Dr. Yael Halaas and Sculptra - New York, NY

I have known Dr. Halaas for five years and travel...

I have known Dr. Halaas for five years and travel from Connecticut because I not only trust her expertise completely, but because she is such a pleasure to know. In my mid fifties, suddenly I could no longer look at my face in the mirror without seeing how unhappy I'd become with the changes--especially my jawline. Dr. Halaas helped restore a youthful natural look without a face lift. She recommended a filler called Sculptra, which appealed to me because it is a sugar-based substance that is safe, lasts 2+yrs, and promotes collagen production. The results have made me look 15yrs younger. Dr. Halaas is equipped with the latest procedures and products; her procedures are affordable, her office easily accessible, and her hours are accommodating. The manager, Audrey, and the entire staff, is genuine and are happy to share their own experiences—truly a caring environment that you will feel from the minute you meet Dr. Halass.

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

I don't have before after photos that would be of use, but I can say that this product does make a significant difference without a doubt. Dr. Halaas used it on my marionette lines which have now disappeared. She also used it on a puckered area on the left side of my chin. Because of the way the product works, I didn't realize until recently that the pucker was totally gone. I had to redo this area a couple times, but the final subtle result is that it definitely worked and the spot has filled in. The other dramatic result is my eyes which have heavy lids. Since I am proud of my Czech heritage, I would not consider having surgery on my lids. Dr. Halaas suggested injecting the delicate area at my temple and brow and unbelievably this seems to firm the crepe skin on my lids so that it doesn't sag on my lashes. Honestly, though I believe this product works for as long as I was told (2+yrs), I go back every year for one syringe and the results get better and better each time. I am going to be 59 next month and people assume I'm in my 40s. As I mentioned previously, the other reason that I like this product is that I don't feel like I'm doing something unnatural because of what the product is made of and because it promotes my own collagen. The result is a totally natural look--like the hands of time being turned back, not a tight, phony appearance. I'd also say one needs to be patient with this filler because the true picture doesn't emerge for at least 2-3months. Then one day I look in the mirror, and realize my face looks more youthful than it has in years.

Thanks so much for offering your opinion on your doctor.

With more detail about your experience - such as tips for getting good results, pros/cons, before & after photos - our team can add your story to the Sculptra community.