Living a Nightmare Since Nov 2010 - Roslyn, NY

In October I went to a upscale spa in Roslyn, N.Y....

In October I went to a upscale spa in Roslyn, N.Y. to see about this miracle easy no-operation, lipo procedure...I was having difficulty losing weight in my mid-section, upper & lower front & back and my upper neck. He & his co-owner convinced me that I was going to get fabulous results if I did all these sections and once they turned on the machine all the other sections were only $1500 each as opposed to the first fee $4000 and he charged me an additional $1000 to spend extra time. He was going to transform me...

Before I could sign my name they had me approved by the bank & were instantly paid 1 month prior to my surgery... Also I was told over & over how almost painless a procedure

it is, with little to no down time. Well 11/23 was my day, i was given a valium, a pain-killer & of course the numbing solution ...First thing they do is give you needles to numb the areas they will make incisions in...then they pump you full of what seemed to be gallons of this solution that numbs you so he can go inside with rods to scrap the fat away from the skin with the light laser & then suction it out. my dr was very personable during the surgery cracking jokes & such until it came time for my neck. I was lying flat on my back & he proceeds to pump this solution into my neck making me look like a human frog...I have claustrophobia so immediately I was not having this part of the surgery but I fought through the feeling to allow him to finish....might i say he was completely unsympathetic about this reaction i was having ...Finally what seemed like forever he was done & then the assistant was there squeezing the fluid they pumped into me mixed with blood out i looked like a water balloon.

They strapped me into this compression garmnent which i also paid separately $150 for...and sent me home to take advil...I was in so much pain I wanted to die!!! I was hysterically weepy for several days & I just wanted to turn the clock back because I felt like I was hit by a truck & then a train...Thank God I had left over pain killers that he did not supply...i had to take a week off from work & I could have used 2 weeks but could not take the time...Fast forward to now...I am still numb I cannot feel my lower jaw & under my chin nor can I feel parts of my abdomen & back & do not touch my skin because it feels like I am bruised & it is now March 2011 ...the dumb doctor said he never had this situation happen to him & I said neither did i I totally regret having this done & since I am still numb that means the solution has not left my body & I do not see any results at all as a matter of fact I look puffier...DO NOT DO IT DO NOT RISK WHAT HAPPENED TO ME>>>I AM CONSIDERING SEEING A LAWYER!!!!

Dr Wayne Weirtheim

After the surgery he told me he never had a patient who went through what I did so he suggests i go see a neurologist I asked him to consult with his colleagues & he told me no.

Thank you so much for this advise. I am so sorry for your pain. I just came from this Dr.'s office. Had my free consultation today. Him and the staff talk a good talk, I was actually excited about having it done. But thank you again I need to find someone who is board certified. Hope you get better soon.
What was the name of the doctor you went to? it sounds too familiar!!!
Oh..Wow I am so sorry for you , I am feeling your Pain , I am on the internet searching over and over , and sometimes when Doctors say not as painless seems to be the worst pain, I cannot do any surgery without the general anestiesia , I don't ever want to feel pain until its time to deal with recovery , even then he should have comfort you , this is to say that whenever you want to make sure you have to ask , DO YOU GIVE PAIN MEDS.....Thanks so much for your experience and I see many more complaints ........they will not be apart of my choices thanks again ...Hope you get better!
so sad for what you are going through. i too was going to have surgery at a laser center spa. The Dr.was not a board certified plastic surgeon but a vein specialist. after reading all the posts from actual plastic surgeons on this site, they say any doctor can perform smart lipo. Because of the price of the machine drs. have a vested interest in the procedure. That scared me and i went with a board certified fabulous plastic surgeon. So sorry to hear about this horror and i hope your recovery gets better. :(