Great Fraxel Experience with Dr. Schweiger - New York, NY

I'm an Indian woman with pretty significant acne...

I'm an Indian woman with pretty significant acne scarring all over my face (worst on my cheeks, forehead, and temples). I have had a couple of subcisions in the past and tried Restylane with some mild improvement but still have a long way to go.

I'd been reading Fraxel Restore reviews forever and was intrigued by the positive results many people report but totally freaked out by the horror stories. Took me a long time to get the courage to go in for a consultation.

Chose Dr. Schweiger because he/his office seem to be experts in the acne scar area. Had seen some reviews that made Dr. Schweiger sound impatient and rushed but I was prepared for that -- would rather have a rushed doc with a busy practice that sees lots of people with issues similar to mine than a more emotionally available doc with less experience.

In any case, my consultation was great. First spoke to Dr. Schweiger's assistant (I think her name was Laura) who was fantastic. Super knowledgeable, patient, compassionate, and made me feel very comfortable. I didn't feel pressured or dismissed. She was not in any kind of rush and took the time to have a thorough conversation that addressed all my anxieties.

I then met with Dr. Schweiger for 4-7 minutes. Not a long time but it was totally fine because, honestly, there just wasn't that much to say. His assistant had already provided all the necessary info and he just came in to examine my skin and discuss the treatment plan. I expressed my anxieties -- told him about the horror stories I read online -- and he listened and understood that I wasn't someone who wanted to the most aggressive treatment possible for this first visit. He assured me that they would take a measured approach and we talked about the areas that I wanted to focus on most. At no point did I feel he wasn't listening or didn't care.

The procedure itself went great. Dr. Schweiger was there at the beginning and then Laura completed it. I was very happy with the attention I received and how it went. And throughout the procedure, I was assured that they were doing exactly what we discussed, no more and no less, and that made me feel very comfortable during the actual procedure. All went exactly as it should have.

Overall, really liked the experience and wish I had done it long ago. My feeling about Dr. Schweiger's office is that these guys do this all day and are very comfortable with the services they're offering and have strong track records with satisfied patients -- and that might be why Dr. Schweiger doesn't feel the need to spend a lot of time with people... That said, I felt very attended to.

Re: my results... Rating "not sure" for now since I just had my procedure yesterday and am still pretty swollen, red etc. but everything is looking great. Right now, the swelling is making my skin look fantastic but I know that the scars will reappear once the swelling subsides. Hoping that things improve in a couple of months, at which time I plan on doing a second round.

Hello, I have a quetion. Are you till allowed to wear make up after the procedure or do they ask you to refrain for a couple of days? I am interested in the procedure and have scheduled a consultation but I currently wear makeup to cover my hyperpigmentation and was just wondering if your doctor spoke about make up post treatment.

Dr. Schweiger

I highly recommend Dr. Schweiger and his staff.