me bc my mom has the most perfect little button nose while I am the only one who acquired my dad's -_- genetic lottery for ya. I heard good things about dr. e but how many other consults have you gone on? How did you solidify your decision ?

oooh how amazing it will be to pinch this!

Do you guys ever or for those who have already undergone the procedure, did you ever, pinch your nose together to anticipate how it'd look with a rhinoplasty? lol I know it's silly but it encourages me to get this done and follow through with it. I just like how the triangle of beauty in the face (looks like inverted triangle) that goes from eyes to lips and the nose is SMACK in the middle like a freaking nucleus. It doesn't have to be perfect, but the more minimal it is, the easier it is to bring out the better features (eg. lips and eyes) Sigh, cannot wait for this to happen! Again, I am looking for surgeons who do great frontal work in the greater NYC area so please let me know any sugegstions you guys may have. thanks!
Be sure to look for a surgeon who has done a ton (hundreds) of rhinoplasties on patients with thick skin. Be sure that the results are amiable to your desires, as well. Shaving bumps off is easy, but tip work is considerably more challenging and few doctors have mastered the skill. You have a lot to lose if your nose doesn't go in the hands of a finesse exemplary surgeon.
you are spot on and actually these are all my concerns and they are slightly immobilizing as I am EXTREMELY picky and haven't consulted with a surgeon that I am truly excited about (this is only measured by their after photos of patients' frontal work). The ones in NY are, at best, mediocre in tip work and base narrowing and this upsets me because ethnic noses have these things as main concerns =/
Your so pretty! The nose job would make you look even better. I live in NY but the doctors here are too expensive so I am going to Colombia for my rhinoplasty/chin aug

how long do you consult for and when do you know you've found 'the one'?

I went on a series of more consultations recently here in NY and can't say I was impressed at all. This prompted me to get in touch with the offices of some California surgeons, namely Dr. Grigoryants and Dr. Ghavami, both of whom seem to have solid results in frontal work in their galleries.

I haven't skyped with Dr. Ghavami yet but Dr. Grigoryants emailed me back and after I sent him a ton of pics, he quoted me $9500 (which seems slightly higher than most of you) and said that they are scheduling for October which sounds like a decent time. He suggests "shaving the bump of the nose, refining and raising the tip, narrowing the nostrils, narrowing bones also and possibly opening the airways." Those sound like things I want but like I said earlier the bump isn't a huge deal as my primary goal for this is the bottom half of my nose in both the wide nasal base/nostrils and the wide hanging tip. I really want to schedule a skype consult because I can't book such an expensive surgery from an email response and want to talk to him and see/hear that we're on the same page.

What do you guys think?

on: specificity

Decided to round up more nose inspiration pics and I know, they're all different noses/women but which do you think (if any), would realistically match my face and be doable considering we're working with a pretty wide nasal base here?
Hey!!! Personally, rhinoplasty for me was the best decision I've made EVERRR!!!!! Make sure you feel comfortable with your surgeon, that he performs AT MINIMUM 50 rhinoplasties a year and look at their before and after pics to see if they delivers the type of results you want. Also, be sure that they will address all of your all of your concerns!!! I know exactly what you mean about finding the right doctor it is a long process!!! But take your time, do your research and don't feel rushed! This definitely is not a process you want to rush!!!! I wasn't willing to travel very far for my surgeon but that is my own personal preference. Also, try not to be too wrapped up in the cost. This is not something you want to just try and get the lowest cost on :) If possible, talk to people who have gone to surgeons that you are considering!!! GOOD LUCK :)
thanks for the advice and ahh so happy to hear that you dont have buyers remorse as i've seen many people get secondary rhino and I do not want to end up in that boat so you are absolutely right about not being cheap and most of all, being PICKY to the TEEEEE. Cheers :D
OMG!! I looked through ALL of the pics above and found not a single nose I would change. What gives??? If you think you have a large nose, then you are focusing to much on it and not looking at how it fits the overall symmetry of your face. A "Wide base", once narrowed, would leave you with jaws and cheeks that appear to wide. "Pinching" the tip would leave your nose to narrow for your facial features. YOUR NOSE IS NOT TOO WIDE. I cannot state this enough; you are all beautiful !! If you think your nose is too large, I'd like you to consider something. When you are looking at yourself in the mirror, you are doing so at a very close distance. You are not seeing the real three dimensional being that is yourself that the rest of the world sees. Not to mention, your eyes are very close to the object of your sight which causes a distorted image of what you are seeing. I have found that the vast majority of people, when asked, think their nose is too large. Almost none actually have a large nose. The cause of this is that people are focusing on the center of their face from a distorted view and thinking the whole world sees it as they do; well, we don't, we see just "YOU." Step away from the mirror and enjoy the whole you. Ps, If you are obsessed with seeing how you look to the rest of the world, find a photographer that can take high quality, high definition images of you. High definition, three dimensional video is the best as it allows you to see yourself in motion. Most of the world never sees us motionless like still photography depicts; unless the see us sleeping or dead.

More scheduling

going to a consultation in Albany and then a skype consult with dr. g. The good news is I have enough money woohoo the bad news is narrowing it down to ONE of these three guys.
First pic is prob the most realistic
the salma hayek one? yes, I love that one bc she still looks ethnic with the after but it's refined and much more feminine ...thanks so much for your input :)
Go to my doctor click on my profile

Still debating....

I need some time off from work and was thinking of doing my rhinoplasty and having the splint removed 7 days post op and then going on vacation for the next 7 days w the new nose and coming back to NY. I want to take time off to heal properly and also may just work from home and the cool thing is one of the most reassuring surgeons I met quoted me only around 3200$ for my work because he is a resident surgeon at a teaching hospital. I've become increasingly concerned with my nose and it is unbearable how much you can't conceal a nose bc it's the nucleus of your face sooo.....

Also, I retract my earlier statement about how the profile doesn't bother me as much because sheesh, I saw it in some photos my friends took and I was immediately taken aback about how I look, how meaty my nose looks bc I don't have thin skin and also because my nose is super squisky, the cartilage are wide but very weak so I'm very scared about the implications for this and that's why this thread has been open for so long. It is so difficult for me to solidify the decision due to my insane fear of a revision or of the nose ending up looking like it is plastered on my face due to how my thick skin might react to the swelling of the structures underneath. My tip is just hideous, let's be honest and the alars are so wide. The profile could also use a shave which is pretty standard and my columella is short so I have to be careful for it not to be raised too much because the frontal view implications might end up having ugly nostril show which I really do not want. I have around 5k saved up cash and also got approved for carecredit so in terms of cost, I am now considering flying out to California and getting a surgery around 14 K most of which would be financed OR stay in NY and go with the 3k offer, cash.
My nose is just really bothering me you guys, it is the bane of my existence.
grigoryants- I had my nose done 2 months ago and LOVE it :)
ah really? I absolutely adore his before and afters...prob even more than ghavami. He seems to do good work that isn't too subtle. Do you mind if we PM bc I really like seeing patients' frontal work (tip mainly but nostril work as well though not sure if you opted for that). Thanks!
Not at all, feel free to send me a PM.

Booked for a rhinoplasty w dr Grigoryants!

Initially contacted him a year ago and look where we are. Convinced by all the patient reviews and the fact that loads of his patients are ethnic. Looking forward to December 4th just in time for the holidays.
Hey just reading through your up coming nose surgery and cant see your images? I think I have the same issues with my nose as you, less a bump with the addition of a hook...Can you share your pics or tell where I can compare? Im in Perth Western Australia and with the costs involved here Ive started researching US n UK. Thanks and good luck!
Yay, he is the best. I am a little over 3 months post op and am LOVING my nose. No swelling issues etc. You're smart to go with him and have a closed rhino-- so much better :) Congrats!!
oh, check out the place where a few of us have stayed rose bowl vacation rentals-- the one called hillview is a 4 minute drive to his office :)

will have to delay my surgery =/

I am moving out to SF from NYC for a job and my date of december4th no longer works because I wont be able to take a vacay that early into the job and also go home to ny for christmas vacation. Willing to trade the date and so far one person has dibs so I am hoping it works out because if I delay the surgery until february/march-ish, that would be ideal.
My procedure date is set a week after yours! Goodluck!
ahhh you must be sooo excited!
just posted some actually

Switched surgery date - March 19th :)

Officially pushed my date to March 19th!!!
I emailed Dr. Grigoryants' office Saturday afternoon and I have no heard anything back yet. I am an out of state patient so I need an online consultantion with him. How long should it be before they get back to me?
email him directly then ...I can pm you his email.
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon