Dr Rizk Open Rhinoplasty - 14 Weeks Post Surgery - New York, NY

I've already written up my review and I am still...

I've already written up my review and I am still healing and swollen, but every month my nose gets slowly better/nicer. And it is a slow process which at times kills, but at least every month I can see an improvement. I still don't have complete symmetry as one nostril looks more 'pushed in' than then other and one side of my nose is marginally more swollen, but I know this will subside once healing is complete. It's not noticeable to others, only me (and because I am constantly looking at and scrutinising my 'new' nose. I hope the pics help. Thanks and good luck everyone!

One year on - not worth it!

I have come to the conclusion that my rhinoplasty with Dr Rizk was NOT worth the money and recovery pain (mentally and physically). I have waited patiently for one year and am still swollen on both sides of my nose (unsymmetrically). My nose is also still 'crooked' from underneath. I was told after surgery that this was post surgical swelling and it would disappear, but it has not, and the end result is now a lopsided nose. I am worried that I may have scar tissue inside my nose which is causing the permanent swelling and this upsets me as I often feel my nose actually looks worse! I will try to upload close up shots of the lopsidedness on here and will also be sending these to Dr Rizk soon. As I live in the UK I can't afford to go back to NYC for a correction either (the first op used up all of my savings), so I'm left feeling stupid for having such an op when there was actually nothing wrong with my old nose - I just wanted a better one.
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon

I'm sorry you hate your new nose. If its any consolation, I think you look stunning and MUCH better than before surgery. Your new nose looks perfect.
y u removed the post that u r unhappy wiz the results????
Dr. Rizk's PR people probably had her negative review removed.
I'm sure the $23,000 is the cost of the surgery alone (not including the trip from the UK). Dr. Rizk is one of the most expensive plastic in the world. He charges at least twice as much as other surgeon for the same procedure.
Your nose looks much better, alittle imperfection looks natural, if I were you, I would be very happy, the 25k sounds like you included your trip from the UK, that is alot.
u look amazing,, can u please send me some photoes as ur photo wiz the sun glass isnt obvious..i am considering having mine wiz him but so afraid
Sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied. Could you post updated pictures?
I always thought he was super overrated and ridiculously expensive--prices are a joke. I don't trust any doctor with a huge marketing machine behind them. Hope you find a good revisionist.
Wow... ldngirl.. I'm sorry to hear about your results.. I'm in the same predicament.. stuck with a deformed nose.. when he was suppose to fix it.. He is overpriced & not worth the money!!! PEOPLE beware Please!! Alexa
I happen to think it looks good. You look like you but your nose is more refined. I was thinking about going to him but his price was OUTRAGEOUS.
Hi Ldn girl. Sorry to hear you are not happy with your nose. It looks OK on the pictures. Could you pm me what it looks like now? I have a surgery coming up with Rizk in June. My worries are building up, but there is no way of turning back esp given the prepayment..
So sorry to know that it wasn't worth it spectially with the amount of money you've paid! I was considering Dr. Rizk to do my revision (2 previous ones) but now he's out of my list. You are pretty before and after your rhinoplasty but I totally understand the way you feel since this is not what u expected. I am considering now Dr. Sam Naficy he seems to be an excellent surgeon with great before and after photos. have you ever heard of him?
Sorry to hear it was not worth it to you. I know the disappointment. Will you be looking into a revision or can you accept how it is? I don't notice the asymmetry you are referring to because you are bandaged and wearing glasses in your pics. I don't blame you if you don't want to show photos, though.... I am mortified of my nose and the only way I would post pictures of it is if I get it fixed first. Good luck with whatever you decide!
oh wow after seeing your results i am a bit confident on seeing dr rizk but too be honest i didn't see anything wrong with your before photo mind explaining what exactly you got done or showing more recent photos ??
You were very pretty before but now you look like a famous actress! How is the healing going? Do you have any updated pics that you would be willing to share either on the board or via pm? Thank you for sharing your experience!
the best anissa
Your beautiful! Before and after. Thank you for sharing. I doubt I'll even consult with Dr Rizk though, 23k for a primary is a lot. Worth it, but I'm a redo so I'm sure I can't afford him.
Aw, bless you and thanks for the compliments Girlycurves (blushes) :)
Thanks for sharing, it will help others on Real Self. Your nose is lovely and looks well with your beautiful face. You definitely chose a doctor who is among one of the top surgeons. So glad you are liking your results.
Best,
23,000 for a 1st time rhinoplasty ...Wow!! thats outrageous!! I thought you were a revision too?
It looks really good and refined! Not obvious and unnatural at all. Just a question- did you ask for a more subtle refinement? Or did you want more of a greater change?
Wow!! You look great .. Thanks for your positive email LDNgirl. I went back to work 1 week after surgery just to keep myself occupied! My nostrils are a big reason why I decided to get rhinoplasty as well as deformity overall. Nostrils look exactly the same.
Hey!

Thank you very much for your detailed reply. I don't know why, I thought your surgery was a revision. I'm glad for you that you made a wonderful first choice.
I hope your nose improves even more with time! :)
Good luck and thank you.
Hey MissLila2 - thanks so much for your lovely comments :)

I had open rhinoplasty and he had to break my nose too to refine the thick/wide bone. He also reduced the bulbous tip at the end (hence needing open rhino). He was also going to reduce my nostrils but decided not to during surgery as he was worried I'd end up with a pinched look (and I'm so glad he didn't do this - no one wants a Jackson nose!). He didn't use any grafts or implants in my nose - probably because this was my first nose job rather than a revision. I wouldn't worry about having your own rib in your nose - it sounds weird but it's part of you and less invasive/problematic than a foreign object like silicon. The healing is less of a nightmare now for me as I'm used to the swelling and can see it reducing month by month. Good luck missLila2!
Hello LDNgirl,

You look great! I would like to know something... Did Dr. Rizk use rib graft to refine your nose? I'm also looking for a revision specialist to reduce an overgrafted nose, but I don't want to have rib in my nose. :(
Happy for you and your results. I hope my nightmare ends soon...