Full TT After Kosher Gallbladder Removal...it is Possible and Affordable - New York

I had my gallbladder removed 12 years ago. A few...

I had my gallbladder removed 12 years ago. A few years after I went for a consultation for a TT and was regected, twice. I was devastaded. I had 3 c-sections and needless to say it wasn't pretty down in that part of my belly. Those of you that had their GB removed Kosher know what I'm talking about. Open gallbladder surgery (Kocher) scar would severely decrease the blood flow to the lower tummy skin causing posible necrosis. SCARY!!

I want to say I found a way. I had my TT done 3 months ago. My full TT was done in New York city and total cost was $4500. It was incredible how painless it was. Never touched my pain meds, just the Valium at night. It felt like the day day after of doing 200 abs at the gym for the first time. Thight and sored. The draining tubes were taken off 4 days later. I was expecting huge amount of pain. I had 3 c-sections and my recovery time from all of them was horrible.

I lost 14lbs since the surgery and its looking better. I didn't had any lipo done. So even thou it's flat when I stand up I see my love handles when I sit. It's all good.

Going Back Under The Knife

Well after a successful TT done at Lenox Hill, I decided its time to tackle those love handles left behind during the procedure. With my new found confident I have since started a new relationship and started motorcycle riding. The other day someone took a picture of me on my Harley and while my belly looks flat I could see love handles peeking out. I've been doing Bootcamp 3 times a week and on a diet of protein shake and salad for the past 2 months and the only happy result noticeable its been my reduction of butt cellulite. The handles keep on hanging. I'm hoping to get this done at the end of August 2013.

Went Under the Knife Just Dog Ears

Today was my "dog ears" removal surgery. I had a hard time (like i always do) taking the local anesthesia. I felt half of the procedure so thank God I have high pain tolerance. The doctor was wonderful and patient. He wanted to make sure I was happy at the end. It took about 2 hours.

After I was done, I got up, took the F train to 34th st then the Path to New Jersey and a bus home. That simple, no pain at that moment. Now two hours later I'm felling a little burning sensation in the area but nothing crazy. Will post pictures after it heals.

Day 2 Dog Ears Removal

Last night while going to the bathroom I blacked out and felt to the ground. I woke up two hours later with bruises on my left side of the body. Thankfully nothing happened to my surgery area.

Here are the pictures for day 2.

2 1/2 Weeks Dog Ears Surgery

Well I can't sleep on my stomach yet. I have heavy back pains from sleeping on my back. The scar is healing beautifully and it doesn't itch as much anymore. Here's a close up.

2 1/2 Months after Dog Ears Surgery

Well I can pretty much do anything now. I went to my first Bootcamp class since my surgery and no problem. It's still itchy and tight. Here are some pictures.
Steven M. Lavine, M.D.

Here is the link for the hospital. Any questions you might have please inbox me here (zolmo1)in Real Self. I'll be happy to help. http://www.lenoxhillhospital.org/departments.aspx?id=336

Disregard, I see it's Dr. Lavine. Thanks!
I want to say that the doctor that fix my dog ears is Dr. Leo J. Urbinelli. Remember, this is a program for surgeons internship but I can say they are top notch. Everyone I've send there have seen a different doctor and the results are exceptional. And the price is super affordable. Dr. Urbinelli will be there till the end of October. Dr. Lavine is now in private practice and teaching at NYU..his prices have gone up.
Can you please provide the name of the doctor?
Can you please provide the name of the doctor?
You look great!
Wow!! U look great! I have a huge scar and was devastated at some consultions too because of the gallbladder scar. So glad to have had this done.
Yeah, many doctors refused me. It took a student to have the courage to fix me and he did.
Wow, I am so glad to see your post. I was just told no for a tt due to ny gall bladder scar. Surgeon said it was too risky. I am glad to read that it can be done successfully.
Thank you for your post. I am still in search of a doctor who is confident in performing this procedure and has a proven track record. I have a 5 inch scar from a gallbladder removal and I also had a bikini cut "C" section. I have a lot of elasticity to my skin and my belly fat resembles your before photos. If anyone can recommend a surgeon in Los Angeles that would be great, however, I am willing to travel for a doctor who has the experience to perform this surgery with little risk.
Have you received any recommendations?
Did you get your surgery done?
Thank you for posting your pictures. I also have a 5?inch gall bladder scar and have seen two doctors both of them want to charge me over 15,000. I'm also very concern with the risk of necrosis because of my scar. Did you have a complete tt or a modified one.
Hi Blue 67, sorry for the late reply. I was worried about the same necrosis problem. Two doctors turned me down do to the risk. Mine was a full tt but I can say modified because he didn't go all the way up to the scar. He went as far up as he could. I'm very happy today with with the results.
can i have his # please
Hi I just came across your post and noticed you had your sugery done at Lenox Hill. I had a consultation done last year and was planning on going back this year to actually follow through with the surgery but the surgeon that I saw last year is no longer their. Can i ask how your overall experience was their and also was Dr. Lavine the one who did the actual surgery? Do you know if he is still their? and also do you know of anyone else who has had surgery done their? Thank you and you look great congratulations!
Wow can u email me the info@omayrag79@gmail.com thank u
Was this price the total price or the difference from Insurance?
There was mo insurance coverage. That was the total cost.

You are looking beautiful:)

I think you look pretty awesome too. Your curves are just right! We are women and that is part of our charm :)
I think you look perfect! And I think the curves that you have are feminine and beautiful. How nice to have a flat tummy again, but not look like you've had work done. Enjoy your body!

You could always go back and have lipo later if you decide to, yes?

I'm glad you were able to get this done and that it went so well and was relatively painless.

Thanks for sharing your story on RealSelf!